Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

3rd day in a row dealing with a lady who is arguing that, no, she does not need to fill out the paperwork completely or correctly and she absolutely will not change anything about what she has submitted.. but expects her request to be taken care of in the way that she thinks my team should be able to instinctively understand, apparently.

this isn't a semantic matter. or an issue where someone just needs to be a little less rigid. there's wrong and missing information that is absolutely required to complete the process. it's not our fault you're being totally unreasonable and illogical... and no amount of temper tantrum is going to force them to process your paperwork.

filling out the missing info would take.... 30 seconds? but, yes, by all means.. let's drag this out another day for absolutely no reason and you can keep making empty threats.

Tell her that you have been working to develop your mind reading skills, but they aren't mature enough yet to work properly.  Maybe in a year or so your mind reading skills will be developed enough to understand what the missing info is supposed to say, but until then you can't help her.

• Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mr. furley said:

3rd day in a row dealing with a lady who is arguing that, no, she does not need to fill out the paperwork completely or correctly and she absolutely will not change anything about what she has submitted.. but expects her request to be taken care of in the way that she thinks my team should be able to instinctively understand, apparently.

this isn't a semantic matter. or an issue where someone just needs to be a little less rigid. there's wrong and missing information that is absolutely required to complete the process. it's not our fault you're being totally unreasonable and illogical... and no amount of temper tantrum is going to force them to process your paperwork.

filling out the missing info would take.... 30 seconds? but, yes, by all means.. let's drag this out another day for absolutely no reason and you can keep making empty threats.

Glad to hear you don't have a problem with Jews.

• Like 3

the wurst

We're covering the section on Irish/German immigration.  I explained that America is a nation of immigrants.  And that at some point in time, their ancestors came from somewhere else.  One of the questions on the sheet my students are doing asks them to write where their ancestors came from (if they know).   

10 minutes ago:  kid writes down "german, french, native american, pennsylvania, wisconsin"

• Like 1
1 minute ago, McJose said:

10 minutes ago:  kid writes down "german, french, native american, pennsylvania, wisconsin"

this part is what makes the rest of the answer believable 

• Like 2

this part is what makes the rest of the answer believable 

You'll like this too.  

At the end of the year we have a bunch of service organizations that give out awards to deserving students.  Kiwanis, Optimists, Elks, etc.  This is about the time of year where we have to nominate kids for said awards.

One of the groups is Alpha Kappa Alpha.  Each year they award a small scholarship to one of our female, African-American students (which at my school means that if you are a black girl you've got about a 1-out of-8 chance of winning that award).  

One of my students came in late just now because the principal was talking to her about "something called 'The Alpaca' award".  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, McJose said:

We're covering the section on Irish/German immigration.  I explained that America is a nation of immigrants.  And that at some point in time, their ancestors came from somewhere else.  One of the questions on the sheet my students are doing asks them to write where their ancestors came from (if they know).   

Probably looking at the future mayor of Oildale

10 minutes ago, McJose said:

I don't think he ever had a smack-talk name for Bakersfield.  I remember Fresno = Fresneck, though.

Patty in Modesto 

6 minutes ago, bosoxs45 said:

Should I make a sign to promote FBG? I am in town visiting a friend.

"Free Chemical X" is my go to sporting event sign.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, McJose said:

I don't think he ever had a smack-talk name for Bakersfield.  I remember Fresno = Fresneck, though.

he just calls it Bako

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

I'd like the good hands of Allstate to promptly go and strangle itself. What a horse#### company to deal with.

:goodposting:  Dropped them after they raised my rates $400 for no reason whatsoever (other than greed).  

5 hours ago, Epic Problem said:

I'd like the good hands of Allstate to promptly go and strangle itself. What a horse#### company to deal with.

Huh.  Why?  I have them and have never had an issue.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Epic Problem said:

So odd, I have them and my wife hit something that flew off the bed of a semi and ripped a hole in the oil pan. 7.5 hours from home. Allstate filed and paid the claim in less than 12 hours and it fell under comprehensive. My agent was great through the experience and helped out tremendously. Also, they paid the tow claim in less than 24 hours once we filed that.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:57 PM, cosjobs said:

I just ordered the new state Astros personalized license plates. For my car I got TUVE, my wife got CRREA

This is a pretty big deal for me. I've never owned vanity plates.

If feel like I've finally made it.

And XPRDCR is too difficult

On 4/9/2018 at 7:28 PM, Hawks64 said:

So odd, I have them and my wife hit something that flew off the bed of a semi and ripped a hole in the oil pan. 7.5 hours from home. Allstate filed and paid the claim in less than 12 hours and it fell under comprehensive. My agent was great through the experience and helped out tremendously. Also, they paid the tow claim in less than 24 hours once we filed that.

Sounds like the appropriate level of mayhem. He probably just had a normal claim. 

• Like 2
On 4/9/2018 at 2:44 PM, Osaurus said:

:goodposting:  Dropped them after they raised my rates $400 for no reason whatsoever (other than greed).  

Don't be ridiculous. They had to make up for a blackhawks fan's wife's oilpan claim. 

Edited by Bob Sacamano
Wine
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Don't be ridiculous. They had to make up for a blackhawks fan's wife's oilpan claim. 

Always a fan of the "wine" edit.

Edited by krista4
Could explain 90% of my posts.
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, UOFI_316 said:

Looks like your couch already solved the problem.  Where can I buy a child eating couch, I have a few I would like to get rid of.

Surprisingly once you start videotaping they shape up