What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (17 Viewers)

we had a pretty strong storm blow through just a bit ago

skies got really dark, wind picked up to 30-40 mph, cottonwood started blowing all over the place.

then the radios & phones started going nuts with a tornado warning alert.

lady next to me says "is that siren because it's snowing outside???!!?"

:lmao:

yes, June 14th. it's almost 90 out there and now it's snowing.

i almost puked from laughing

Yeah not really. There's a big hit piece put out recently by a conservative think tank claiming that the pro-public transit Metropolitan Council was intentionally not investing in roads to force gridlock to force investments in bus and bike and light rail. 

Except... we are the 14th largest metro in the us and rank 17th worst for congestion. So there's the actual facts. 
ahh thanks     where do you find that info. i'm curious where Portland ranks

Dishes Sean Connery.
The best part of this was your doing both parts of the joke.

I was coming home tonight and Here Comes Your Man came on the radio.  Thoughts on this?  I :heart:  this song - it takes me to a happy place - but I've always thought real Pixies aficionados might hate it.

In other news, the next song on was Situation by Yaz, which I'll have you all know was one of the Bulldolls' three most requested dance routines when I was on the squad.  I could probably still remember at least half of it, though it might not be a pretty sight at this point.  :bulldolls4evah:  :imoldaf:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was coming home tonight and Here Comes Your Man came on the radio.  Thoughts on this?  I :heart:  this song - it takes me to a happy place - but I've always thought real Pixies aficionados might hate it.
Nope. It's a great song.

That and "Where is my Mind" are typically the only Pixies songs that non-fans know.  I've been referring to WIMM? as "The Lovers Theme From Fight Club" for years.  

I am not familiar with the Pixies music, but the title "Where is My Mind" reminds me of something Ozzie Osborne once said - "Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most."

"are your car doors unlocked?"

"what? oh, i left her cleats in her soccer bag that i thought was by the shoes in the dining room but then i remembered that i went to get icee's from the freezer last night and had to move a box to open the door so i set my keys down by the backdoor"

"sooo... are your doors unlocked?"

"what?"

"are your car doors unlocked?"

"i forgot to tell you that (daughter) needs lunch in a brown bag today because she's going on a field trip. then i have an appointment after work for my dress fitting and (other daughter) has to be to soccer. don't forget bug spray and sunscreen. and remember to bring a chair. did you grab a water for her?"

"ARE YOUR CAR DOORS UNLOCKED!??!?"

"what? why are you getting upset?"

"BECAUSE I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF YOUR CAR DOORS ARE UNLOCKED BEFORE I RUN OUT IN THE RAIN AND FIND OUT THEY AREN'T THEN I HAVE TO RUN BACK IN AND OUT AGAIN. ARE YOUR CAR DOORS UNLOCKED??????

"why does it matter?"

:deadbanana:

there's a guy posting now who starts a lotta threads.  90.....8? percent of them are clear fabrications, no? what's the point of that exactly?
No clue. Some people just get off on trolling or the attention. I actually have him on block simply because I don't care to read most of his made up stuff. He still managed to suck me in with the latest one. 

General Malaise said:
mr. furley said:
there's a guy posting now who starts a lotta threads.  90.....8? percent of them are clear fabrications, no? what's the point of that exactly?
One of three on my illustrious ignore list.  His former iteration was just as bad.
which guy? one of them- RnR- I believe is non-schtick... although if he was schtick, it would be pretty fantastic in an all-in,committed kind of way. 

popped this on and forgot i had US Open coverage playing on a different monitor.  threw me for a loop to hear golf narration underneath some dude screaming at me. 

thought maybe i just wasn't punk enough to understand

eta: now i see the problem. when youse were listening to the Pixies, i was listening to hip hop's golden era. '91 brought us a handful of the greatest records of all time https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_in_hip_hop_music

Users who are viewing this thread