Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

Actually joined a weekly 9 hole couples league this year with the Mrs. We were paired up with a couple we've never met before. It was a mother and son, who was picking up the slack for the dad who couldn't be there. 

As I'm waiting on the first tee box, I'm listening to the conversation the son is having with someone else. He's about to start dog handling school so he can man the dogs that sniff for bombs and drugs. 

Decided it was in my best interest to not smoke up. Couple that with no beer cart on the course that late on a Spring Monday and I played 9 holes completely sober for the first time in..... well, in maybe forever. 

• Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

So seriously, I have played maybe 10 rounds in my life and none in 35 years. Would I be stupid to take this morning's lesson stoned? Or could it help me mellow out and get in a groove. I intend to play stoned in the future.

Its one lesson. If it works, run with it. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

So seriously, I have played maybe 10 rounds in my life and none in 35 years. Would I be stupid to take this morning's lesson stoned? Or could it help me mellow out and get in a groove. I intend to play stoned in the future.

You practice how you play.

2 hours ago, Thorn said:

My test for "do you need a will" is, if the answer to any of these is yes, you need one:

Would you like something different to happen to your assets than what the intestacy (no will) laws say?

Do you have any minor children, or adult children that cannot handle finances?

Do you have anyone with special needs you want to leave something to?

Do you want to do any charitable giving?

Do you know where you're going to?

Do you like the things that life is showing you?

Where are you going to, do you know?

Do you get what you're hoping for?

FYP

1 hour ago, pricklypete said:

You practice how you play.

Thanks. Did really well on the short game, but all my drives belong to the left side of the range. Practice may be important for this whole thing.

2 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Everything is better when stoned.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, cosjobs said:

you're already overthinking this.  get stoned. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Open your club face.

bend your knees, weight on your toes, don't bend your left arm (assuming you're not some kind of filthy lefty), keep your head down

Just now, Epic Problem said:

bend your knees, weight on your toes, don't bend your left arm (assuming you're not some kind of filthy lefty), keep your head down

Like at a glory hole?

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Thorn said:

My test for "do you need a will" is, if the answer to any of these is yes, you need one:

Would you like something different to happen to your assets than what the intestacy (no will) laws say?

Do you have any minor children, or adult children that cannot handle finances?

Do you have anyone with special needs you want to leave something to?

Do you want to do any charitable giving?

Of course that's a really rough guide, and based on my understanding of my state law.

As I read this, it occurs too me that we have my sister as my 11 y-o daughter's guardian if anything happens to us. And I think I'd trust the 11 y-o more with managing the money.  :unsure:

• Like 2

I feeling a little restless this afternoon, I think I'll try GMs advice and go to the 19th hole and order an open face club sandwich. Not sure How its going to help, but hey, I'm fat.

• Like 1

I’m watching my wife’s cousin’s kid this afternoon. Letting him have free reign of the TV has been a painful experience and I can’t help but think that Beverly Hill Chiwawa Part III isn’t about to change that. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

I’m watching my wife’s cousin’s kid this afternoon. Letting him have free reign of the TV has been a painful experience and I can’t help but think that Beverly Hill Chiwawa Part III isn’t about to change that. 

If you haven't seen the first two, I think you'll be a little lost in this one.

• Like 4
Just now, General Malaise said:

Asked him if I needed to worry about that.

Actually true. 

3 hours ago, Epic Problem said:

That is a problem, just not sure if it is epic

• Like 2
1 hour ago, St. Louis Bob said:

Thanks GB, I try.  I don't always succeed, but I try.

Pretty sure I'm going to have a long slow messy demise. Glad to know my support system is in place.

My wife and I need to do our wills.  We are leaving pretty much everything to each other or charity if the other or their family is already deceased.  That’s pretty much it.

Edited by Osaurus
23 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Pretty sure I'm going to have a long slow messy demise. Glad to know my support system is in place.

I always figured you for a Leaving Las Vegas kind of guy.  Like myself. 

20 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Not really. It’s just a bunch of Mexicans running around ####in

is there some nutritional value in sticks/twigs that drives my dog to eat them? is her eating them sign of an underlying medical condition? 

or is she just a stupid ####### dog?

3 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

is there some nutritional value in sticks/twigs that drives my dog to eat them? is her eating them sign of an underlying medical condition? 

I think it’s the latter

8 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

Have you been doggy proctologist yet?  If not, consider yourself lucky.

1 minute ago, Osaurus said:

Have you been doggy proctologist yet?  If not, consider yourself lucky.

my wife has expressed an anal gland or two in her time :coffee:

13 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

Dogs need to chew on things.