What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (10 Viewers)

How long you here?  Where you staying?
Downtown Hilton.  Leaving tomorrow afternoon.  Here for Mrs. O's conference and some non-working time for me. Going to Indians game tonight.

ETA:  Trying to stop sweating after my walk to and from Slyman's which was  :moneybag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Downtown Hilton.  Leaving tomorrow afternoon.  Here for Mrs. O's conference and some non-working time for me. Going to Indians game tonight.

ETA:  Trying to stop sweating after my walk to and from Slyman's which was  :moneybag:

Mmmmmm Slymans.  Hit up Mabel's on E 4th if you want BBQ.

Great pitching matchup tonight.

Mmmmmm Slymans.  Hit up Mabel's on E 4th if you want BBQ.

Great pitching matchup tonight.
Mabel's is slated for lunch tomorrow.  Club seats tonight for me.  Hoping they smash the #### out of the Yankmees, but most likely a 1-0 or 2-1 kind of game.  Fine with me as long as the home team wins.

I'd tell you to not get your hopes up about Progressive Field, but with you being from Tampa and all........
Was at US Cellular Field last Summer and it was meh.  Rogers Center (still the Skydome to the locals) is by far one of the dumpiest stadiums I've been in next to the Trop of course  ;)  

We are going to TRY to get over to Astoria today and try the brew pub of one of my very favorite newish brewers to the Oregon craft beer world - a spot called Buoy Beer.  There they have a glass floor that looks down into the water where things like otters and penguins and whatever sealife is out there congregate.  I say "TRY" because we're a family of 13 (THIRTEEN) trying to get a table at the hippest new brew pub on the coast at a time where just about anybody with any upward mobility has fled the valley to escape the heat and smoke.  

The twins have developed a fun new trick where they like to disrobe completely in unison like some sort of bizarre synchronized stripping routine and as an added perk, if they discover any surprises in their diapers, will fling and smear said surprises like some sort of savage lemurs.  I can only hope that the wait time is long so the whales that polar bears underneath the glass floor are entertained by the animals above them as I think it's only fair that they get to amuse themselves by looking at us looking at them.  Perhaps the Malaise boys can really give them a day to remember.  

Seems an appropriate place to put this....

* Do twins ever realize that one of them is unplanned?

from the butcher boy 'thinking' thread

Was at US Cellular Field last Summer and it was meh.  Rogers Center (still the Skydome to the locals) is by far one of the dumpiest stadiums I've been in next to the Trop of course  ;)  
Went to the Kingdome once and concluded that that place was the absolute worst baseball venues in human history.  Egad....

Went to the Kingdome once and concluded that that place was the absolute worst baseball venues in human history.  Egad....
It was also a pretty sub-par football stadium. It was just bad period.

It resembled a giant concrete urinal puck from the outside, and on the inside it had all of the charm of a fallout shelter.

ETA: It was also the worst basketball venue of all time.

The cumulative salary of everyone on my floor is probably in the millions, but the company just cut the $100 a month or whatever to have someone clean the damn kitchen. I don't understand how this makes any sense.

The cumulative salary of everyone on my floor is probably in the millions, but the company just cut the $100 a month or whatever to have someone clean the damn kitchen. I don't understand how this makes any sense.
Are you ever in a giant pointless meeting and spend your time calculating how much each person makes per hour - then add it up to figure out how much money the company is wasting.

I almost got catfished.  On bumble, start talking to this chick. Cute, lives about 10 miles away, also an attorney.  Set up a happy hour date, then the next morning her profile is deleted.  Checked her out on Facebook and we have some mutual friends so I added her.  Messenger her about her deleting her bumble account and it turns out someone else set up the profile using her pics and info and she knew nothing about it, but apparently someone else saw it and told her and she had them delete the account.

Talked to her for a while and end up getting a date with her next week. 

I almost got catfished.  On bumble, start talking to this chick. Cute, lives about 10 miles away, also an attorney.  Set up a happy hour date, then the next morning her profile is deleted.  Checked her out on Facebook and we have some mutual friends so I added her.  Messenger her about her deleting her bumble account and it turns out someone else set up the profile using her pics and info and she knew nothing about it, but apparently someone else saw it and told her and she had them delete the account.

Talked to her for a while and end up getting a date with her next week. 
Ah - the long con

Is there a site where I can get an accurate FICO score without a hard inquiry?  Chase, Discover and B of A all claim that they'll give you an accurate score.  Credit karma also claims to have Transunion and Equifax scores.  Problem is that none are the same and the range is 120+ points.   

I'm looking at buying a house and want a fairly accurate number before I pay to have the mortgage people do a hard inquiry.

Is there a site where I can get an accurate FICO score without a hard inquiry?  Chase, Discover and B of A all claim that they'll give you an accurate score.  Credit karma also claims to have Transunion and Equifax scores.  Problem is that none are the same and the range is 120+ points.   

I'm looking at buying a house and want a fairly accurate number before I pay to have the mortgage people do a hard inquiry.
I don't think so, just get a pre qual/acceptance letter and be done with it.  you're going to need it any way.  

orrrrrrrrr...just have krista vouch for you.

I don't think so, just get a pre qual/acceptance letter and be done with it.  you're going to need it any way.  

orrrrrrrrr...just have krista vouch for finance you.
Figure by now she has to have made billions in the underground naan market.

A feel-good story/helluva customer service experience:

I took my mom to dinner and a play last week, and at the restaurant she lost her wallet somehow but didn't realize it until hours later.  She called the restaurant and left messages three times to see if they'd found the wallet, with no response.  

I then tracked down their head of marketing/public relations on Facebook, and he was super-helpful and found that in fact they did have it.  Today she went to pick it up...she had had a lot of cash in the wallet, which we fully expected to be gone, but every dollar of it was there.  She wanted to give a reward to the person who turned it in, but they wouldn't let her.

She and my stepfather had lunch at the restaurant due to a lack of imagination on her part, and at the end they also comped the whole meal and wine to make up for not having responded to her initial messages about it.

Feel like I should buy someone there a house.

Dumb tax question....

My wife has one of those pyramid scheme MLM businesses. We file our taxes as married, but separately. If we buy a laptop for the business, does it matter if the receipt has my name and not hers for the deduction?

30 seconds of googling didn't really give me an answer. You people seem smart so here I am. TIA

On Sunday morning, ESPN is running a feature on Darko Milicic and his return to the relative quiet of his Serbian farm. Which, no doubt, krista will lease by Tuesday. 

the rover said:

If you have AmEx or Discover, they offer it for free.

General Malaise said:
We are going to TRY to get over to Astoria today and try the brew pub of one of my very favorite newish brewers to the Oregon craft beer world - a spot called Buoy Beer.  There they have a glass floor that looks down into the water where things like otters and penguins and whatever sealife is out there congregate.  I say "TRY" because we're a family of 13 (THIRTEEN) trying to get a table at the hippest new brew pub on the coast at a time where just about anybody with any upward mobility has fled the valley to escape the heat and smoke.  

If you cant get into Buoy Beer I enjoyed my stay at the Rogue Brew Pub a few weeks ago.  No doubt my enjoyment level was heightened by the lack of poop flinging devil spawn.  

strykerpks said:
Dumb tax question....

My wife has one of those pyramid scheme MLM businesses. We file our taxes as married, but separately. If we buy a laptop for the business, does it matter if the receipt has my name and not hers for the deduction?

30 seconds of googling didn't really give me an answer. You people seem smart so here I am. TIA
I wouldn't sweat it. It will only come into play if you get audited. Show as her buying it for the business (assuming that's what it is for) and you'll be ok.

I wouldn't sweat it. It will only come into play if you get audited. Show as her buying it for the business (assuming that's what it is for) and you'll be ok.
Cool, thanks. That's pretty much where I was leaning. She's kinda weird about these things and leaves all things tech related up to me so it couldn't hurt to ask.

Usually my local news channel's facebook page only really blows up when it posts about taking down Confederate statues, but the news that a 31 year old (female) teacher had sex with a 15 year old (male) boy has gotten them rolling this afternoon. I don't know how to link to the exact feed, but scroll down their main page a bit for the story. The comments are priceless.

We have two Rick(y)s saying it can't be a problem if there's consent and slobbering about the teachers they wish they could've had (there's about 40 different people agreeing with them). One Donald Brown - who has to be trolling, though I could be wrong given where I live - talking about how he adjusts his denim overalls when it's hot outside (I don't know what it has to do with the topic either). Someone with a confederate flag avatar bemoaning how sick the world is. And some dude saying it's because teen girls wear their shorts too short (??).

So lots of pissed off folks at the gate right now waiting for flight to Atlanta.  Flight is way delayed and a bunch of folks would miss connecting flight to Tampa.  Next flight available?  Sometime Sunday.  Hell no!  Looks like there are enough folks in the same boat as me so they're actually holding the flight for us and another to Orlando.  Others heading to Houston and San Antonio did not get so lucky.  :pours40onthecurb: 

Users who are viewing this thread