What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (13 Viewers)

You don't want to live on fox island.  They don't deliver pizza there.  You have to go meet the delivery guys at the boat ramp.
That's okay.  I bet the pizza sucks anyway.

The new dream is to move to an island in Puget Sound and open a po'boy and gumbo shop.

Buying a house is making me murdery.   I don't know how Krista does it.

murderey?  murder-y?
I was going to ask you how it was going.  I’m hoping you can get moved in so we can grab RL and ‘ninja and watch football there someday soon.

Maybe a bar instead? :(  

I was going to ask you how it was going.  I’m hoping you can get moved in so we can grab RL and ‘ninja and watch football there someday soon.

Maybe a bar instead? :(  
Closing is 10/20.   I thought everything was fine, but some ####### underwriter decided that since my 2016 taxes are due on October 15 that they can't close on the 20th without me filing the taxes and them getting a transcript from the IRS.   So if it closed on the 14th, no problem.   But because it's closing the 20th, I have this tax issue.  My CPA is rushing my return through (supposedly), but I haven't heard from her or my mortgage broker since Monday.  They're both ignoring emails and phone calls.

On the plus side, I decided that instead of moving, I'm just going to buy all new stuff.   I went a little nuts over the weekend and bought an entire bedroom set for me, another for my daughter, an office suite, a dining room table, coffee table, sectional, chair-and-a-half, couch and loveseat.   Every piece of furniture I currently own is getting sold or going to goodwill.

I was bored and spent a few days reading and posting in there.  I don't recommend it
I assume people are justifying the use of multi/rapid fire long-range weapons for personal use?

I will go on the record- in here- that I ####### hate guns. In this day and age, I don't see the need to overthrow the goverment via weaponed militia. I don't see the point in hunting unless it's for consumption only. I find sport hunting barbaric, disgusting, cruel and awful. target practice? get a video game. but it's the 2nd amendment... not even an afterthought thrown in later... #2. so, so be it. that said- multi/rapid fire guns? you're not hunting anything other than lots of humans with that kind of thing. limit or ban them, IMO. long-range versions of those? no.

Bob Sacamano said:
I ventured into the assault rifle thread. 

Hold me.
Yup, I would also suggest staying out of it. People's opinions on the topic won't change, you'll waste your time posting in it and probably give yourself a headache with some of the "reasoning" shown.

Stay away.

El Floppo said:
I assume people are justifying the use of multi/rapid fire long-range weapons for personal use?

I will go on the record- in here- that I ####### hate guns. In this day and age, I don't see the need to overthrow the goverment via weaponed militia. I don't see the point in hunting unless it's for consumption only. I find sport hunting barbaric, disgusting, cruel and awful. target practice? get a video game. but it's the 2nd amendment... not even an afterthought thrown in later... #2. so, so be it. that said- multi/rapid fire guns? you're not hunting anything other than lots of humans with that kind of thing. limit or ban them, IMO. long-range versions of those? no.
Yeah I think arguments for 30+ round clips (errf....magazines) boil down to 

1. Convenience.  I mean who wants to keep reloading at the range (queue comparison to 30 pack of beer)

2. Fantasy societal break-down / zombie apocalypse scenarios

you also have to make sure you're up on proper gun terminology, ammo sizes, etc otherwise your opinion is dismissed for being a moron.

:Back to no politics:

El Floppo said:

It's just one of those things you can't even begin to take seriously.  Nobody's accomplishing anything wrt a topic like that in a place like this.

Yeah I think arguments for 30+ round clips (errf....magazines) boil down to 

1. Convenience.  I mean who wants to keep reloading at the range (queue comparison to 30 pack of beer)

2. Fantasy societal break-down / zombie apocalypse scenarios

you also have to make sure you're up on proper gun terminology, ammo sizes, etc otherwise your opinion is dismissed for being a moron.

:Back to no politics:
:goodposting:

I felt dirty writing that last post in here.

Sammy3469 said:
No...he's actually a pretty well known HF attorney now in a family office where he deals with a bunch of crappy family BS (our daughter needs a company for her movie producing company type stuff) he's never had to craft legal docs for in his life.    
God, if I could do it over again, I'd go into HF attorney space.  The money they make for creating subscription agreements or offering docs....my god.  

El Floppo said:

My friend owns a cattle ranch.   I've been there when he pulls out a semi-auto rifle and shoots coyotes and feral dogs that are harassing the cattle.   Only legitimate use I've ever heard of.

the rover said:
You don't want to live on fox island.  They don't deliver pizza there.  You have to go meet the delivery guys at the boat ramp.
"You're doing it wrong." *points to custom, outdoor, brick pizza oven on patio of 2nd guesthouse* 

- K4

El Floppo said:
volume   [/first citywide change bank] 
"We can give you two tens for a twenty. We can give you four twenties, two fives and ten singles for a hundred.  We can even give you twenty million nickles for your million dollar note.  It's what we do."

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it before but it bears (sp?) repeating, if you are the guy who sits in a bar and gabs loudly on your phone for more than a minute, you are an awful, horrible, obnoxious human being.  Take your phuqing calls outside and let those of us listening to Bob Costas call baseball games in peace with our drinks. 

Clueless, tone deaf, selfish prix that do this.

I've said it before but it bears (sp?) repeating, if you are the guy who sits in a bar and gabs loudly on your phone for more than a minute, you are an awful, horrible, obnoxious human being.  Take your phuqing calls outside and let those of us listening to Bob Costas call baseball games in peace with our drinks. 

Clueless, tone deaf, selfish prix that do this.
Cows.  Not bears.

Sammy3469 said:
No...he's actually a pretty well known HF attorney now in a family office where he deals with a bunch of crappy family BS (our daughter needs a company for her movie producing company type stuff) he's never had to craft legal docs for in his life.    
High Falutin'?

Got an e-mail today from a guy in my magic football leeg (I handle the website duties), asking how to put Dalvin Cook on IR.  He's probably in his early/mid 60s, and not real tech savvy.  So I e-mailed back:

- Go to the home page

- Click "My Team"

- Click the "IR" link

- Check the box next to Cook where it says "Deactivate to IR"

Got a reply back, "Thanks.  I would never have guessed that." :mellow: :lmao:

Got an e-mail today from a guy in my magic football leeg (I handle the website duties), asking how to put Dalvin Cook on IR.  He's probably in his early/mid 60s, and not real tech savvy.  So I e-mailed back:

- Go to the home page

- Click "My Team"

- Click the "IR" link

- Check the box next to Cook where it says "Deactivate to IR"

Got a reply back, "Thanks.  I would never have guessed that." :mellow: :lmao:
If you didn't specify the age I'd have assumed it was @General Malaise

Sitting here feeling both wistful and like a jerk.

Earlier today I was driving through some not great areas of Philly and realizing just how lucky and blessed I am. I don't have nearly as much as 90% of those in our surrounding area, but a 2,200SF townhouse in a nice safe neighborhood with a decent school district and a wife and daughter I adore is worth a whole lot.

But then I get home tonight, and out of curiosity, check out homes in a slightly more rural area about 10-15 minutes from us and see a number of decent single family homes on 1-4 acre beautiful lots that my daughter would love to play on and I would love to sit and enjoy. Only we're pretty much locked into our current house for a number of reasons and even the $300-400 more a month would be too much for us to swing. And it got my glum and feeling crappy for not being able to provide a better house for my daughter.

And then immediately feel guilty for even thinking that after seeing so many people looking defeated while sitting in front of their run down 400SF row house in a dangerous neighborhood with crappy schools.

Life is weird.

Users who are viewing this thread