Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

@Notorious T.R.E. had a jimtan post with a bunch of info on Providenciales, but that was apparently in the old GMTAN.  These days those posts can only be found on the dark web, in the places where they sell SLB's social security number and pieces of GM's vas deferens as an aphrodisiac. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 87k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

We went several places with really good food, and I had no real complaints about the service.  They're definitely on island time, but nothing awful. 

We had fun.  It was a cheap trip for us, so it was completely worth it.  For a full price trip there, I'd probably try lots of places I've never been before I'd go back.  We're headed to USVI later this year.  Curious to see how it compares.

let me know if you want any tips on st john.  my sister has lived there for years.  i used to go all the time.  there was a thread, that seems to have been purged.  

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

We went several places with really good food, and I had no real complaints about the service.  They're definitely on island time, but nothing awful. 

We had fun.  It was a cheap trip for us, so it was completely worth it.  For a full price trip there, I'd probably try lots of places I've never been before I'd go back.  We're headed to USVI later this year.  Curious to see how it compares.

We've been to a bunch of places up and down the Caribbean. Anguilla is our favorite... got married there and used to go at least once a year. We had it dialed into a relatively cheap vacation, but airfare has gone way up as has child count.

Usvi... Big fan of jost van dyke.

5 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

What's red and smells like blue paint?

red paint

5 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

What's clear and smells like blue paint?

chloroform.....shhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm really impressed with your knowledge of paint, Orto!

If you ever decide to leave teaching, I would hire you as a lead man, in a heartbeat.

However, huffing on the job is only allowed if you can prove that you can handle it...

...we are pros, ya know.

20 minutes ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

If you ever decide to leave teaching, I would hire you as a lead man, in a heartbeat.

"Leed" or "led"?  This could be important...

Difference between bossing around the chips and eating them.

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
  • Like 1
Just now, 5-ish Finkle said:

"Leed" or "led"?  This could be important...

Lead...

...nobody on my crew wants to handle that toxic crap anymore.

And, since Tanner is already brain damaged...

...well...

...what is there to lose? :shrug:

Seem like a win/win for all.

2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Does anyone have ideas for how a tree could encounter an unfortunate "accident"?  I'm a tree hugger and all, but I have a nemesis tree that needs to die.  

Buy the house/property that it is on...and then do as you please! :D

Seriously, I have heard that a copper nail (or a couple) driven into the trunk works. (Do some google research).

But, if you check out my Sentient Plants thread...you will realize that you should prolly anesthetize it first...and then say a few words of respect...even if it is eval!!! ;)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:

let me know if you want any tips on st john.  my sister has lived there for years.  i used to go all the time.  there was a thread, that seems to have been purged.  

I'll gladly take whatever you've got. TIA.

41 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Does anyone have ideas for how a tree could encounter an unfortunate "accident"?  I'm a tree hugger and all, but I have a nemesis tree that needs to die.  

By all means, don't tell the story of how you became enraged at a plant.

• Like 5
58 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Can poison it like that Alabama football nut did for those trees they throw toilet paper on at Auburn. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, krista4 said:

Burn it

Or

Poison it (pellets. You can buy) when the rainy season starts

Or

Take a hand saw or chainsaw and cut into tree about 1 inch deep all the way around the trunk. This cuts the transfer of food from the roots to the leaves.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

Burn it

Or

Poison it (pellets. You can buy) when the rainy season starts

Or

Take a hand saw or chainsaw and cut into tree about 1 inch deep all the way around the trunk. This cuts the transfer of food from the roots to the leaves.

Seems mean.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, krista4 said:

I got this.

PM's.

Edited by -fish-
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, krista4 said:

Have you tried sitting down and talking to the tree to see if you can come to a mutually beneficial agreement? 

• Like 6
13 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

actually found it on the dark web

st john thread

moar

some of it is dated, let me know if you have any specific questions.

Thanks!  Will put to good use.  Got lots of info from JTG as well.  I think one of the few things we're down to at this point is figuring out which place we want to use for a sportfishing charter.

Employment Update:  

*I'm in no rush to start working even though we just bought a house :mellow: 

*Looks like my unemployment along with my lady's income is enough to break even month to month. :thumbup: 

*Lot's of connections and conversations happening to try and stay in the cannabis industry. :drifter: 

* FAVOR to Washington folks - Can you I use your name, contact information for unemployment claims?  :) 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, urbanhack said:

Employment Update:  

*Looks like my unemployment along with my lady's income is enough to break even month to month. :thumbup: 

*Lot's of connections and conversations happening to try and stay in the cannabis industry. :drifter: 

* FAVOR to Washington folks - Can you I use your name, contact information for unemployment claims?  :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTYML6aAv3E

• Like 2
1 hour ago, urbanhack said:

Employment Update:  

have you been looking? 

unemployment in NYC maxes out at 400/week. not exactly enough to cover much of anything here.

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Should be finished by the time the last season book of Game of Thrones comes out?

I feel pretty confident about this one, especially since George R.R. Martin is an older guy and doesn't look incredibly healthy.

54 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

have you been looking? 

unemployment in NYC maxes out at 400/week. not exactly enough to cover much of anything here.

Yes...looking and networking with former clients and partners from the last 15 months.   Casually looking at jobs in traditional industries too.  Looks like I can get between 600 and 700 per week.  

looking at 5-6k in unexpected medical bills. :sadbanana: 

aaaaaaaand.......apparently, i only have 1 kidney. :mellow:  may have only had 1 all my life. :eek:  good thing i haven't done anything to excess or pushed my physical limits at everything i've ever done. :mellow::mellow:   i need to drop at least 2k in more tests to find out more.  so far, i'm considering to just let it roll. :unsure:  

oh..my wife is awaiting biopsy results as well.  so there's that. :hot:  

ooof

16 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

aaaaaaaand.......apparently, i only have 1 kidney. :mellow:  may have only had 1 all my life. :eek:  good thing i haven't done anything to excess or pushed my physical limits at everything i've ever done. :mellow::mellow:   i need to drop at least 2k in more tests to find out more.  so far, i'm considering to just let it roll. :unsure:  

ooof

Damn. GLGBDR

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

ooof

Good luck to you and your wife.

I'm confused by "may have."  

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Good luck to you and your wife.

I'm confused by "may have."  

in my initial ultrasound imaging, they couldn't find my left kidney.  words like dystrophic, renal cysts, etc were bandied about.  the recommendation is to do further imaging, CT first, possible MRI later, to confirm the lack of said kidney or the possibility that i have some weird runt kidney floating around.   the two scenarios are that i was born with only one(most likely) or that one withered and died for some reason (not very likely)  

Edited by DA RAIDERS
51 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Yes...looking and networking with former clients and partners from the last 15 months.   Casually looking at jobs in traditional industries too.  Looks like I can get between 600 and 700 per week.  

"I'm an educated, healthy 40-something who could work a myriad of jobs to earn a living, but I'd rather have other people support me while I look for my ideal job in the weed industry."

Pathetic.

3 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

in my initial ultrasound imaging, they couldn't find my left kidney.  words like dystrophic, renal cysts, etc were bandied about.  the recommendation is to do further imaging, CT first, possible MRI later, to confirm the lack of said kidney or the possibility that i have some weird runt kidney floating around.   the two scenarios are that i was born with only one(most likely) or that one withered and died for some reason (not very likely)  

What I am reading is that the urban myth of waking up in a bathtub of ice with a new scar on your side is really true.

Good luck

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

i celebrate his whole catalog

Bent Life

None Shall Pass

Shrunk

No Regrets

Daylight

just a few fantastic Aes tracks

I got a couple of things back in the none shall pass days, but never really got into him. respected what he was doing, just didn't love it.