What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (22 Viewers)

That whole Uber/Lyft thing scares me. And this is coming from someone who has drunk-walked 50 blocks around a Nicaraguan town hollering for Julio (yep, I was sure there was only one) because I thought I had lost the key to the house I was staying in. It was in the other pocket :bag:  

I sat next to Doug E. Fresh at the NBA All-Star game way back when it was in Minnesota in the early nineties.  I know that because someone came up to him and said his name and asked for an autograph.  Would have had no idea otherwise.
i liked this but you should feel great shame for not knowing Doug E Fresh was sitting right next to you <_<

Somebody was asking for a Spotify playlist.  I quickly slapped together a small one featuring stuff that is neither mainstream nor way out there.  Pretty much 50 or so songs from my gigantic catch-all of a playlist.   Most are fairly recent (from this century).

Hopefully this works

Enjoy.  Or don't. I don't care.
Been jamming out hard to Could You over the last few days.  So so good.

Reg Lllama of Brixton said:
Somebody was asking for a Spotify playlist.  I quickly slapped together a small one featuring stuff that is neither mainstream nor way out there.  Pretty much 50 or so songs from my gigantic catch-all of a playlist.   Most are fairly recent (from this century).

Hopefully this works

Enjoy.  Or don't. I don't care.
I have a bunch of tedious work to do this afternoon, and I'm going to listen to this in the background to make it less tedious. :thumbup:   I don't know a lot of the stuff so am looking forward to it.  I :heart:  that Ryan Adams song; even got Mr krista to admit once that it was a good song.

Listening to the song "Often," I think you might be trying to get into the entirety of the GMTAN's pants.
That came up on a "recommended for you" thingy.  Probably based on some of the stuff I play in class.  I added it to my School playlist before I listened to the lyrics and discovered it was about getting drunk and car sex.

shuke said:
Yes, this is what turned me on to them. COP is an awesome song.
I just got to this on the playlist. :wub:   My favorite new-to-me one so far.  To me, has a little Future Islands feel to it, without the nutso-showman lead singer, though.  Whatever happened to Future Islands?

That Eels song on the playlist also made me swoon.  

Last edited by a moderator:
watching a NatGeo program about survivors of the a-bomb

"some people simply vaporized instantly. some people turned to piles of carbon without even having time to realize what had happened.."  

holy #### :(

watching a NatGeo program about survivors of the a-bomb

"some people simply vaporized instantly. some people turned to piles of carbon without even having time to realize what had happened.."  

holy #### :(
Did they talk about the guy who survived BOTH nuclear bombs? There was a guy who survived the bombing in Hiroshima, and then went to Nagasaki to stay with family or something like that and ended up surviving that one too. Pretty insane.

Did they talk about the guy who survived BOTH nuclear bombs? There was a guy who survived the bombing in Hiroshima, and then went to Nagasaki to stay with family or something like that and ended up surviving that one too. Pretty insane.
they did not

they did talk about how the US government sent in a team/teams of doctors and scientists to study the effects of radiation poisoning. not to treat it, just to observe it and document it. that was the part that got me. not the instant death of tens of thousands of people.. but sending in doctors and scientists to observe the surviving guinea pigs.

Frostillicus said:
I sat next to Doug E. Fresh at the NBA All-Star game way back when it was in Minnesota in the early nineties.  I know that because someone came up to him and said his name and asked for an autograph.  Would have had no idea otherwise.
One time I introduced my friend Doug to a group of girls as "Douglas Fresh."  We laughed a lot when they continued to refer to him by that name for the rest of the night.

Remodel update:

We are moving in to the house in 22 days and the project is behind schedule and over budget. A lot can happen in three weeks (some of it bad), but realistically we are going to be moving into a construction site.

This is soooo much fun. 

Remodel update:

We are moving in to the house in 22 days and the project is behind schedule and over budget. A lot can happen in three weeks (some of it bad), but realistically we are going to be moving into a construction site.

This is soooo much fun. 
Wait, your remodel is behind schedule and over budget?!?  I have to say, I've never heard of such a thing.

Just realized that yesterday was my "11 month anniversary" of being without full-time employment.  Not sure if I should be pleased or disgusted that I didn't even notice.

That said, now I think I'm going to nip on down to the corner store and shoot myself.

For some reason, I put the following in the Trump thread, where it really doesn't belong:

About a month ago, my son was extremely unhappy with my parenting, I was frustrated with him for being a idiot teen (16 years old), and the two of use were arguing, and the boy took a run at me.  It was a complete dumpster fire of a pigf^ck.  We ended up destroying half of the TV room.  He was determined to pin me, and I had to put him down without really hurting him; at 6'1" and 165 pounds, this was NOT easy. In the moment, I was really questioning sending him to BJJ class.  At one point, it actually went through my mind that I might need to arm-bar him as the only way to keep him from getting the best of me.  Thank god for what little bit of old man strength and tenacity I have left.  If this was 6 months in the future, it may have gone different.  He eventually got too exhausted to keep it up, and I sent him to his room while we both cooled down.  

Anyway, we had a LOT to work out in the ensuing weeks, and are getting back to a good place, but it's been tough (yes, there were consequences, yes we spoke a great deal about the incident).  Lots of discussions about where I as a father derive my authority (not by physical size/strength) and he was grounded for long time (just now coming off).  Things been decent.  But man, a tough few nights for a while.  Raising kids right it hard. 

I tried my father when I was 16. I was taller than him and full of myself; he had a weight edge on me, old man strength (I thought at the time - he was only 36!), and the ability to invoke dad-fear. It did not go well for me - he grabbed my collar, jacked me up against my car, and held me about a foot off the ground for while I crumbled. Never even tried to hit me (I can only recall two times in my entire life where he even spanked me). Told me to stop acting like an idiot. Then he gave me $20 and told to go for a drive to cool off.

Users who are viewing this thread