What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (18 Viewers)

Tragic, devastating losses sometimes make people self time out a while to re-group emotionally. 

At least Belichick wont be appointing SC justices.

I have no idea what I ate that did this to me, but the liquids are fleeing my body much faster than I can replace them right now. In a few hours, I'll probably look like a mummy. Ugh.  :X

Once a week I stop at the pizza place around the corner and grab a couple of slices to go for dinner. Its usually some sort of specialty slice (penne Vodka, meat lovers, chick parm, etc) so 2 slices is a pretty nice meal.

Just took tonight's dinner out of the oven and while I was eating my first slice (chicken parm) I noticed a hair embedded in the cheese of my 2nd slice (penne vodka). At that point, I'm obviously not eating the slice, but out of curiosity, I pull it out. I then notice 2 more hairs in the same general area.

So what is the protocol here? 1 hair is disgusting but it happens. I'm obviously not pleased about it, but I'm sure I've accidentally/unknowingly eaten something more disgusting than a single human hair in my life. But 3 hairs is clearly a blatant disregard for hygiene and reason to find a new pizza place, right?

Sucks, because this place is like 300 yards from my house and always has a nice variety of slices available. There's another place a little further away, but the selection is much less varied and not as good.

Once a week I stop at the pizza place around the corner and grab a couple of slices to go for dinner. Its usually some sort of specialty slice (penne Vodka, meat lovers, chick parm, etc) so 2 slices is a pretty nice meal.

Just took tonight's dinner out of the oven and while I was eating my first slice (chicken parm) I noticed a hair embedded in the cheese of my 2nd slice (penne vodka). At that point, I'm obviously not eating the slice, but out of curiosity, I pull it out. I then notice 2 more hairs in the same general area.

So what is the protocol here? 1 hair is disgusting but it happens. I'm obviously not pleased about it, but I'm sure I've accidentally/unknowingly eaten something more disgusting than a single human hair in my life. But 3 hairs is clearly a blatant disregard for hygiene and reason to find a new pizza place, right?

Sucks, because this place is like 300 yards from my house and always has a nice variety of slices available. There's another place a little further away, but the selection is much less varied and not as good.
Before any of us can answer you need to tell us what style of pizza it is.

Why is a simple cell phone upgrade a dystopian, Kafakaesque hellscape of incompetent indifference?

Probably a better question:  Why am I still with Sprint?

:bag:  

Equally important what kind of hair it was.

Actually, it doesn't matter.  "Chicken parm" is not a legitimate flavor for pizza and you're doing it wrong.  Just stop eating it anyway.
Pizza is dough with sauce and cheese. 

Chicken parm is chicken with sauce and cheese.

Chicken parm pizza is pizza with chicken and marketing.

Why is a simple cell phone upgrade a dystopian, Kafakaesque hellscape of incompetent indifference?

Probably a better question:  Why am I still with Sprint?

:bag:  
switch over to Republic wireless. slash your bill by 90% but keep the same coverage. porting your phone# is incredibly easy. took me appx. 3 minutes.

You have to expect that when the place is run by a guy named Sal.  

If I am at a fancy pants super nice place that uses truffle oil and has escargot on the menu and uses things together I would never think of and they're delicious and wonderful and has black napkins and wedge salad a hair would be a big deal.  If I am at a hole in the wall ####### delicious as hell dirty hole that clearly hasn't been remodeled in 20+ years and uses gigantic bucket loads of butter and oil and is chinese or italian or something else where not everyone in the joint speaks really great english, a hair is kind of the price of doing regular business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Occasional Hair Pizza:  

One star.  Not because of the hair in the pizza, since hey it's right there in the name--you know sometimes you're just going to get that unexpected free floss.   Yeah, it's kind of disturbing, especially because the cook is bald.  No, one star because chicken parm is not pizza!   Sorry, my hirsute friend, but you can't just take leftovers off of another customer's plate, put it on a pizza and sell it by the slice.  

Last edited by a moderator:
*Walks into pizza place with hair pie*:  "Hi, you might remember me from such pizza buying encounters like this evening, where I again bought two slices of your delicious pie.  After enjoying slice one, I went in to make sweet mouth love to slice 2 and much to my horror, realized I was about to bite down on not one, not two but THREE hairs that are not my own.  Now I love this place and think you love me, so how are we going to make this right so we both forget it ever happened?"

Smile.  Be nice.  Enjoy your free pizza coupons.

Users who are viewing this thread