What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (9 Viewers)

In case anyone like a good rant…

Wife’s phone starting acting up Tuesday (screen flickering, going white/green) and of course I was out of town so she was left to deal with it (dealing with stuff isn’t her specialty).  So she went to Sprint store on Wednesday to have them check it out, but since it was cracked (has been for like a year with no issues) they refused to look at it and suggested she make an insurance claim (yes we’re suckers and buy phone insurance)

They told her it’s usually a next day thing so she tried claim online but the website kept timing out on her.  She called and they said there’s a sometimes a 24 hour hold period or something but they would finish the claim and she should get her phone Thursday.  Thursday rolls around, no phone, no emails, card isn’t charged for deductible, so she calls again.  They told her it’s been approved but hasn’t shipped, blah blah blah, reconfirm her card info, it’ll be there Friday (today).  Still hadn’t heard anything so I’m finally back and look into it.  Couldn’t track shipment, looked like claim was still open but also crashed on me, so I told her to call again.  Finally gets ahold of someone that tells her there is issue with the credit card not going through (WTF…would have been nice if someone responded to tell us that).  So I try again online, able to get though, card still declined.  Try my card (joint cards same account) and it goes through so it jogs my memory that my stupid 4 year old tried ordering $100 worth of Clash Royale gems like a month ago and I guess we never approved the purchase as legit or flagged it as fraud or something, so her card has been on hold for like a month.

Looks like phone will be here Monday now and her card is back in order, but what a damn clusterfluff of a process

TL;DR – customer service sucks, kids are dumb

In case anyone like a good rant…

Wife’s phone starting acting up Tuesday (screen flickering, going white/green) and of course I was out of town so she was left to deal with it (dealing with stuff isn’t her specialty).  So she went to Sprint store on Wednesday to have them check it out, but since it was cracked (has been for like a year with no issues) they refused to look at it and suggested she make an insurance claim (yes we’re suckers and buy phone insurance)

They told her it’s usually a next day thing so she tried claim online but the website kept timing out on her.  She called and they said there’s a sometimes a 24 hour hold period or something but they would finish the claim and she should get her phone Thursday.  Thursday rolls around, no phone, no emails, card isn’t charged for deductible, so she calls again.  They told her it’s been approved but hasn’t shipped, blah blah blah, reconfirm her card info, it’ll be there Friday (today).  Still hadn’t heard anything so I’m finally back and look into it.  Couldn’t track shipment, looked like claim was still open but also crashed on me, so I told her to call again.  Finally gets ahold of someone that tells her there is issue with the credit card not going through (WTF…would have been nice if someone responded to tell us that).  So I try again online, able to get though, card still declined.  Try my card (joint cards same account) and it goes through so it jogs my memory that my stupid 4 year old tried ordering $100 worth of Clash Royale gems like a month ago and I guess we never approved the purchase as legit or flagged it as fraud or something, so her card has been on hold for like a month.

Looks like phone will be here Monday now and her card is back in order, but what a damn clusterfluff of a process

TL;DR – customer service sucks, kids are dumb
I want you to know I think this is annoying and shouldn't have happened to you.

I also want to murder you out of jealousy for having a wife who didn't know her credit card wasn't working for a month.

negative post

my wife narrowly missed backing in to my car this morning.  if she had hit it, that would be the 4th time.

it's my fault for parking behind her and not telling her. i didn't think that was necessary since i couldn't park in my usual spot last night, as she had piled it up with gardening utensils, a hose and some other ####.. and never moved them even though i asked her to after i parked, got out and chatted with her then went inside to put the kids to bed.

there's absolutely no way to miss my red car parked directly behind her in the only currently available driveway space. especially not when you have to walk between the two cars to corral the 6 year old and get her in the car.

this is the...........6th time in 10 years i've had to park behind her, i'd guess. she has hit my car 3 times. she backed all the way up to the window of my mom's car one night when it was parked behind her. then blew her top about the car being parked there.

the excuse "well, your car isn't usually parked there so i don't have to look in my mirrors when i back up" is......... fair? in a world where there are no potential obstacles crossing behind you on the sidewalk or busy street you're backing in to.

most mornings i'm gone, or parked on the other half of the driveway so this isn't a problem. thankfully our next house has a double-wide driveway to park on. if we had a single lane, i'd just eat the nightly ticket for street parking instead of having her play demolition derby with my car every morning.

and before you ask, yes, we have a garage. it's currently full of household items as we transition out of this house to another so no one is parking in it.

People think I'm crazy but we've had ATT for like 15 years and customer service has always been very good.
Sprint itself is fine but the insurance is 3rd party.

I want you to know I think this is annoying and shouldn't have happened to you.

I also want to murder you out of jealousy for having a wife who didn't know her credit card wasn't working for a month.
She's to busy using the debit card or her Target Red Card

negative post

my wife narrowly missed backing in to my car this morning.  if she had hit it, that would be the 4th time.

it's my fault for parking behind her and not telling her. i didn't think that was necessary since i couldn't park in my usual spot last night, as she had piled it up with gardening utensils, a hose and some other ####.. and never moved them even though i asked her to after i parked, got out and chatted with her then went inside to put the kids to bed.

there's absolutely no way to miss my red car parked directly behind her in the only currently available driveway space. especially not when you have to walk between the two cars to corral the 6 year old and get her in the car.

this is the...........6th time in 10 years i've had to park behind her, i'd guess. she has hit my car 3 times. she backed all the way up to the window of my mom's car one night when it was parked behind her. then blew her top about the car being parked there.

the excuse "well, your car isn't usually parked there so i don't have to look in my mirrors when i back up" is......... fair? in a world where there are no potential obstacles crossing behind you on the sidewalk or busy street you're backing in to.

most mornings i'm gone, or parked on the other half of the driveway so this isn't a problem. thankfully our next house has a double-wide driveway to park on. if we had a single lane, i'd just eat the nightly ticket for street parking instead of having her play demolition derby with my car every morning.

and before you ask, yes, we have a garage. it's currently full of household items as we transition out of this house to another so no one is parking in it.
that is beyond ######ed.  she better love sex,. all kinds of sex.  whenever you want it, however you want it.  and she better make a mean sammich too.

eoMMan said:
Having a tightwad wife would be considered a great thing by most husbands.
I'm lucky. It is a great thing especially when I hear horror stories about wives racking up 50k in credit card bills behind the husband's back.

OrtonToOlsen said:
People think I'm crazy but we've had ATT for like 15 years and customer service has always been very good.
Same.  I complained about bad coverage where I live and they gave me a $200 credit to buy a microcell which works great.  

I was originally supposed to have off today and Monday. End up having to work both. And probably will be lucky you be home by 9 tonight. Contractor promised me he'd be done no later than 1pm so I could start my testing (takes 2 hours for testing). I'll be lucky if he's done by 5 or 6pm. Good times

Contractors suck.

I was originally supposed to have off today and Monday. End up having to work both. And probably will be lucky you be home by 9 tonight. Contractor promised me he'd be done no later than 1pm so I could start my testing (takes 2 hours for testing). I'll be lucky if he's done by 5 or 6pm. Good times

Contractors suck.
are you in the air-monitoring side of things or the remediation side? eta: or the inspection side

Last edited by a moderator:
office is closing for the weekend in 15 minutes (the wife I'm sure is pissed because my office hates it's employees by letting us out early). because of Henry's robot, I've done bupkis today. might just spin the inspirobot for 15 minutes straight and call it a week
If it makes you feel any better, I'm pissed too.

are you in the air-monitoring side of things or the remediation side? eta: or the inspection side
I do inspections and air monitoring primarily. Little bit of project design and project management as well. 

I enjoy the variability of being at different sites all the time and working with all sorts of potentially hazardous environments, but man, the inconsistent schedule and dealing with contractors is the worst.

I do inspections and air monitoring primarily. Little bit of project design and project management as well. 

I enjoy the variability of being at different sites all the time and working with all sorts of potentially hazardous environments, but man, the inconsistent schedule and dealing with contractors is the worst.
even in my professional lifetime the industry has completely changed. when I started, it was the wild west... just pay off the guy to give you the ACP 5 or haul it out on the DL. total racket, and guys were scooping up that stuff like it was cotton candy. now- at least apparently- much more strict... no conflict of interest with inspection overlapping remediation overlapping air-monitoring. the inspection and air-monitoring game seems to be the best options... cruise around and just scrape some spots. or sit on a job-site next to a machine and take notes. the guys in the haz-mat suits pulling htat stuff out otoh... no gracias.

hope you finish up early tonight... sorry your week was blown. my wife probably would be overjoyed.

even in my professional lifetime the industry has completely changed. when I started, it was the wild west... just pay off the guy to give you the ACP 5 or haul it out on the DL. total racket, and guys were scooping up that stuff like it was cotton candy. now- at least apparently- much more strict... no conflict of interest with inspection overlapping remediation overlapping air-monitoring. the inspection and air-monitoring game seems to be the best options... cruise around and just scrape some spots. or sit on a job-site next to a machine and take notes. the guys in the haz-mat suits pulling htat stuff out otoh... no gracias.

hope you finish up early tonight... sorry your week was blown. my wife probably would be overjoyed.
Yeah, no way you'd ever see me on the remediation side. Those guys break their backs and their exposure risk is fairly high.

I prefer inspections over air monitoring by far, but the profits are definitely on the monitoring side unfortunately. 

I really shouldn't complain. My "work" today has mostly consisted of sitting in the air conditioned work truck keeping notes, inspecting the work areas occasionally, telling them what they've missed or what work practices aren't good enough, and then reading/playing on the internet.

BUT, I can't finish my job and go home until they're done with theirs. 

Other jurisdictions though, you gotta bust your butt as an air monitor and have a ton of liability if the smallest thing isn't right. Decontamination chamber 3'10" instead of 4'? That's a fine. Plastic on the wall overlap by 17" instead of 18"? That's a fine. Contractor use the wrong sized don't on their warning sign? That's a fine. Good times.

Contractors suck.
So do many inspectors. I'm not saying that to dis you, but I deal with idiot, no-common-sense inspectors every day.  Sounds like you're more in the abatement side of things; I install drilled shafts and we are now getting bad air readings in a shaft that is 300% deeper than plan because the inspection firm (& the GC) are afraid of the owner. Air was fine at what should carry nothing more than a sewer pipe, but the test missed by an inch (on a 3x factor of safety design). I ain't too far from going to jail right now.

Users who are viewing this thread