What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (11 Viewers)

It sits on the counter connected to the sink. I’m already there.
When I was in school I had a portable one, but it was basically the same size as a regular one you just to roll it over to the sink and connect it when you wanted to use it.  I didn't know they made them so small they can sit on the counter like that.  That's much easier.  I let the dirty dishes pile up, sometimes so much that I couldn't fit everything into the dishwasher at once.  I was very busy with school, but when it comes to housework I can be extremely lazy.

When I was in school I had a portable one, but it was basically the same size as a regular one you just to roll it over to the sink and connect it when you wanted to use it.  I didn't know they made them so small they can sit on the counter like that.  That's much easier.  I let the dirty dishes pile up, sometimes so much that I couldn't fit everything into the dishwasher at once.  I was very busy with school, but when it comes to housework I can be extremely lazy.
That sounds efforty.

i got this:

Dishwasher

Last edited by a moderator:
Flor de Cana, my old friend. I've missed you.
We brought two bottles back from Nica a couple of weeks ago. :thumbup:  

New heights of lazy:  portable dishwasher for my bar arrived today.  No more washing cocktail glasses by hand or having to take them upstairs.
We had the second of our three "Design Studio" appointments today for our new house.  Today's was four hours.  We brought wine (they seemed surprised).  Anyway, one of my favorite options today was to put a button next to the sink to start the garbage disposal "so that you don't have to open the bottom cabinet every time you run the disposal."  I did think we could handle leaning down to open a cabinet door every time instead.  Savings:  $520.  SCORE!

We had the second of our three "Design Studio" appointments today for our new house.  Today's was four hours.  We brought wine (they seemed surprised).  Anyway, one of my favorite options today was to put a button next to the sink to start the garbage disposal "so that you don't have to open the bottom cabinet every time you run the disposal."  I did think we could handle leaning down to open a cabinet door every time instead.  Savings:  $520.  SCORE!
Funny, this is the first house I've ever owned where you have to bend down and open the cabinet to turn on the garbage disposal.  I'm thinking of having my electrician move it.

Funny, this is the first house I've ever owned where you have to bend down and open the cabinet to turn on the garbage disposal.  I'm thinking of having my electrician move it.
Oh!  By the way!  My mom says that HGTV gives away a house every year(?), and this year the house is in Gig Harbor.

I would have bought the button, and I would have insisted they put 3 buttons there.  If it has 3 buttons on it, you know it’s really cool.

You never replied to my posts about this... Is this a Builder special (sounds like it, given the "design studio"), or working directly with a scarf?

As with any of you- if you have questions, please feel free.

Plus, what kind of savage has to bend down and open a cabinet to turn on the disposal? :confused:

less than an hour away from the monthly team meeting

i cannot wait to watch #!$%~%!% chew his fingernails off, roll them around in his mouth & spit them out on the table, guffaw loudly & turn his head at every question as though no one notices his disdainful laughter, huff & roll his eyes at every answer and talk down in sarcastic response every time a woman speaks  

IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME! :thumbup:

what kinda sick #### takes pleasure in watching a hard working man (who is just out to support his family) squirm in a meeting?  :unsure:

the poor schlub deserves better than your anonymous jibes ....

have you tried "JERK STORE" yet?

:coffee:

Seriously never heard of this.  Every disposal I've ever seen has a wall switch near the sink.  Even the house I grew up in that was built in 1969.
I was thinking the same thing. I live in a crappy townhouse that's probably the size of what krista's new naan oven will be and even I have a disposal switch on the wall. Why in the world would it be in the cabinet and how is that $500 cheaper than putting it on the wall?

I was thinking the same thing. I live in a crappy townhouse that's probably the size of what krista's new naan oven will be and even I have a disposal switch on the wall. Why in the world would it be in the cabinet and how is that $500 cheaper than putting it on the wall?
My assumption was that it was put in after the house was built and someone was too lazy to run the wire properly. 

My in-laws in Michigan use well water and for reasons I don't quite fathom, they don't have a disposal for that very perplexing reason.  Washing dishes there is pure savagery.  I feel like a homesteader.  Not much worse in the world than being the guy that gets to dump out the sink stopper with all the leftover food particles.  That's gotta be up there with jizz mopper and sludge factory worker.  

My assumption was that it was put in after the house was built and someone was too lazy to run the wire properly. 
Yep. A lot of plumbers don't like going through stone or tile. It can double or triple the price of the install. And I guess you could argue that its safer, since you won't mistake it for the overhead light switch when you're trying to dig your potscrubber out of the sink hole.

My in-laws in Michigan use well water and for reasons I don't quite fathom, they don't have a disposal for that very perplexing reason.  Washing dishes there is pure savagery.  I feel like a homesteader.  Not much worse in the world than being the guy that gets to dump out the sink stopper with all the leftover food particles.  That's gotta be up there with jizz mopper and sludge factory worker.  
I'm assuming it's because they have a septic field rather than city sewage line.  However, this doesn't mean you can't have a disposal, it just means you have to be careful about how much you put down there and be sure not to put certain things.

Install one for them.

Iirc, NYC only just started allowing disposals in the last 15 years or so. Apartments that haven't been renovated since then are without... like my place. You get used to scraping dishes into the garbage before loading into the dishwasher. Unless you're my wife, in which case might as well just let it all collect in the sink stopper since it somehow magically disappears everyday.

And yeah- all the kitchens I've done, never not had the disposal tied to a switch next to the sink. Considering adding electrical points (outlets, switches, light locations) are typically 600-1k per, I'd think leaving it switched at the disposal itself in the cabinet would be the cheap way to do it, not a $500 uptick.

El Floppo said:
Iirc, NYC only just started allowing disposals in the last 15 years or so. Apartments that haven't been renovated since then are without... like my place. You get used to scraping dishes into the garbage before loading into the dishwasher. Unless you're my wife, in which case might as well just let it all collect in the sink stopper since it somehow magically disappears everyday.

And yeah- all the kitchens I've done, never not had the disposal tied to a switch next to the sink. Considering adding electrical points (outlets, switches, light locations) are typically 600-1k per, I'd think leaving it switched at the disposal itself in the cabinet would be the cheap way to do it, not a $500 uptick.
The roaches and rats eat it.  It's all part of the amazing circle of life.  I think the next series of Planet Earth should touch upon this part of the circle.

krista4 said:

Never had to bend down and flip a switch under the sink. It's always been wired to a light switch next to the sink. 

the rover said:
I have a 50th birthday coming up--renting a venue and hiring a band.   May 26 tentative date.   Will know for sure this week.
You are 7 or so months older than me.  Keep us updated. 

The roaches and rats eat it.  It's all part of the amazing circle of life.  I think the next series of Planet Earth should touch upon this part of the circle.
or some mysterious person* has to reach in there and scoop that disgusting mess out every night so the roaches and rats aren't tempted. 

it's me. and I'm not that mysterious

the rover said:
I have a 50th birthday coming up--renting a venue and hiring a band.   May 26 tentative date.   Will know for sure this week.
Psssh. Krista’s usually had about 100 by May 26.

El Floppo said:
She said they could handle opening the cabinet so she opted out of the wall switch.  Thus the savings.

or some mysterious person* has to reach in there and scoop that disgusting mess out every night so the roaches and rats aren't tempted. 

it's me. and I'm not that mysterious
If you wear your scarf around your face instead of your neck you will look more mysterious.

El Floppo said:
You never replied to my posts about this... Is this a Builder special (sounds like it, given the "design studio"), or working directly with a scarf?

As with any of you- if you have questions, please feel free.

Plus, what kind of savage has to bend down and open a cabinet to turn on the disposal? :confused:
Builder.  No scarf.  Thanks for the offer to answer questions! :)   

Reading through all this, I am thinking I might have to change my mind and pay for the switch to be moved.  I'm not a savage or a homesteader.

How much more would a reasonable person pay for a fireplace that looks sorta like this rather than one that looks sorta like this?

Builder.  No scarf.  Thanks for the offer to answer questions! :)   

Reading through all this, I am thinking I might have to change my mind and pay for the switch to be moved.  I'm not a savage or a homesteader.
Have a button installed under the sink and when you want to run the disposal, give it a bump with your crotch. 

Users who are viewing this thread