Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Thanks for all the thropwas everybody.  I'm doing alright, hanging out with family and friends, tipping back cold ones, grilling and enjoying 80 degree weather.  Despite being a little sad, I'm reliev

Posted Images

Stupid home loan issue #45:

My credit report somehow shows an address in San Diego from 2001, so the genius underwriters are under the impression that I own a $4 million waterfront property.   It's a marina where I leased a spot for $90/month to store my boat.   

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, the rover said:

Stupid home loan issue #45:

My credit report somehow shows an address in San Diego from 2001, so the genius underwriters are under the impression that I own a $4 million waterfront property.   It's a marina where I leased a spot for $90/month to store my boat.   

You don't own any multi-million dollar properties, or they just aren't in San Diego?

38 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Been waiting 45 minutes for a table at a subpar Mexican restaurant because they decorate for Halloween 

Is this Phil from the future talking? 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, RC94 said:

Speaking of Halloween, do any of you get dressed up?  Maybe for a party or whatever.

We are because we are going to a party featuring a live performance from Tone Loc that's costume-required.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RC94 said:

Speaking of Halloween, do any of you get dressed up?  Maybe for a party or whatever.

When I was in my 20's, I used to think this was lame.  I did it but lame.  Now that I'm closer to 50 I would love to do it. Of course now all of my friends are lame.  Sure, I could organize something but that sounds horrible.

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, St. Louis Bob said:

When I was in my 20's, I used to think this was lame.  I did it but lame.  Now that I'm closer to 50 I would love to do it. Of course now all of my friends are lame.  Sure, I could organize something but that sounds horrible.

It's fun to have a costume party and invite people and tell them it's not a costume party and then laugh at them for not being in costume. 

10 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

It's fun to have a costume party and invite people and tell them it's not a costume party and then laugh at them for not being in costume. 

So...

....you're teh guy that dressed as "Henry Ford"....

...only to realize that you were "Henry Ford"...

...and thus were not "in costume".

I laugh. ;)

1 hour ago, St. Louis Bob said:

Lame

57 minutes ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

So...

....you're teh guy that dressed as "Henry Ford"....

...only to realize that you were "Henry Ford"...

...and thus were not "in costume".

I laugh. ;)

Lamer

18 hours ago, RC94 said:

Have a friend that throws a huge Halloween party every year.  Live band, full bar.   Everyone wears costumes.  Going to the costume shop today.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Wait... Just to make sure- we're saying people are celebrating Halloween because it's October, in spite of the actual night still four weeks away?

Next thing you know they'll be having Christmas parties on days other than Dec. 25.

MY GB turns his garage into a haunted house and has a pirate shipwreck in his front yard. Fog machines, the works. He has over 500 people through there every year. I have a 'Dapper Death' costume, and the kids have to get by me to get to the candy. :oldunsure: 

2 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Next thing you know they'll be having Christmas parties on days other than Dec. 25.

But that's my point... Halloween is like Christmas? Since when?  It's the first week of October...

2 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Good Lord. I am quite tipsy. Went a tad strong on the Bloody Marys.

I think I shall watch Maryland get destroyed by one of those Ohio teams

Will you be wearing a costume? Its Halloween season

18 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

MY GB turns his garage into a haunted house and has a pirate shipwreck in his front yard. Fog machines, the works. He has over 500 people through there every year. I have a 'Dapper Death' costume, and the kids have to get by me to get to the candy. :oldunsure: 

:homer:

17 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

But that's my point... Halloween is like Christmas? Since when?  It's the first week of October...

The CVS here in Hoboken is already getting all Halloweened out.

1 minute ago, RC94 said:

The CVS here in Hoboken is already getting all Halloweened out.

I get stores putting up decorations.

but parties for halloween the first week? can we just get thanksgiving out of the way too- TIA.

Just now, El Floppo said:

I get stores putting up decorations.

but parties for halloween the first week? can we just get thanksgiving out of the way too- TIA.

Yeah, but CVS has said it's ok to start with Halloween.  Who are we to cross CVS?

• Like 1