What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (8 Viewers)

Well we now own a 5 month old female kitten

We were looking for younger and a boy and fluffy and orange and she's none of those things but my son said he liked that one so she's got a new home now.  Still getting used to the dog

Oh and he wants to name her sapphire :mellow:
That's cool, you can call her firedog and give her some self esteem

I'm joining a local country club so that I can use their pool, bar and gym and so I have a good place to take a client from time to time.   They have a $1,500 initiation fee but they'll waive it if I can show proof of a $500 charitable donation to a non-profit in the last 30 days.   I think it's a little odd that I'm now going to do a good thing for entirely selfish reasons, but hey, I'm a lawyer and moral dilemmas don't really worry me.   I was thinking of donating to juvenile diabetes for @General Malaise's family.   Is your preferred charity JDRF?
Buddy, that is beyond nice and I'm touched but that money will go much further with BigBotttom's Chance For Hope.  JDRF is a blemished foundation, IMO.  Chance For Hope is so important.

Thanks, big guy - much love.

yep, thanks buddy.  had an ultra sound a few months ago and discovered that i was probably born without a left kidney.  confirmed it this week with a ct scan.  gonna chat with a nephrologist soon, to get the lay of the one kidney land.
I know a guy that has 3 kidneys. Actually true.

Seems pretty selfish.
It seems that the third one was donated. Apparently they just throw the new one in without taking out the failing one. Guy said it was up front, close to his stomach.

Not sure how reliable this information is though. I met the guy at an X concert held at a place founded by Buck Owens.

I went to a sports bar near Katy and really enjoyed everyone cheering for the Aggies against the stupid Gators.  The Yankees lost too.  Everything seems a little better tonight.  

Watching the Astros and Longhorns at the same time was stressful. My dad texted me so see how my rum supply was holding up.  :oldunsure:

After both games were over, I texted back "Dammit, I smoked all that crack for nothing."  :lmao:

Apparently a local grocery store will deliver booze to my door. 

This is a great and terrible thing. 
1st of all Henry, I am very sorry to read about your dog. :(

You have my sincere condolences. 

Secondly, I never had a grocery store deliver me booze....but...

....back in the early 90's, we had a Domino's Pizza delivery guy that would stop by the liquor store to bring bring us booze and cigarettes along with our pizza.

We were fairly satisfied...but somewhat disappointed that he would not bring us our weed also. :(

Henry Ford said:
Apparently a local grocery store will deliver booze to my door. 

This is a great and terrible thing. 

Man of Constant Sorrow said:
1st of all Henry, I am very sorry to read about your dog. :(

You have my sincere condolences. 

Secondly, I never had a grocery store deliver me booze....but...

....back in the early 90's, we had a Domino's Pizza delivery guy that would stop by the liquor store to bring bring us booze and cigarettes along with our pizza.

We were fairly satisfied...but somewhat disappointed that he would not bring us our weed also. :(

the rover said:
If someone would deliver booze to my house I would sell my truck and never leave home again
in high school, there was a liquor store that would deliver to my friend ricardo's house.  ricardo actually got a xmas card from the liquor store every year.  not his parents, him.  my mom wised up somewhere around the middle of 11th grade and i was no longer allowed to spend the night at ricardo's.  

i went skiing in park city, utah, pre olympics, so still extra weird and uber mormon, so 1988 ish.  at least 10 people (skiers) on the plane had 2 cases of beer as their cary on luggage.  i was all :oldunsure:  and when i asked them what's up, they told me it was impossible to get booze and the only beer was 3/2.  i didn't even know what 3/2 meant.  we were going there for a week, so this was concerning.  fast forward to day 2, after i had almost murdered a bartender that wouldn't serve me because i wasn't a member of the bar.  we are at the condo, ordering pizza.  we have no booze, no drugs, nothing.  i ask to speak to the delivery driver.  offer him $50 bucks to bring us a case of bud, a 5th of jack and a 5th of rumplemintz.  i hadn't seen a single store that sold booze of any kind.  he comes through with flying colors and actually becomes our 'fixer' for the rest of the trip.  takes us to the super weird, hidden, underground, speak easy style, mormon controlled, state run liquor store.  that  had no sign what so ever.  if you didn't know where it was, you were not finding it.  he also scored us a bit of weed and skied with us on our last day there.  quite possibly the best $50 bucks i ever spent.

Yours can't?
Mine was more of a pro baseball player than a law and order type, although she was an interesting guard dog.  My uncle, and on another occasion a family friend who was dropping something off, both told us that the dog let them into the house, but she wouldn't let them leave.  60 lbs of muscle, teeth and claws get in between you and the door, you find a different way out.

Mine was more of a pro baseball player than a law and order type, although she was an interesting guard dog.  My uncle, and on another occasion a family friend who was dropping something off, both told us that the dog let them into the house, but she wouldn't let them leave.  60 lbs of muscle, teeth and claws get in between you and the door, you find a different way out.
be a man and control the dog. then you leave. seems pretty simple.

Driving on a wide open highway yesterday when I suddenly see a bunch of brake lights in front of me.  Traffic comes to a nearly complete stop in the two right lanes but still moving on the left.   Traffic starts to break and i see something unexpected that I've seen a million times but never like this. Any guesses? 

Driving to Florida on I-75 a few years ago, pretty heavy traffic but moving, the guy in front of me swerved into the next lane, revealing a bicycle flopping in the road about 50 feet or so in front of me.  By the time I could check the lanes next to me I drove right over the ####### thing doing ~75mph.  I think it came off the back of an RV, so no idea if they even noticed until they were WAY down the road.

I got over to the shoulder to check things out - amazingly little damage to my vehicle.  Broke off a small corner of the front air dam under the bumper, and the tire left a little black smudge on the passenger door.  Pretty sure the bike didn't fare as well, but I wasn't going dashing across 3 lanes of interstate to find out

Last edited by a moderator:
my grandmother lived to be 101 and passed a few years back. she lived her last 8 or so years in a nursing home. she lived to see both my kids be born. used to go visit her a couple days a week just to chit chat as she could #### talk a blue streak and her stories (history to me) were interesting.

my kids loved to go visit. the place had an aquarium. sometimes families brought their dogs/cats/other pets to visit. they loved pushing my grandma around in her wheelchair. she doted on them. good stuff all around.

at Halloween and Christmas the old folks passed out candy to kids who came. specifically on Halloween they had the residents gather in the community events room and kids in costumes paraded through to trick or treat. everyone loved it.

apparently my kids loved it so much that they have asked to go back each year since great-grandma died. i just couldn't. too rough for me.

my kids are 6 and 9 now. the youngest has really been pushing that this year is the year. we're going. 

what broke me is she has insisted we "go visit the people at the homeless shelter".  which is what she calls the retirement home. she positively beams with excitement when talking about it. how can i say no? she's jumping out of her skin that i said yes.

all i can think of is... she's technically correct... it is a homeless shelter in a way. and that's depressing as #### to me. but the smiles on those faces when kids roll through in costume.. how much fun they all have for those couple hours.  worth it.

:thumbsup: 

my grandmother lived to be 101 and passed a few years back. she lived her last 8 or so years in a nursing home. she lived to see both my kids be born. used to go visit her a couple days a week just to chit chat as she could #### talk a blue streak and her stories (history to me) were interesting.

my kids loved to go visit. the place had an aquarium. sometimes families brought their dogs/cats/other pets to visit. they loved pushing my grandma around in her wheelchair. she doted on them. good stuff all around.

at Halloween and Christmas the old folks passed out candy to kids who came. specifically on Halloween they had the residents gather in the community events room and kids in costumes paraded through to trick or treat. everyone loved it.

apparently my kids loved it so much that they have asked to go back each year since great-grandma died. i just couldn't. too rough for me.

my kids are 6 and 9 now. the youngest has really been pushing that this year is the year. we're going. 

what broke me is she has insisted we "go visit the people at the homeless shelter".  which is what she calls the retirement home. she positively beams with excitement when talking about it. how can i say no? she's jumping out of her skin that i said yes.

all i can think of is... she's technically correct... it is a homeless shelter in a way. and that's depressing as #### to me. but the smiles on those faces when kids roll through in costume.. how much fun they all have for those couple hours.  worth it.

You should dress up as a vuvuzela-playing bear.

If everyone was so motivated to do good deeds for candy, the world would be a better place

Users who are viewing this thread