What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (10 Viewers)

Right, but all the other schmoes were. I was at a Wal-Mart late last night, before it hit. Bottled water gone.
Not my point at all.  Don't you guys have potable water down there you can drink with a cup?  Why bottled water for a party?  If beer flowed from your faucet would you buy more of it in plastic bottles?  I'll live the rest of my life never understanding this nations fascination with bottled water.  Asinine.  This isn't the DRC.

Not my point at all.  Don't you guys have potable water down there you can drink with a cup?  Why bottled water for a party?  If beer flowed from your faucet would you buy more of it in plastic bottles?  I'll live the rest of my life never understanding this nations fascination with bottled water.  Asinine.  This isn't the DRC.
My wife makes me buy Smart Water.  It's pretty much the only thing I will cave on. I feel like a total moron buying it.

My wife makes me buy Smart Water.  It's pretty much the only thing I will cave on. I feel like a total moron buying it.
Paying beer prices for water never seemed very smart to me.

But my wife told me the other morning the dogs were acting aggitated and weird and wondered if it had to do with the partial eclipse coming ina few hours. I told her it was probably the new neighbors moving in next door. 

I guess she needs smart water too

Last edited by a moderator:
The Water here tastes like we stole it from 1000's of miles away. :mellow:    and it's been piped said 1000's of miles, through 100+ year old, rat infested, human infested, DOW chemical runoff, lead poisoned, Indian cursed, NorCal cursed, pipes before it reaches me.  Crap tastes like metallic, chemical pain.  I'll buy the filtered stuff. At least it isn't cursed. 

Heh... Smart water.
Not really.  My dumb, skin flint ###, schleps 5 gallon jugs to the machines that dispense filtered water.  I'm ok getting f'd because I'm buying filtered water...but I'm not gonna just lay down and take it in the ###.  Some water delivery companies are approaching cable tv theft levels around here. 

It rains solid diamonds on uranus.

Actually true and actually truthfully going to be my go-to pick up line should I ever end up single again. Or my epitaph. Whichever comes first.

So, this is new(to me, anyway)...

Going through application process on a few rentals.  Being asked to provide my own credit report(s)/scores.  Ummm....don't realtors/property managers usually just subscribe to some kind of registry for this junk?  In my experience, it's what the application fee pays for(so they can go hit whatever it is they hit to get info from Equifax, TransUnion or Experian).   Am I on glue as to how that works?

Making me feel a little antsy about this particular landlord, but I suppose I could be outside the loop for "how they do things" in California.  I know this wasn't something we were asked to do on our own when we rented a house in Nevada.

Going through application process on a few rentals.  Being asked to provide my own credit report(s)/scores.  Ummm....don't realtors/property managers usually just subscribe to some kind of registry for this junk?  In my experience, it's what the application fee pays for(so they can go hit whatever it is they hit to get info from Equifax, TransUnion or Experian).   Am I on glue as to how that works?

Making me feel a little antsy about this particular landlord, but I suppose I could be outside the loop for "how they do things" in California.  I know this wasn't something we were asked to do on our own when we rented a house in Nevada.
They'll check, they just want to see how big a liar you are.

They'll check, they just want to see how big a liar you are.
They're about to see how little I care for being jerked around.  Just run my damn credit already.

I mean, I don't even know where you'd get a "legit" score anyway.  I'm assuming all the InsertCreditScamNameHere.com sites are just that (or  "for educational purposes only"), and I know if you use the government-controlled option(where you are entitled to a credit report from the big 3 agencies once a year) you get just the report, no FICO scores provided.

They're about to see how little I care for being jerked around.  Just run my damn credit already.

I mean, I don't even know where you'd get a "legit" score anyway.  I'm assuming all the InsertCreditScamNameHere.com sites are just that (or  "for educational purposes only"), and I know if you use the government-controlled option(where you are entitled to a credit report from the big 3 agencies once a year) you get just the report, no FICO scores provided.
creditkarma is your friend

You could buy me a house in Vegas.
That's a commute. So I don't follow this thread daily and have no clue why Krista steals people's real estate, but apparently it's a thing for rich old ladies. My bro has been in poor health mentally and physically for a little while. A big part is that he's old (65) and never really succeeded financially. His kids are grown and don't need him (they ignore him because he's a little crazy). He feels done. He hates renting a $900 place in Las Vegas but it's what he can afford (the hood really). Quit/lost his job - slow soul and self esteem crushing embarrassment drove him into a scary depression. He was spiraling.

So his SS kicked in and we hatched this plan. I buy something we'd love to live in and stay there the legal minimum to unCalifornia my taxes. He's happy to pay 1200 so I'm happy to mortgage a bigger number. We're looking at 4k sq ft, 5 beds at least 5 baths, a pool, nice neighborhoods. For years family has frequently visited and stayed in hotels. Now we're getting a mini resort for them and bro gets some life in his life. What's 3 million in nicer SoCal is 1/2 million in nice enough LV. Other wants filter the inventory down to 9 homes I wanted to see (today).

Sista4 hears this story over the phone with bro last week. Flies in yesterday. Goes over the list. Sees a dozen that check all the boxes except they're beyond my budget. Falls in love with one. Kidnaps my realtor, goes for viewing, makes 850k offer. Accepted. Tells me I can still live there half the year. She doesn't get it. With the built in rent I really liked the investment. I don't want her permission, yadablabla. I probably felt more pissed than I should have, but I just... left... and ignored my phone for the three hour drive. I'm going condo shopping in Maui. #### it.

That's a commute. So I don't follow this thread daily and have no clue why Krista steals people's real estate, but apparently it's a thing for rich old ladies. My bro has been in poor health mentally and physically for a little while. A big part is that he's old (65) and never really succeeded financially. His kids are grown and don't need him (they ignore him because he's a little crazy). He feels done. He hates renting a $900 place in Las Vegas but it's what he can afford (the hood really). Quit/lost his job - slow soul and self esteem crushing embarrassment drove him into a scary depression. He was spiraling.

So his SS kicked in and we hatched this plan. I buy something we'd love to live in and stay there the legal minimum to unCalifornia my taxes. He's happy to pay 1200 so I'm happy to mortgage a bigger number. We're looking at 4k sq ft, 5 beds at least 5 baths, a pool, nice neighborhoods. For years family has frequently visited and stayed in hotels. Now we're getting a mini resort for them and bro gets some life in his life. What's 3 million in nicer SoCal is 1/2 million in nice enough LV. Other wants filter the inventory down to 9 homes I wanted to see (today).

Sista4 hears this story over the phone with bro last week. Flies in yesterday. Goes over the list. Sees a dozen that check all the boxes except they're beyond my budget. Falls in love with one. Kidnaps my realtor, goes for viewing, makes 850k offer. Accepted. Tells me I can still live there half the year. She doesn't get it. With the built in rent I really liked the investment. I don't want her permission, yadablabla. I probably felt more pissed than I should have, but I just... left... and ignored my phone for the three hour drive. I'm going condo shopping in Maui. #### it.
You'll love their deserts

A nephew thinks I should be shopping in Austin/Hill Country.
I love it here. And you'd be welcome to come visit and see what you think, we've lots of room.. WHat I like least is the heat, but that doesn't seem to bother you. 

No state income tax, but property taxes are huge.

I love it here. And you'd be welcome to come visit and see what you think, we've lots of room.. WHat I like least is the heat, but that doesn't seem to bother you. 

No state income tax, but property taxes are huge.
He lived their for a decade and the company shipped him to Salt Lake City. He's been desperate to get back ever since. I'm going to focus on selling the house and honestly I have no plan. Today, I've looked at Hawaii, Mexico (potential), Italy, Australia and Vanuatu.

He lived their for a decade and the company shipped him to Salt Lake City. He's been desperate to get back ever since. I'm going to focus on selling the house and honestly I have no plan. Today, I've looked at Hawaii, Mexico (potential), Italy, Australia and Vanuatu.
I have never been, and I'm sure there are places there that are just as miserable as places here, but I have known three Aussie's in my lifetime......and each of them were some of the happiest, mother@#%@$#ers I've ever met.  Have more than once had the daydream of chucking it all and moving to, like, Perth or something and getting back into surfing.

Pretty sure my original suggest was to travel a  year and see where you want to end up.DO Hawaii now and if you don't buy, Oct/Nov is a great time to check out Austin.
And you should most definitely hook up with Brong if you are considering Hawaii.

And you should most definitely hook up with Brong if you are considering Hawaii.
Well we (ladyfriend) just booked five nights in Kapalua for late September. Funny she gave me quizzical looks over Las Vegas but is just glowing over Maui. Is Brong on Maui. Da Raiders has a place there or used to.

It's 102 at 7pm and I'm heading out for my head clearing 5 mile daily desert trek. Only idiots likes the desert. 102 at 7pm. I'm going to play crashing waves through the ear buds and dream of mai tais and hula dancers.

they give you all three agencies' FICO scores. Real time. For free.

They do pimp some credit cards and stuff, but nothing onerous.
They give you 2 of the 3 scores.  They use to be pretty accurate, but about 4 months ago something changed and they can be off 40-50 points now.

As far as them asking you for your score now, it's just part of the screening process to see if they should even take the time to run your score. Even if I get money for an app, I don't want to run it if it's a bad score I'm not going to approve. 

boots on the ground!!!  

my wife pretty much hates me right now.  just had our ff draft..####, she's probably right

eta:  i'm extra drunk right noe smh probably any help you anymore.

They give you 2 of the 3 scores.  They use to be pretty accurate, but about 4 months ago something changed and they can be off 40-50 points now.

As far as them asking you for your score now, it's just part of the screening process to see if they should even take the time to run your score. Even if I get money for an app, I don't want to run it if it's a bad score I'm not going to approve. 
That makes sense, I guess.

I went ahead and gave them a shot earlier, and yeah, they only provided 2 of the 3 scores (assuming because Experian is hitched to another website.)

It's 102 at 7pm and I'm heading out for my head clearing 5 mile daily desert trek. Only idiots likes the desert. 102 at 7pm. I'm going to play crashing waves through the ear buds and dream of mai tais and hula dancers.
Maybe you should just die and go to hell. 

mo offense, I just mean you would find it to your liking

@Ignoramus

How you doing bro? Need to come up to Austin?
Really appreciate the offer, but I'm just fine, GB. Water has risen in our street several times when it's really coming down but has not encroached upon the house. I lost a car in the Tax Day Flood here two years ago so have all the vehicles parked on higher ground. Well-stocked on beers, booze, wine and waters. Kiddo had been running a fever but he's feeling better. Family here is all dry.

Two of the ladies that work with me were flooded. Another said her neighbor's rain gauge read that they had received 30". As I'm sure you've seen from the news, the city is a ####### disaster and it's only getting worse. Talk of people having water in their homes for months. Months.

We are very fortunate. 

Really appreciate the offer, but I'm just fine, GB. Water has risen in our street several times when it's really coming down but has not encroached upon the house. I lost a car in the Tax Day Flood here two years ago so have all the vehicles parked on higher ground. Well-stocked on beers, booze, wine and waters. Kiddo had been running a fever but he's feeling better. Family here is all dry.

Two of the ladies that work with me were flooded. Another said her neighbor's rain gauge read that they had received 30". As I'm sure you've seen from the news, the city is a ####### disaster and it's only getting worse. Talk of people having water in their homes for months. Months.

We are very fortunate. 
Can't imagine.  Glad you guys are safe.  So scary.

found a house I want to put an offer on.   it's been on the market for 2 days, has multiple offers pending, and they are going to review offers on the 30th.   I'm going to make an offer about $20K over the asking price and see what happens.   

Users who are viewing this thread