What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (20 Viewers)

Bob Sacamano said:
We went several places with really good food, and I had no real complaints about the service.  They're definitely on island time, but nothing awful. 

We had fun.  It was a cheap trip for us, so it was completely worth it.  For a full price trip there, I'd probably try lots of places I've never been before I'd go back.  We're headed to USVI later this year.  Curious to see how it compares.
let me know if you want any tips on st john.  my sister has lived there for years.  i used to go all the time.  there was a thread, that seems to have been purged.  

Bob Sacamano said:
We went several places with really good food, and I had no real complaints about the service.  They're definitely on island time, but nothing awful. 

We had fun.  It was a cheap trip for us, so it was completely worth it.  For a full price trip there, I'd probably try lots of places I've never been before I'd go back.  We're headed to USVI later this year.  Curious to see how it compares.
We've been to a bunch of places up and down the Caribbean. Anguilla is our favorite... got married there and used to go at least once a year. We had it dialed into a relatively cheap vacation, but airfare has gone way up as has child count.

Usvi... Big fan of jost van dyke.

OrtonToOlsen said:
What's red and smells like blue paint?

red paint

OrtonToOlsen said:
What's clear and smells like blue paint?

chloroform.....shhhhhhhhhhhhh
I'm really impressed with your knowledge of paint, Orto!

If you ever decide to leave teaching, I would hire you as a lead man, in a heartbeat.

However, huffing on the job is only allowed if you can prove that you can handle it...

...we are pros, ya know.

Does anyone have ideas for how a tree could encounter an unfortunate "accident"?  I'm a tree hugger and all, but I have a nemesis tree that needs to die.  

Does anyone have ideas for how a tree could encounter an unfortunate "accident"?  I'm a tree hugger and all, but I have a nemesis tree that needs to die.  
Buy the house/property that it is on...and then do as you please! :D

Seriously, I have heard that a copper nail (or a couple) driven into the trunk works. (Do some google research).

But, if you check out my Sentient Plants thread...you will realize that you should prolly anesthetize it first...and then say a few words of respect...even if it is eval!!! ;)

Burn it

Or

Poison it (pellets. You can buy) when the rainy season starts

Or

Take a hand saw or chainsaw and cut into tree about 1 inch deep all the way around the trunk. This cuts the transfer of food from the roots to the leaves.

Burn it

Or

Poison it (pellets. You can buy) when the rainy season starts

Or

Take a hand saw or chainsaw and cut into tree about 1 inch deep all the way around the trunk. This cuts the transfer of food from the roots to the leaves.
Seems mean.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Employment Update:  

*I'm in no rush to start working even though we just bought a house :mellow:  

*Looks like my unemployment along with my lady's income is enough to break even month to month. :thumbup:  

*Lot's of connections and conversations happening to try and stay in the cannabis industry. :drifter: 

* FAVOR to Washington folks - Can you I use your name, contact information for unemployment claims?  :)  

Employment Update:  

*Looks like my unemployment along with my lady's income is enough to break even month to month. :thumbup:  

*Lot's of connections and conversations happening to try and stay in the cannabis industry. :drifter: 

* FAVOR to Washington folks - Can you I use your name, contact information for unemployment claims?  :)  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTYML6aAv3E

Employment Update:  

have you been looking? 

unemployment in NYC maxes out at 400/week. not exactly enough to cover much of anything here.

Bob Sacamano said:
Think I ate a conch penis while we were there, too.  Or something like that.  I've chosen to block that memory, apparently. 
Well, to be fair, if you're going to eat penis, it's probably best to stick with conch size penis.

have you been looking? 

unemployment in NYC maxes out at 400/week. not exactly enough to cover much of anything here.
Yes...looking and networking with former clients and partners from the last 15 months.   Casually looking at jobs in traditional industries too.  Looks like I can get between 600 and 700 per week.  

looking at 5-6k in unexpected medical bills. :sadbanana:  

aaaaaaaand.......apparently, i only have 1 kidney. :mellow:   may have only had 1 all my life. :eek:   good thing i haven't done anything to excess or pushed my physical limits at everything i've ever done. :mellow: :mellow:    i need to drop at least 2k in more tests to find out more.  so far, i'm considering to just let it roll. :unsure:   

oh..my wife is awaiting biopsy results as well.  so there's that. :hot:   

ooof

aaaaaaaand.......apparently, i only have 1 kidney. :mellow:   may have only had 1 all my life. :eek:   good thing i haven't done anything to excess or pushed my physical limits at everything i've ever done. :mellow: :mellow:    i need to drop at least 2k in more tests to find out more.  so far, i'm considering to just let it roll. :unsure:   

ooof
Damn. GLGBDR

ooof
Good luck to you and your wife.

I'm confused by "may have."  

Good luck to you and your wife.

I'm confused by "may have."  
in my initial ultrasound imaging, they couldn't find my left kidney.  words like dystrophic, renal cysts, etc were bandied about.  the recommendation is to do further imaging, CT first, possible MRI later, to confirm the lack of said kidney or the possibility that i have some weird runt kidney floating around.   the two scenarios are that i was born with only one(most likely) or that one withered and died for some reason (not very likely)  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes...looking and networking with former clients and partners from the last 15 months.   Casually looking at jobs in traditional industries too.  Looks like I can get between 600 and 700 per week.  
"I'm an educated, healthy 40-something who could work a myriad of jobs to earn a living, but I'd rather have other people support me while I look for my ideal job in the weed industry."

Pathetic.

in my initial ultrasound imaging, they couldn't find my left kidney.  words like dystrophic, renal cysts, etc were bandied about.  the recommendation is to do further imaging, CT first, possible MRI later, to confirm the lack of said kidney or the possibility that i have some weird runt kidney floating around.   the two scenarios are that i was born with only one(most likely) or that one withered and died for some reason (not very likely)  
What I am reading is that the urban myth of waking up in a bathtub of ice with a new scar on your side is really true.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread