Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

7 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Pretty sure I've settled on Luke's Italian Beef for lunch on day one.  Gotta try this Italian Beef first thing.

Can't comment on Luke's specifically, but a good Italian Beef is :moneybag: .  

• Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Pretty sure I've settled on Luke's Italian Beef for lunch on day one.  Gotta try this Italian Beef first thing.

It's a really soggy French Dip sandwich.

Nothing wrong with that, as far as it goes, but far from life-altering.

1 minute ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

Someone best shut their whore mouth

• Like 12
7 minutes ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

“A ####### is basically just a soggy handjob”

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Good stuff, thanks!  I think it'd be cool to hit that first thing with the boys, then take a water taxi.  Something new and different for all of us.  Can you recommend a lunch spot near Willis before we take the water taxi?

Its not fancy, but the Chiacgo French Market has something for everyone. No BS franchises like McDonald's of Sbarro. All smaller, mom and pop type places. Highly recommend Aloha Poke (that deconstructed sushi stuff that bentley was eating the other day) or the Montreal Pastrami sandwich at Fumare Meats and Deli. It can be a bit crowded, but anything in that area is going to be around lunchtime on a weekday.

It's about a mile away.

10 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

I thought you'd go for this first:

https://goo.gl/images/VBmm8g

Come to think of it this should probably be a pole...which should GM engulf first:

Italian Beef

Chicago Deep Dish Pizza

Chicago-Style Hawt Dog

Italian Beef

Chicago Style Hotdog

Little Ceasers

Frozen Pizza

Chicago Style Pizza

• Like 4

If an Italian Beef ranks really high on your list of sandwiches, you just haven't had many good sandwiches. 

I would enjoy one for lunch today if somebody insisted we eat one, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to seek one out.

1 minute ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Italian Beef

Chicago Style Hotdog

Little Ceasers

Frozen Pizza

Chicago Style Pizza

I've never been more pissed at our babysitter/nanny than when she revealed to him last night that she was feeding my son Dominos.  This is ####### NYC for ####s sake :wall:

• Like 1

Another suggestion would to be to head up West Randolph or Fulton Market. Probably only a 7-10 minute Uber ride away from Willis. 

They recently put a Kuma's Corner on Fulton. The original location has been on Food Network a bunch of times. Great burgers, always has a stellar beer list.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

Another suggestion would to be to head up West Randolph or Fulton Market. Probably only a 7-10 minute Uber ride away from Willis. 

They recently put a Kuma's Corner on Fulton. The original location has been on Food Network a bunch of times. Great burgers, always has a stellar beer list.

Fair warning on this place, heavy metal themed (see names of burgers) and there's a 98% chance of there being loud music with cookie monster vocals blaring at high decibel levels

9 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

Fulton Market also brings Publican Quality Meats into play, no?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

Good stuff, thanks!  I think it'd be cool to hit that first thing with the boys, then take a water taxi.  Something new and different for all of us.  Can you recommend a lunch spot near Willis before we take the water taxi?

OR you could jump off your train and board the BNSF to the Naperville station and wander around downtown Naperville the whole time instead.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

OR you could jump off your train and board the BNSF to the Naperville station and wander around downtown Naperville the whole time instead.

but seriously, don't go to Naperville.

Naperville blows.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Saw that place on TV, I think.  If that's it, want to try.

Yeah, it's really good.  As is The Publican across the street.  The Publican opened first, as a full-service upscale restaurant.  PQM opened a couple years after, and has both a meat market and dine-in menu, but geared more toward sandwiches and charcuterie.  

On 3/12/2018 at 1:38 PM, General Malaise said:

ANNOUNCE!!!!!

I'm taking my wife and older boys to Chicago from July 5-July 7.  I've never been to Chicago and would LOVE some ideas/tips.  Here's the itinerary - we're taking the train from Pontiac, MI to Chicago arriving Union Station at 10:30am.  We're staying near Wrigley with my wife's cousin and his wife.  I am going to buy tickets to the Cubs game Friday vs. Cincy which is a 1pm game.  I know tickets are spendy, but I'd love some advise on where to sit.

Time will be limited, but I'd love to hit a museum or two and would really like some suggestions.  Typical tourist stuff also appreciated; I know my boys would probably like to visit the top of the Hancock Tower (whatever the tall one is).  

hit me up. will help where I can.

1 hour ago, Epic Problem said:

Its not fancy, but the Chiacgo French Market has something for everyone. No BS franchises like McDonald's of Sbarro. All smaller, mom and pop type places. Highly recommend Aloha Poke (that deconstructed sushi stuff that bentley was eating the other day) or the Montreal Pastrami sandwich at Fumare Meats and Deli. It can be a bit crowded, but anything in that area is going to be around lunchtime on a weekday.

It's about a mile away.

Revival is a much better choice imo

https://www.revivalfoodhall.com/

tried reading an article on Salon.com

they have an option to suppress ads that would "apply (my) processing power" to mine cryptocurrency.

why the #### would i do that?

31 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Yeah, it's really good.  As is The Publican across the street.  The Publican opened first, as a full-service upscale restaurant.  PQM opened a couple years after, and has both a meat market and dine-in menu, but geared more toward sandwiches and charcuterie.  

It's The Publican I'm thinking of.