What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (11 Viewers)

activate loan chat?

car payment is down in range to where i'm considering paying it off just so it's over and done. would tap about 15% of my available cash. interest portion of the monthly payment is inconsequential.

pay it off?

ride it out & continue making the monthly payments?
Pay it off and put that monthly payment into savings.  Pretty easy answer.

Guys, I'm not sure when this evolution started, but I have become a huge rice fan. Mexican rice, Spanish rice, Basmati rice, all of them. In general, I think I just like the cuisine that takes rice in as a partner and respects it. Just had some chicken tikka masala, for example, and the chicken and the sauce that came with it weren't saying, "Oh, it's rice. Sure, you can stay. Just be a side dish and stay in your lane." Nope, they were like "RICE! What's up, buddy? Get over here and swim around in this vat of awesome! Don't be a stranger! Get all up in our business!" 

Guys, I'm not sure when this evolution started, but I have become a huge rice fan. Mexican rice, Spanish rice, Basmati rice, all of them. In general, I think I just like the cuisine that takes rice in as a partner and respects it. Just had some chicken tikka masala, for example, and the chicken and the sauce that came with it weren't saying, "Oh, it's rice. Sure, you can stay. Just be a side dish and stay in your lane." Nope, they were like "RICE! What's up, buddy? Get over here and swim around in this vat of awesome! Don't be a stranger! Get all up in our business!" 
You ever bake that rice with some chicken stock?  Game changer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love rice and have at least 3 or 4 kinds of rice in my kitchen at any given time and frequently use my rice cooker.

Rice cooking tip - if you want sticky rice similar to what you find in Chinese and Japanese restaurants, use about 1 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar for every cup of rice.  Put it in the water you use to cook the rice.  Best to use short grain rice for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love to cook and have created a lot of my own recipes.  I even considered becoming a professional chef.  All of this talk about rice has made me in the mood to make one of my favorite recipes tonight for dinner - my saffron and garlic cream sauce, which goes great with rice (and chicken or fish).  I am going to make pan fried swordfish with rice topped with my saffron and garlic cream sauce.  The measurements are informal and saffron is optional.  Makes a great garlic cream sauce without the saffron too.  Here is the recipe, for those interested:

Saffron and Garlic Cream Sauce

Saffron is optional.  This is mainly garlic cream sauce with saffron sometimes added in.  You can also leave out the cream and it’s a good white wine and garlic sauce.

Ingredients:

• 2 tablespoons of butter
  • 3 or 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • A pinch of saffron (optional)
  • Tablespoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary
  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • 2 cups heavy cream (sometimes I use less, more like 1 cup.  Depends how creamy you want it)
  • 2 tablespoons of flour (optional – thickens the sauce but not necessary)
  • 1 or 2 bay leaves
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
I never measure so these amounts are approximations.  You can make it to taste.

Directions:

• In a saucepan, heat the butter, just until it melts - don't "break" the butter.  Add the garlic and rosemary and cook over moderate heat until garlic is turning brown, about 1 minute.
  • Add in flour and mix thoroughly and cook for another minute.  Should be kind of thick but you shouldn’t see any flour alone.  This is basically making a roux.  It should be mixed in with the melted butter.  This makes the sauce thicker.  Cook for about 1 minute.
  • Add the wine and bay leaves and crumble in the saffron.  Simmer over moderate heat until the wine has reduced by about half.  Simmer for about 5-10 minutes.  I tend to simmer for the longer end of the range because I prefer to wine to reduce a good amount.
  • Add the chicken stock and boil over medium high heat until reduced a good amount.  Boil for about 15 minutes.
  • Add the cream and simmer over low heat until reduced a little and is thickening, about 5-10 minutes.   Make sure you turn the heat down from where you had it when you put in the chicken stock.  It is important to keep the heat low and mix occasionally when you put in the cream otherwise you can “break” the cream and it becomes oily instead of creamy.
  • Take the bay leaves out and season with salt and pepper to taste.  You can add a teaspoon or so of lemon juice if you want too.  I rarely ever add the lemon juice or any extra salt or pepper, though.
This sauce goes with a lot of different things.  I usually put it over grilled chicken or fish along with pasta or rice.  It’s basically my garlic cream sauce with saffron added in.  Saffron is very expensive so if you don’t have any but still want to make this as a garlic cream sauce, it’s still great so you can leave out the saffron.  You can make this as a pan sauce if you want, but I would dump out any butter or oil you used to cook the chicken or fish before adding the fresh butter and starting the sauce.

She's cute. Most definitely scorned.  Probably looking to wreck as much D for the next 6 months to get the stank of her ex off her.  Probably experimental. May or may not stab you on a beach in booga booga Carribbean. Seems right up your alley. 
1.  There is a reason someone decided at the last minute not to marry this chick.

2.  She was getting married at a ridiculously expensive venue and handmade Eifell Tower centerpieces.

I guarantee she's an entitled, impossible to please high maintenance ball buster who spends beyond her means and wants to be treated like a princess.  

I like the ones with low self esteem that want to be treated like crap.

You're suggestion is good but you are suggesting parking money in cash, which pays you nothing.  Need to make that money sweat, brah.
that's the other part of this. my money is in an account that pays 2%. not otis money but i have access to cash when i need to buy a new ####ing a/c :hot:

1.  There is a reason someone decided at the last minute not to marry this chick.

2.  She was getting married at a ridiculously expensive venue and handmade Eifell Tower centerpieces.

I guarantee she's an entitled, impossible to please high maintenance ball buster who spends beyond her means and wants to be treated like a princess.  

I like the ones with low self esteem that want to be treated like crap.
I get all that. But guaranteed butt stuff and probably gone to the next dude (maybe chick) in a week

Users who are viewing this thread