What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (23 Viewers)

do you and Pete Nice get together and debate baseball over hot toddies?

eta: i love you
mc serch was the talent. pete nice was just... hell if I know about any of it. nice was a gb's neighbor for a while in the desolate far west village. used to walk around with a pimp cane all the time... which seems idiotic, but the guy was actually pretty nice. nope- still idiotic.

need opinions on my new linkedin headshot. tia.

Oliver Humanzee said:
Haven't listened to this yet, but there is almost no way they can suck as bad as the three bands to which you've compared them.  

The Plimsouls are the best of lot (certianly better than the other ones, though not as good as The Only Ones) in a post-Bob Stinson Replacements kind of way, but are pretty weak tea compared to Game Theory, Dream Syndicate and other bands of the Paisley Underground scene.

The Strokes are "pop music" in the sense that it is music that both fails to "rock" and aspires to popularity.  But no reasonable person would use the word "power" to describe any aspect of their Brooklyn Tom Petty schtick.  They suck.  

Here is some "power pop" that might have slipped under your radar.

The Go Betweens

The Clean

The Verlaines

The Dream Syndicate

Game Theory

The Chills

Big fan of these guys

mc serch was the talent. pete nice was just... hell if I know about any of it. nice was a gb's neighbor for a while in the desolate far west village. used to walk around with a pimp cane all the time... which seems idiotic, but the guy was actually pretty nice. nope- still idiotic.

need opinions on my new linkedin headshot. tia.
I would crush her pelvis

No, wish it was.  In fact, I am putting in a new front lawn in a couple of weeks.  

We got some kind of ####ed up worms and some disease in the soil in several areas ...then some damn moles.  It looks like #### - and it used to look so good.  

Cracking open the wallet.  
Be glad it's not yours, because it looks awful. They cut it all wrong, and - to steal a line from Darrell Green - did it "many-fold over".

I gave away my golf clubs. I just didn't have time to play enough to not embarrass myself (& and hold everyone else up). A kid in my office was all gung-ho about playing, so I gave them to him. :lol:  He's got young children and hasn't used them once.

We went out and pretended we aren't old while talking about how old we are. And since when did lounges play dance music. Wtf.

Beer-bottling Day in Casa Uruk. Gonna cap 5 gallons of a Russian Stout (my brewing buddy loves it; I'm "meh") and 5 gallons of some other damned thing I chose - some kind of ale, I think. Plus, the Belgian Tripel we bottled a couple of weeks ago should be ready to drink, so I'll likely be drunk by 9 (as opposed to 10 on a normal day).

I didn't say that, nor do I think that "sophomoric" is necessarily a pejorative when it comes to rock music. The Ramones, The Modern Lovers, and about a hundred other great bands could accurately be described as "sophomoric". I was summoned, like a malevolent spirit of snobbery, to a post about the Plimsouls.  And lo, I find them boring as hell, which I didn't really think was a controversial opinion.

I listened to your 2017 playlist.  I'm not into Dirty Projectors, Elbow, Japandroids, and a bunch of the other stuff.  But Sleaford Mods are awesome (and playing Seattle soon!), the new Slowdive record is everything my inner mope hoped it would be, and PILE are one of the best bands on the planet right now.  So take it eas'.

Also, if your nerdery can't accommodate The Flying Nun back catalog, you seriously need to have it recalibrated before they kick you off of the Numero Group e-mail list.  

Also, I just heard the debut record by OUT, and it is really good.  In the Drive Like Jehu-Unwound-Monorchid spectrum.  You'd probably really like it. I heard a couple of people compare it to Lungfish, if that kind of stuff turns yer crank.

OUT--Swim Buddies

that's a catchy tune :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread