What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (5 Viewers)

I posted this in the movie thread, but figured you guys might now the story- saw a doc about Author: JT Leroy last night...was amazed at the story (nom de plume that comes to life through a proxy/avatar) and amazed that it had completely slipped by me when it happened. 

I'm sure all you dabba-geniuses read the books and figured it all out in real time.... ??

I posted this in the movie thread, but figured you guys might now the story- saw a doc about Author: JT Leroy last night...was amazed at the story (nom de plume that comes to life through a proxy/avatar) and amazed that it had completely slipped by me when it happened. 

I'm sure all you dabba-geniuses read the books and figured it all out in real time.... ??
wat

wat
in the late 90s early aughts, a homeless drug addict prostitute kid wrote some stories and books that turned the literary world upside down. celebrities went crazy for the books- especially musicians. he was very reclusive, declining any reading engagements (letting celebrities read instead) until finally he appeared on a german tv interview in andy warhol blonde wig and giant glasses. JT Leroy (jeremy terminator leroy). 

the books were written by a nutso woman who then got her sister in law to play the part. the ruse went on for years. finally unravelled, years later, by the NYtimes (a guy I went to college with, as it turns out... not quite pedo-ex of lisa marie, sure).

I watched a documentary about the story. I found the story insanely compelling- and the doc did a solid job of telling it. highly recommend.

I was wondering whether anybody else knew the books or story or documentary.

eta: there's a ton more to the story.. including that the actual writer ended up writing for Deadwood and the SIL who played the part ended up sleeping with Asia Argento when she was trying to pitch making a movie from one of the books.

Last edited by a moderator:
in the late 90s early aughts, a homeless drug addict prostitute kid wrote some stories and books that turned the literary world upside down. celebrities went crazy for the books- especially musicians. he was very reclusive, declining any reading engagements (letting celebrities read instead) until finally he appeared on a german tv interview in andy warhol blonde wig and giant glasses. JT Leroy (jeremy terminator leroy). 

the books were written by a nutso woman who then got her sister in law to play the part. the ruse went on for years. finally unravelled, years later, by the NYtimes (a guy I went to college with, as it turns out... not quite pedo-ex of lisa marie, sure).

I watched a documentary about the story. I found the story insanely compelling- and the doc did a solid job of telling it. highly recommend.

eta: there's a ton more to the story.. including that the actual writer ended up writing for Deadwood and the SIL who played the part ended up sleeping with Asia Argento when she was trying to pitch making a movie from one of the books.

i understand most of these words

but strung together, in what appears to be sentences, they make no sense

I got nothin

Thanks guys.

After some internet searching and talking with my dad, we're pretty sure the divorce was final. A call to the court next week should be able to confirm that. 

I still expect some nastiness somehow from his ex, but if the divorce was final, that limits the potential damage and headache.

Thanks guys.

After some internet searching and talking with my dad, we're pretty sure the divorce was final. A call to the court next week should be able to confirm that. 

I still expect some nastiness somehow from his ex, but if the divorce was final, that limits the potential damage and headache.
Glad to hear the good news.  Sorry for all the chaos you guys are going through.

Are you doing teh cocaine?  Cause you sound like my friend Ted after he stripes out about half a dozen lines.

Ugh. Just found out my uncle passed away. I'm sure there's going to be a huge mess. His horrible wife took off with his young adult son (it would take me 5,000 words to describe how sad/bizarre/creepy that relationship is) a year or two ago and served him with divorce papers. She obviously had been reading up here because she cleaned him out and disappeared. He had no idea where they even went. But I don't think the divorce was finalized and now he's dead. In the meantime, my grandmother had given him a bunch of money for a down payment on a new place to live since he was wiped out. Pretty sure she was paying for his divorce lawyer too. 

I think my dad is the executor of my uncle's estate, but if the divorce wasn't finalized, I have no idea how that will play out. 

Meanwhile, it may do my grandmother in. She's 93 years old. She's pretty good for 93, still lives on her own, but her health has been declining. It was already hard for her that he lived across the country and was all alone. For him to die suddenly and not even be found right away is going to be really tough on her and my dad.

I was really hoping that there would be a redemption story for my uncle after some really bad decisions that created a lot of heartache for himself and people that actually cared about him. Unfortunately, not every story has a happy ending.
Oof.  Sorry, man.

Supposed to clean out the garage today

Noticed wife's tire had a nail in it so went to drop that off.  Gonna be about an hour so heading to the bar for a bloody Mary :banned:

They don't open for 10 more minutes though 

So I'm hiring for full time and part time personal trainers. When you put a job listing on the Craigslist for this you get some...interesting replies. 

Also, many hot young womens are applying too. Wife is a bit leery of me interviewing them. 

One 21 year old is a former gymnast who worked at Victoria Secret and a tanning salon. 

So I'm hiring for full time and part time personal trainers. When you put a job listing on the Craigslist for this you get some...interesting replies. 

Also, many hot young womens are applying too. Wife is a bit leery of me interviewing them. 

One 21 year old is a former gymnast who worked at Victoria Secret and a tanning salon. 
That's code for stripper

Users who are viewing this thread