What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

Actually joined a weekly 9 hole couples league this year with the Mrs. We were paired up with a couple we've never met before. It was a mother and son, who was picking up the slack for the dad who couldn't be there. 

As I'm waiting on the first tee box, I'm listening to the conversation the son is having with someone else. He's about to start dog handling school so he can man the dogs that sniff for bombs and drugs. 

Decided it was in my best interest to not smoke up. Couple that with no beer cart on the course that late on a Spring Monday and I played 9 holes completely sober for the first time in..... well, in maybe forever. 

My test for "do you need a will" is, if the answer to any of these is yes, you need one:

Would you like something different to happen to your assets than what the intestacy (no will) laws say?

Do you have any minor children, or adult children that cannot handle finances?

Do you have anyone with special needs you want to leave something to?

Do you want to do any charitable giving?

Do you know where you're going to?

Do you like the things that life is showing you?

Where are you going to, do you know?

Do you get what you're hoping for?
FYP

So seriously, I have played maybe 10 rounds in my life and none in 35 years. Would I be stupid to take this morning's lesson stoned? Or could it help me mellow out and get in a groove. I intend to play stoned in the future.
you're already overthinking this.  get stoned. 

My test for "do you need a will" is, if the answer to any of these is yes, you need one:

Would you like something different to happen to your assets than what the intestacy (no will) laws say?

Do you have any minor children, or adult children that cannot handle finances?

Do you have anyone with special needs you want to leave something to?

Do you want to do any charitable giving?

Of course that's a really rough guide, and based on my understanding of my state law.
As I read this, it occurs too me that we have my sister as my 11 y-o daughter's guardian if anything happens to us. And I think I'd trust the 11 y-o more with managing the money.  :unsure:

I feeling a little restless this afternoon, I think I'll try GMs advice and go to the 19th hole and order an open face club sandwich. Not sure How its going to help, but hey, I'm fat.

I’m watching my wife’s cousin’s kid this afternoon. Letting him have free reign of the TV has been a painful experience and I can’t help but think that Beverly Hill Chiwawa Part III isn’t about to change that. 

My wife and I need to do our wills.  We are leaving pretty much everything to each other or charity if the other or their family is already deceased.  That’s pretty much it.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a simple will that basically states who gets guardianship of the kids if we both die...maybe something about finances.  I should probably review it to see if all 3 kids are even included

is there some nutritional value in sticks/twigs that drives my dog to eat them? is her eating them sign of an underlying medical condition? 

or is she just a stupid ####### dog?

is there some nutritional value in sticks/twigs that drives my dog to eat them? is her eating them sign of an underlying medical condition? 

or is she just a stupid ####### dog?
Have you been doggy proctologist yet?  If not, consider yourself lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread