What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (19 Viewers)

found a house I want to put an offer on.   it's been on the market for 2 days, has multiple offers pending, and they are going to review offers on the 30th.   I'm going to make an offer about $20K over the asking price and see what happens.   
Shouldn't post stuff like that here.  You know what comes next....

"I'd like to make an offer on this house of $20,001 over asking."

- K4

DA RAIDERS said:
just woke up/came to on the living room floor.  i have no memory of posting this. :pickle:  
I'm still not exactly sure what you were trying to convey.  And it's still awesome.

"Boots on the ground!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Me either. :bag:   

regardless of however you interpreted my post, I'm still here to help if I can with boots on the ground and all. 

Stupid housing market.   Put an offer $40,000 over the asking price on a house.  There are now 8 offers, 3 cash.  Seller's agent says they are only going to consider the cash offers, even though they're lower.   

Stupid housing market.   Put an offer $40,000 over the asking price on a house.  There are now 8 offers, 3 cash.  Seller's agent says they are only going to consider the cash offers, even though they're lower.   
cripes. 

if I'm forced to move, we're ####ed.

but again... back to Fish.

any other houses that are appealing? or is the market just nutty, and you'll have to come in with sparklers and confetti with whatever offer you make?

are you in a current must-buy-now situation, or can you hold tight for a bit?

pewpewpew
COULD YOU IMAGINE IF OUR FINGERS REALLY COULD SHOOT LASERS?!?!?  AND THEN AARON RODGERS WOULD SWOOP IN DRESSED LIKE CHEESEHEAD SUPERMAN AND SCOOP ME UP TO FLY PAST THE MEAT PACKING PLANT DOWNTOWN AND I'D THINK TO MYSELF "CAN YOU READ MY MIND!?!" AND HE'D LOOK AT ME AND SMILE AND DO THE DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK THING AND THEN WE'D BE MARRIED!!!! I MEAN, COULD YOU JUST IMAGINE!?!?!?! **does 3 wildcats, a headspin, and the world's worst guffawing moonwalk before hopping backwards out of office firing double fingers guns at your face**

but again... back to Fish.

any other houses that are appealing? or is the market just nutty, and you'll have to come in with sparklers and confetti with whatever offer you make?

are you in a current must-buy-now situation, or can you hold tight for a bit?
Up until yesterday, I thought I wasn't in a rush. Now I've learned that the house I'm renting may be going on the market (I have no interest in buying it).

I'm driven primarily by location.  My daughter is heading into 8th grade; we need to move before she starts high school to get her into the right district (she goes to private school now so the location hasn't mattered).   

This house had everything I'm looking for.   I've been looking for about 2 months and it was the first one that checked all the boxes for what I want.   There's another one that is great location-wise, but I absolutely hate the floor plan and it's overpriced for what it is.   It's been on the market for a while probably for this exact reason.

A friend was recently helping her parents buy a house in this area.  They got outbid on four houses in a row, then found one about an hour away that worked.  I can't do that.   

With different sellers, I may have been in an ok position.   I'm pretty confident I'm the high bid, and I don't have any contingencies other than inspection and appraisal.    They just like the cash offers, quick close and no contingencies more than making an extra $10,000 or whatever.   Not everyone thinks like that.

COULD YOU IMAGINE IF OUR FINGERS REALLY COULD SHOOT LASERS?!?!?  AND THEN AARON RODGERS WOULD SWOOP IN DRESSED LIKE SUPERMAN AND SCOOP ME UP TO FLY PAST THE MEAT PACKING PLANT DOWNTOWN AND I'D THINK TO MYSELF "CAN YOU READ MY MIND!?!" AND HE'D LOOK AT ME AND SMILE AND DO THE DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK THING AND THEN WE'D BE MARRIED!!!! I MEAN, COULD YOU JUST IMAGINE!?!?!?! **does 3 wildcats, a headspin, and the world's worst moonwalk before hopping backwards out of office firing double fingers guns at your face**
*twitchesinvoluntarily*

Up until yesterday, I thought I wasn't in a rush. Now I've learned that the house I'm renting may be going on the market (I have no interest in buying it).

I'm driven primarily by location.  My daughter is heading into 8th grade; we need to move before she starts high school to get her into the right district (she goes to private school now so the location hasn't mattered).   

This house had everything I'm looking for.   I've been looking for about 2 months and it was the first one that checked all the boxes for what I want.   There's another one that is great location-wise, but I absolutely hate the floor plan and it's overpriced for what it is.   It's been on the market for a while probably for this exact reason.

A friend was recently helping her parents by a house in this area.  They got outbid on four houses in a row, then found one about an hour away that worked.  I can't do that.   

With different sellers, I may have been in an ok position.   I'm pretty confident I'm the high bid, and I don't have any contingencies other than inspection and appraisal.    They just like the cash offers, quick close and no contingencies more than making an extra $10,000 or whatever.   Not everyone thinks like that.
Cash offer means no appraisal needed and faster closing.  Maybe don't make appraisal a contingency....

Cash offer means no appraisal needed and faster closing.  Maybe don't make appraisal a contingency....
I need to finance it.   No lender will waive the appraisal, and if it doesn't appraise, it won't underwrite.

Made the best offer I could given that I need to get a loan.  High down, 30 day close, preapproved and well over the asking price.   Just not good enough when you have multiple people waving cash at the seller.

COULD YOU IMAGINE IF OUR FINGERS REALLY COULD SHOOT LASERS?!?!?  AND THEN AARON RODGERS WOULD SWOOP IN DRESSED LIKE CHEESEHEAD SUPERMAN AND SCOOP ME UP TO FLY PAST THE MEAT PACKING PLANT DOWNTOWN AND I'D THINK TO MYSELF "CAN YOU READ MY MIND!?!" AND HE'D LOOK AT ME AND SMILE AND DO THE DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK THING AND THEN WE'D BE MARRIED!!!! I MEAN, COULD YOU JUST IMAGINE!?!?!?! **does 3 wildcats, a headspin, and the world's worst guffawing moonwalk before hopping backwards out of office firing double fingers guns at your face**
:lmao:  

Will it even appraise at the higher value you bid?
this is why they want to take one of the cash offers and not have to worry about a possible appraisal issue.   What I meant to say earlier was that you could write your offer saying that you will make up any difference.

Yeah looking at this and the escalation clause right now.   
We used an escalation clause when we finally were the winning bidder on our first Seattle house.  We got outbid several times before that despite being all-cash.  When you said multiple bidders, I figured you wouldn't get it due to the financing (which you had mentioned here).  The market is so insane that it's almost required to be all-cash or at least to look like all-cash by waiving the appraisal, as you mentioned.  

We used an escalation clause when we finally were the winning bidder on our first Seattle house.  We got outbid several times before that despite being all-cash.  When you said multiple bidders, I figured you wouldn't get it due to the financing (which you had mentioned here).  The market is so insane that it's almost required to be all-cash or at least to look like all-cash by waiving the appraisal, as you mentioned.  
The escalation clause is why I believe I'm the highest bidder.   We let them know we'll make up the difference if it doesn't appraise for the highest number.  The agent still said they will probably go with cash.

Who the heck are all these people paying cash for houses in that area!? 

I had heard that the Chinese were starting to invest heavily in the NW, is that what's going on? 

Seems totally crazy to me.

Who the heck are all these people paying cash for houses in that area!? 

I had heard that the Chinese were starting to invest heavily in the NW, is that what's going on? 

Seems totally crazy to me.
No clue here.   The asian investment is primarily Seattle/Bellevue.

Gig Harbor is just a bunch of rich people.   

Users who are viewing this thread