What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (8 Viewers)

TMI

Have an abscess tooth. Waited too long to get it looked at. Went to the dentist, got some antibiotics and an extraction in two weeks.

But the abscess has become like a perfume mister, randomly squirting pus into my mouth :X :X

Pretty gross

TMI

Have an abscess tooth. Waited too long to get it looked at. Went to the dentist, got some antibiotics and an extraction in two weeks.

But the abscess has become like a perfume mister, randomly squirting pus into my mouth :X :X

Pretty gross
root canal down?

####, when i had similar, first thing done was an irrigation/draining of the abscess ... then next visit the RC was completed in one sit.

DRAIN THAT ####ER 

Too far gone for root canal. Getting it extracted when swelling goes down
ok ... but dude has to drain it for you - my periodontist made an incision, used a dam, and made sure it was free of pus - dunno why yours is still squirting  :shrug: he should've done ya right. 

Pick me up at Bay Beach. I wanna hit the Zippin Pippin beforehand to get the proper level of adrenaline flowing
last time i rode that, and it will be my last time, the final bump nearly put me in traction.

that thing is so rickety and bumpy. not made for 40 year old fat guys backs.

sorry, @Fuller

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just learned my stepgrandmother died.  No TPW necessary; she was mostly a sweet lady but said something seriously racist to me once, so I didn't dig her overall.  I do, however, dig my stepmother and her sisters, nieces, nephews, etc., so even though stepmother said she strongly believed I didn't need to come for the funeral, I have to, don't I?

Don't post that "You Go to the Funeral" essay, please.

Bah, I already told her I'm going anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just learned my stepgrandmother died.  No TPW necessary; she was mostly a sweet lady but said something seriously racist to me once, so I didn't dig her overall.  I do, however, dig my stepmother and her sisters, nieces, nephews, etc., so even though stepmother said she strongly believed I didn't need to come for the funeral, I have to, don't I?

IMO you are doing the right thing.  Funerals aren't as much for the dead person (unless you had a strong relationship with him/her), but more for the people left behind.  If you care about them, and it sounds like you do, then going to the funeral is the right thing to do.

IMO you are doing the right thing.  Funerals aren't as much for the dead person (unless you had a strong relationship with him/her), but more for the people left behind.  If you care about them, and it sounds like you do, then going to the funeral is the right thing to do.
Thanks for this.  I needed a reminder of the bolded.  You're right.

Remember her in her own special racist way and move on.  Maybe boycott Starbuck’s for a day in her honor.

A.  Good for you for going.  Agree with RemoteControl1994 that you would be there for others.  Even though funerals suck and I don't want one but my wife and son both tell me I will DEF have one -- and we all know I'm totally dying first.  Thanks vodka.

B. Isn't it crazy interesting how racism can sour us?  A few years back one of my Dad's 8 (EIGHT!!) siblings visited our area and took my family and me out for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.  They live in Texas.  My uncle is a low.....LLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW.......rent Limbaugh.  I tend to be right of center myself, but his comments about the servers and Mexicans in general and immigration.  My GOD he peed me off.  I knew every one of those people serving us, personally, and knew whether they were here legally or not they worked their butts off and paid their taxes and sent money to Mexico to support people there and gave to local causes and donated to our local chamber of commerce and are INCREDIBLY UPSTANDING CITIZENS.   Much more than tons of stupid Caucasians in my life.  Gosh he made me mad.  So ever since then I've had nothing to do with him, refused his advances on facebook, left his letters unanswered, and want none of his estate if offered.  What a D.  

A.  Good for you for going.  Agree with RemoteControl1994 that you would be there for others.  Even though funerals suck and I don't want one but my wife and son both tell me I will DEF have one -- and we all know I'm totally dying first.  Thanks vodka.

B. Isn't it crazy interesting how racism can sour us?  A few years back one of my Dad's 8 (EIGHT!!) siblings visited our area and took my family and me out for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.  They live in Texas.  My uncle is a low.....LLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW.......rent Limbaugh.  I tend to be right of center myself, but his comments about the servers and Mexicans in general and immigration.  My GOD he peed me off.  I knew every one of those people serving us, personally, and knew whether they were here legally or not they worked their butts off and paid their taxes and sent money to Mexico to support people there and gave to local causes and donated to our local chamber of commerce and are INCREDIBLY UPSTANDING CITIZENS.   Much more than tons of stupid Caucasians in my life.  Gosh he made me mad.  So ever since then I've had nothing to do with him, refused his advances on facebook, left his letters unanswered, and want none of his estate if offered.  What a D.  
A.  Don't die.

B.  But if you have to die, vodka is a good reason.

C.  Sorry about your ####ty uncle/LRL.  What my stepgrandmother did:  two of my best friends since junior high were a black man and a white woman, who dated for a while when we were in high school, then got married and had the most awesome daughter ever on Earth.  At some point the stepgrandmother said to me that she didn't see the blue birds and the red birds mixing together in her backyard, so she didn't see why humans should do it either.  Setting aside her impeccable logic, it tainted all my thoughts of her thereafter.

A.  Don't die.

B.  But if you have to die, vodka is a good reason.

C.  Sorry about your ####ty uncle/LRL.  What my stepgrandmother did:  two of my best friends since junior high were a black man and a white woman, who dated for a while when we were in high school, then got married and had the most awesome daughter ever on Earth.  At some point the stepgrandmother said to me that she didn't see the blue birds and the red birds mixing together in her backyard, so she didn't see why humans should do it either.  Setting aside her impeccable logic, it tainted all my thoughts of her thereafter.
A + B. I feel like I've got at least 6 good years left. :)  

C. Sigh.  I don't blame you at all.

My dad died recently.  There were some people that he didn't "get along with"  that showed up at the funeral.  Even one that I had specifically hoped would not show up.  In hind site, I'm glad they all did.  It was respectful. 

Wasn't any racist #### involved or anything,  but just wanted to offer a different perspective.

My dad died recently.  There were some people that he didn't "get along with"  that showed up at the funeral.  Even one that I had specifically hoped would not show up.  In hind site, I'm glad they all did.  It was respectful. 

Wasn't any racist #### involved or anything,  but just wanted to offer a different perspective.
I'm sorry for the loss of your dad.  I appreciate the perspective.

To be clear, no issues that anyone knew of between me and the stepgrandmother.  I never told another soul what she had said, nor did I say anything to her about it - I was in high school when she said it and I was too young/stupid to do anything.  I love the whole family, who've been in my life since I was six years old.  That was just something that made me see her differently.

When I die, I want someone to stand in front of my coffin dressed as the Grim Reaper without saying a word to anyone.

I'm going to put a stipulation in my will that there must be at least 4 very large bouncers at my funeral.  

I will also have a list of people that are not allowed to show up.  

Is 5 days a reasonable amount of time to take off after the death of an immediate family member? I will be traveling to a different state for the funeral

Wife broke her ring finger today and didn’t take her wedding ring off.  Had to be cut off.  Do I just take this to a jeweler and say “Fix this”? Recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife broke her ring finger today and didn’t take her wedding ring off.  Had to be cut off.  Do I just take this to a jeweler and say “Fox this”? Recommendations?
I mixed up my antecedents and thought at first that her finger had to be cut off.   :shock:

But I don't know the answer to your question.

Users who are viewing this thread