What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (19 Viewers)

RedmondLonghorn said:
Dr. Pepper is the nectar of the gods.

If I could just give that #### up I would weigh 15 pounds less. 
Sorry that #### tastes like Satan's taint sweat.

2/10 would not bang

My grandmother on my father's side would give me a check for $5 for my birthday (when I was an adult).  It wasn't worth it to go to the bank, wait on line (I could only find time during lunch like everyone else) and deposit it.  She once knitted me a "blanket" that was 2 feet by 2 feet.  I had no idea what to do with it.  She didn't have dementia or anything like that.  She was just extremely cheap with me, and in general not a nice person.  When she asked why I never deposited her checks I told her that I didn't have time to do it for what amounts to basically a half of a sandwich.  The last time she spoke with my mom was when I was born and I never really understood or found out what her problem was.  That always really bothered me and contributed to why I never wanted anything from her, including her annual check for $5.  I eventually gave up keeping in touch with her even though my dad wasn't thrilled with that.  I can't say I have any good memories of her.

Last edited by a moderator:
My grandmother on my father's side would give me a check for $5 for my birthday (when I was an adult).  It wasn't worth it to go to the bank, wait on line (I could only find time during lunch like everyone else) and deposit it.  She once knitted me a "blanket" that was 2 feet by 2 feet.  I had no idea what to do with it.  She didn't have dementia or anything like that.  She was just extremely cheap with me, and in general not a nice person.  When she asked why I never deposited her checks I told her that I didn't have time to do it for what amounts to basically a half of a sandwich.  The last time she spoke with my mom was when I was born and I never really understood or found out what her problem was.  I eventually gave up keeping in touch with her even though my dad wasn't thrilled with that.  I can't say I have any good memories of her.
Last I saw my grandmother was randomly in Julian, California.  We were crossing the street and my grandmother saw us and drove over the curb and up on to the sidewalk trying to run over my brother and me.  Also no dementia. Just a crazy #####.

High-school graduation update:  my grandpa just gave my nephew $25,000 for a gift.

Makes Aunt Krista look like Aunt ####### Scrooge.

Note: Grandpa is not rich.
good one, toots mcscrooge!  

and wow!  HS?  was he even one of the 2946 valedictorians?  very cool

I am not the knowledgeable about track, but a 14 year old kid at a middle school track meet I had the misfortune of attending this afternoon ran a 100M dash in 11.8. Kid was flying.

I just looked up the US Junior Olympics record for that age group and it is 10.94. 

The same kid beat the next fastest kid by about 25 yards in the 200M.

This was the most interesting thing that happened to me today. :kicksrock:

I got cash money equalling my age every birthday from Grandma. I figure if I live a few more thousand years I'll be on to something.

Floppinho had an overnight camping trip with his 4th grade class last night. His first time doing anything like that... and he was equal parts excited and terrified. I hope he doesn't come home with the clap.

My grandmother on my father's side would give me a check for $5 for my birthday (when I was an adult).  It wasn't worth it to go to the bank, wait on line (I could only find time during lunch like everyone else) and deposit it.  She once knitted me a "blanket" that was 2 feet by 2 feet.  I had no idea what to do with it.  She didn't have dementia or anything like that.  She was just extremely cheap with me, and in general not a nice person.  When she asked why I never deposited her checks I told her that I didn't have time to do it for what amounts to basically a half of a sandwich.  The last time she spoke with my mom was when I was born and I never really understood or found out what her problem was.  That always really bothered me and contributed to why I never wanted anything from her, including her annual check for $5.  I eventually gave up keeping in touch with her even though my dad wasn't thrilled with that.  I can't say I have any good memories of her.
Sorry the relationship with her was so sour. Was it your paternal gma? I never understood abandoning family the way she did with your mom.

Had an uncle who'd do the 5 buck thing. As a kid, darn tootin I was calling that check right away. Later, I'd just wait until I had another check to deposit. Hes cheap, but a nice guy... didn't want to hurt his feelings.

I am not the knowledgeable about track, but a 14 year old kid at a middle school track meet I had the misfortune of attending this afternoon ran a 100M dash in 11.8. Kid was flying.

I just looked up the US Junior Olympics record for that age group and it is 10.94. 

That is fast.  But .86 seconds in the 100 is like a year. 

Sorry the relationship with her was so sour. Was it your paternal gma? I never understood abandoning family the way she did with your mom.

Had an uncle who'd do the 5 buck thing. As a kid, darn tootin I was calling that check right away. Later, I'd just wait until I had another check to deposit. Hes cheap, but a nice guy... didn't want to hurt his feelings.
Yup, she was my paternal grandmother.  I never met my paternal grandfather since he died before I was born.  My grandmother had remarried before I was born.  My step-grandfather was a nice guy, but my grandmother was so domineering he basically did whatever she wanted.

What's this now?

ungrateful sonsa#####es in here

i got money for birthdays and first communion as a kid. also, i worked 3 paper routes. the only thing i ever got to do with any of that money was buy a $0.35 cent bottle of Mountain Dew on my way home from the last paper route.

all the rest of my money went in to "my" bank account.. that my parents eventually sucked dry to pay the bills.

moaning about $10 from grandma for your birthday

pfft

try ketchup sandwiches for lunch

I was informed by a doctor today that allowing the end of a piece of bamboo to scrape across your eyeball is apparently not recommended by healthcare professionals. I thought I should share this with the group. 
Lesson:  Don't buy the sex doll with the bamboo areolas.

That was my mom's explanation.

ETA:  I think I got a small turkey sandwich for a graduation gift.
Was it a good sandwich though?  Nice bread?  Turkey was moist?  Maybe had a little avocado on it?

No, but it sounds interesting.  I would try it.
No, it's not. I knew it was garbage when I was 4 years old.

I'm talking about the mass-produced crud that came in a can when I was a kid (was it Underwood? I remember the Devil being on the label), not some fancy revival of the same name. I guess it was supposed to be used as a spread, but many families in my area used it as the "meat" with nothing else.

No, it's not. I knew it was garbage when I was 4 years old.

I'm talking about the mass-produced crud that came in a can when I was a kid (was it Underwood? I remember the Devil being on the label), not some fancy revival of the same name. I guess it was supposed to be used as a spread, but many families in my area used it as the "meat" with nothing else.
I never heard of it, but I am like a dog when it comes to food.  I will try anything as long as it's actually food.  Now that you describe it, it doesn't sound that interesting, but I would still probably try it.

What makes a food "deviled"?

Pretty sure it's all the sin.

Yes.  And it was beyond vile.

I don't know what made this particular product deviled. Red Pepper, maybe? I honestly can't recall any ingredients - it's been over 40 years since I had to eat that stuff. I DO know it didn't taste like ham, though.

One of my female students in the national champion for her age group in discus and 3 in shot put.  She's kind of a big deal.

I certainly had deviled ham and Miracle Whip sandwiches back in the trailer-park days. I'm going to put olive oil MW in my tuna tonight. It's heart healthy. 

I feel like this song is the theme song for the GMTAN. Or maybe just Tanner's.

I don't like the music other people tend to shareHate your loser lyrics, middle fingers in the airI'm a starving artist nowhere close to millionaireI prefer my Kia, middle fingers in the air

I thought tanner was going to actually answer the valedictorian thing.. because I'm still   :confused:  

how do a third of the students end up with exactly the same highest grade after 4 years of HS? I genuinely don't understand this.

TIA, will answer yours.

Users who are viewing this thread