What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

I had to check this.  JFC.  

And people complain that rap music glorifies gang activity and crap. 

Pretty much every country song that has come out in the last 7-8 years glorifies being a r3tarded hillbilly. 
My hotsor SIL divorced her ####### husband in April.  He loved Bro Country and carried his portable boom box around with him to play it.  My sons hated it as much as I did.  If you ask either one right now what four things every bro country song mentions they will, without missing a beat, say:

1.  Ice cold beer 

2.  Trucks 

3. Girls 

4.  God (or the man upstairs)

It's staggering how stupid this crap is. 

My hotsor SIL divorced her ####### husband in April.  He loved Bro Country and carried his portable boom box around with him to play it.  My sons hated it as much as I did.  If you ask either one right now what four things every bro country song mentions they will, without missing a beat, say:

1.  Ice cold beer 

2.  Trucks 

3. Girls 

Is there still a budding romance between your SIL and your neighbor buddy who went to Oregon State?

Speaking of the research triangle that is Bakersfield...

Teacher's aide (not my district) made this comment on FB.

(not sure why '*******' is censored)
she just increased her employability by about 200%

friend of mine in HS... his dad ran a local (large) food processing plant in town.

we were hanging out at his house one night. dad had a few beers in him. he got to talking about immigration, the cops and his job. he was moaning and groaning that periodically immigration officials would come through and round up his employees. he'd pay some nominal fine/penalty for "illegal hiring practices" and then bring back the same employees the next day.

he understood it to be government extortion that he either had to pay or they'd shut him down. couldn't hire anyone locally because it's dangerous work, long hours and doesn't pay well. no one with any capability to work less, in a safer environment of any kind would apply.

without "immigrants" he closes. the city loses a huge employer. the tax base sinks. he moves somewhere else and opens again. wash, rinse, repeat.

the immigration police didn't really care. they only came around to collect their fine money so they could buy fancy new guns and ####. 

in the end everyone wins, even if they are all annoyed by the process.

i wonder what he's doing today. probably puffing a cigar, hammering a whiskey and banging his secretary on a stack of trillion dollar bills if i had to guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wonder what he's doing today. probably puffing a cigar, hammering a whiskey and banging his secretary on a stack of trillion dollar bills if i had to guess.
Which President is on that one?  (And don't say "All of them. They're having a party", cuz that's the 10,000 note.  Jimmy Carter is passed out on the couch, IIRC.)

1.  Ice cold beer 

2.  Trucks 

3. Girls 

she's still single, right?

regarding the catholics and alcohol.

when i was younger i spent the summer in Manistee MI  a town of 7000 polish catholics in north west Michigan.   It was basically where Happy Days was filmed.

mid summer there was a wedding and i was invited.   There's like 900 catholics here.    And about 7 priests.   And an open bar.    And the priests were hoarding the open bar.    Thats  when i decided to become Catholic

regarding the catholics and alcohol.

when i was younger i spent the summer in Manistee MI  a town of 7000 polish catholics in north west Michigan.   It was basically where Happy Days was filmed.

mid summer there was a wedding and i was invited.   There's like 900 catholics here.    And about 7 priests.   And an open bar.    And the priests were hoarding the open bar.    Thats  when i decided to become Catholic
Wherever you find four Catholics you'll find a fifth.

A little remodeling update.

Because of structural issues that weren't entirely expected and our inability to get a structural engineer on site until who knows when, we are going to be without a completed kitchen for the first month that we are in the house, at least. 

Fun stuff.

RedmondLonghorn said:

Because of structural issues that weren't entirely expected and our inability to get a structural engineer on site until who knows when, we are going to be without a completed kitchen for the first month that we are in the house, at least. 

Fun stuff.
it wsan't my fault!

right?

:oldunsure:

good luck with the rest of it gb- no more whammies.

it wsan't my fault!

right?

:oldunsure:

good luck with the rest of it gb- no more whammies.
I am not sure whose fault it is. I put some of it on the architect, for sure. But he has been doing his best to get a structural engineer on site for weeks. He came up with a good solution to the problem that will result in a fantastic design and won't cost a lot, but he needs it to be blessed by an engineer for permitting. The fact is that we are moving ahead kind of regardless of the permitting process. :oldunsure:  

He knows this, of course, but doesn't officially know this. So he could have done a better job of unofficially communicating things with the contractor and us.

RedmondLonghorn said:

Fun stuff.
I know structural engineers that I can call and they'll show up right away.   Have I failed to mention this on several occasions?

Ugh. Just found out my uncle passed away. I'm sure there's going to be a huge mess. His horrible wife took off with his young adult son (it would take me 5,000 words to describe how sad/bizarre/creepy that relationship is) a year or two ago and served him with divorce papers. She obviously had been reading up here because she cleaned him out and disappeared. He had no idea where they even went. But I don't think the divorce was finalized and now he's dead. In the meantime, my grandmother had given him a bunch of money for a down payment on a new place to live since he was wiped out. Pretty sure she was paying for his divorce lawyer too. 

I think my dad is the executor of my uncle's estate, but if the divorce wasn't finalized, I have no idea how that will play out. 

Meanwhile, it may do my grandmother in. She's 93 years old. She's pretty good for 93, still lives on her own, but her health has been declining. It was already hard for her that he lived across the country and was all alone. For him to die suddenly and not even be found right away is going to be really tough on her and my dad.

I was really hoping that there would be a redemption story for my uncle after some really bad decisions that created a lot of heartache for himself and people that actually cared about him. Unfortunately, not every story has a happy ending.

Ugh. Just found out my uncle passed away. I'm sure there's going to be a huge mess. His horrible wife took off with his young adult son (it would take me 5,000 words to describe how sad/bizarre/creepy that relationship is) a year or two ago and served him with divorce papers. She obviously had been reading up here because she cleaned him out and disappeared. He had no idea where they even went. But I don't think the divorce was finalized and now he's dead. In the meantime, my grandmother had given him a bunch of money for a down payment on a new place to live since he was wiped out. Pretty sure she was paying for his divorce lawyer too. 

I think my dad is the executor of my uncle's estate, but if the divorce wasn't finalized, I have no idea how that will play out. 

Meanwhile, it may do my grandmother in. She's 93 years old. She's pretty good for 93, still lives on her own, but her health has been declining. It was already hard for her that he lived across the country and was all alone. For him to die suddenly and not even be found right away is going to be really tough on her and my dad.

I was really hoping that there would be a redemption story for my uncle after some really bad decisions that created a lot of heartache for himself and people that actually cared about him. Unfortunately, not every story has a happy ending.
ugh... sorry about your loss and the impending family mess GD.

This seems...bad.

Sorry man.

Ug, brutal.

Users who are viewing this thread