What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (9 Viewers)

In at 1ish, up at 6:30. Had a fun time with gb @kevzilla last night up on Fremont.  5 drink stops is a new record for me.  :bag:   Spending time with my sister today.  She’s gonna show me the sites  :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm losing my mind.

In the midst of everything else going on, on the way to work this morning Mr. krista had a car accident; I suspect they'll just total the car.  He's OK physically, but here's a short summary of his last week:

Saturday - our friend nearly choked on a scallop Mr krista had cooked; we all witnessed her lose breathing for 6-7 minutes (this is NOT pretty) and lose her heartbeat for some period of time.

Sunday - hospital time on what is probably his only "vacation" through the end of the year

Monday - see Sunday, plus the 330-mile drive back to our house

Tuesday - worked about eight hours on his "day off"

Wednesday - worked 16 hours

Thursday - worked 15 hours

Friday - car accident on way to work around 8 a.m.; came back home and got my car and is still at work

So though my week has been pretty ####ty, it's better than his.  Nevertheless, I'm under such stress that last night I poured cat food into my wine glass.  For ####'s sake.
God, I’m sorry.  That’s rough.  I hope things even out for you guys and you win a house raffle or something.  

Name of my uber driver last night
I had a deposition in New Orleans last week. Rather than have to pay parking twice, I grabbed an Uber to the lunch spot I was meeting someone.  My driver on the way was the former owner of the greatest independent bookstore I’d ever been to, and had to close it a year ago. 

Maple Street Book Shop.  They used to sell bumper stickers that said “fight the stupids.”

I guess the stupids won. 

So sorry for your lost, gm. :(

I had fever anxiety dreams last week while fighting a flu. My fever dreams are usually trippy as ####, but worthwhile for a laugh or two if I remember them. This dream was stuck in loop- probably had it a dozen times in a row...every time the exact same, with only my awareness of the loop or even my own dream/awake-state varying.

I'm standing outside on the sidewalk in front of a small music venue in too hip Red Hook, Brooklyn where floppinho played recently.. a place called the Jalopy Playhouse. In my hands are a small stack of DOB paperwork- PW1 forms to be exact (look them up if you want some real fancy scarfy excitement), that I have to get signed by my clients. That's it. Over and over and over to the point where I'm trying to will myself in my dream (or was I awake?) into something- anything- remotely more interesting...like doing my taxes or plunging the toilet (which is my real life stuck in loop existence). Drinking cat food out of a wine glass it ain't... I wish it was exciting as that. A good fever dream wasted imo.

I had a deposition in New Orleans last week. Rather than have to pay parking twice, I grabbed an Uber to the lunch spot I was meeting someone.  My driver on the way was the former owner of the greatest independent bookstore I’d ever been to, and had to close it a year ago. 

Maple Street Book Shop.  They used to sell bumper stickers that said “fight the stupids.”

I guess the stupids won. 
Thanks Bezos

Thanks for all the thropwas everybody.  I'm doing alright, hanging out with family and friends, tipping back cold ones, grilling and enjoying 80 degree weather.  Despite being a little sad, I'm relieved my mom is no longer suffering and that the near daily (sometimes multiple times per day) trips to the hospital are over.  My dad gets a break now; he was her primary caregiver for the last couple of years and it got really hard towards the last 6 months.  He can relax now, even if the love of his life is gone.  Married 48 years.  Not bad!  

It was nice to be there by her side the day she passed. Never experienced that but it was important to be there and hold her as she moved on to greener pastures.  My dad had her head, my wife and sister had her hands, I rubbed her feet and talked to her as she died.  I joked later that there just isn't enough of me to cling on to for all my kids and other loved ones when I go, but I figure if I didn't, you guys would.  

Hope you all have a great Mother's Day today with your special ladies and thanks again for all the kind words and thoughts.  

Also, @kevzilla, if you aren't going to show off your majestic hair in a shot video in Vegas, can you at least go out and buy a Sigfried and Roy wig to fake magical hair for the rest of us?  Expectations and all that....

I was going to come in here and complain about traveling.  Was supposed to fly out at 6:00, but it was delayed until 7:00 so I decided to stay at my parents' a little longer, but then I got a notification it was back on time, so rushed to the airport and boarded, only to deplane because it was delayed until 8:45.

But after reading GM's post, it made me appreciate the extra hour I got to spend with my mom today.  I'm starting to worry about her mental capacity.  My grandma had Alzheimer's, and there is a known hereditary link. 

Continued love, @General Malaise.  Hope we can get together again sometime.

spent 3.5 hours in the dentist's chair today.  neat.  

drinking now.  i've discovered i'm very adept at creating a dam with my tongue, to keep the cold delicious beer away from the tooth he worked on.
Have a tooth that’s a 7/10 pain constantly. Can’t get it fixed till Thursday. FML. 

Feeling pretty good that our normal Yacht Rock Pandora station isn't good enough for my boy anymore.  Just sat down for "Drunken Mother's Day Game Night" and my boy requested AC/DC Pandora station.  I need no Father's Day gift.  My work is done here.
what games dominate the DMDGM?  

tell them 10. Used to get you morphine, might get you Tramadol now
went to urgent care a few years ago because my throat had closed up. had to gulp air to get minimal breath. i was freaking out. no pain. just could not breathe at all and thought i was going to black out from lack of oxygen.

doc asks me "scale of 1 - 10, what's your pain level"

i tell the guy "none! but i can barely breathe!"

so he gave me a nasal spray & scrip for 3 month supply of Vicodin then sent me packing. 

apparently i look like a pill popper

Animals are the worst.

We use a big 1 gallon water bowl for our pets https://goo.gl/images/nrnqj9

Everytime it needs to be refilled I make sure I scrub the bowl out really well.  About every other time I make sure I wash out the reservoir part too.

Did all of that earlier today.

5 minutes later I walk by and one of them barfed in it.
why not when there's a servant to clean it up? You should see what I do t hotel rooms

went to urgent care a few years ago because my throat had closed up. had to gulp air to get minimal breath. i was freaking out. no pain. just could not breathe at all and thought i was going to black out from lack of oxygen.

doc asks me "scale of 1 - 10, what's your pain level"

i tell the guy "none! but i can barely breathe!"

so he gave me a nasal spray & scrip for 3 month supply of Vicodin then sent me packing. 

apparently i look like a pill popper
JFC

I cut a damn gash in my index finger that required X-rays to make sure the knife didn’t hit bone.  The doctor gave me a scrip for Ibuprofen.  Thanks, Dr. Butthole.

I’m calling CPS. 
Shut it.

We just heard 2008 Journey Don't Stop....if joeb could have heard my Journey 2008 Lead Singer's Pronunciation of our DRMD's Thai Food Dinner (hint: it included Drunken Noodle) he would pee his pants like my 13 year old 7th grader did......and then delete this thread because it offends him.     :whistle:  

I missed about a week and half of the FFA.

What is everything whining about? Did a bunch of threads get deleted? People get banned?

I missed about a week and half of the FFA.

What is everything whining about? Did a bunch of threads get deleted? People get banned?
Who’s hottest threads purged along with any thread that had pictures of women (over 50, oddly attractive, etc)

a few bannings but nobody noteworthy 

Some hail damaged planes here in Denver resulting in some cancelled flights.  Lots of folks with a case of the Mondays.  :bag:

Every year we're supposed to give out a Student the Year award...one kid from each class period per subject.

Every year there are a few teachers that are worried that the same kids will end up with all the awards.  I've never worried about this.  If one kid gets an award in English, Science, and History...good for them.

This morning one of these teachers sent out and email asking all of us who we were giving awards to so she could make sure we weren't giving all of the awards to the same 10-12 kids.

1.  I haven't even begun to decide who I want.

2. I don't care if the awards are spread around.

I submitted my names. 

Rock Strongo

Lance Uppercut

Chuck Steak

Horse Renoir

Chex Lemeneu

Oscar Gold

Tilden Katz

When did the US become the land of the participation award?  It wasn't like that when I was in high school in the late 80s.

When did the US become the land of the participation award?  It wasn't like that when I was in high school in the late 80s.
Well it's not quite a "participation award" deal.   I have over 180 kids.  But I have to choose 6 to give an award to.  It's tough to narrow it down.  Let's say Chuck qualifies for an award in Reading.  But the Reading teacher knows that Chuck is already getting an award in Math, she might give the award to another deserving student.  

It's not a big deal but I just choose not to worry about it.  

tell them 10. Used to get you morphine, might get you Tramadol now
Boy, this is for damn sure.  I'm not a pill popper and I'm generally terrified of all things pain pill related, so I was unaware how difficult these narcotics are now to obtain.  But I became acutely aware of the situation while at the hospital the last few weeks.  Towards the end, they were giving my mom diluadid (sp?) and the head nurse feared they might not have enough in supply to keep her comfortable throughout, so they were looking at alternatives.  I heard more drug names the last few days than I had in 4 years of college where I actively seeked them all out.  

Thanks Obama!

Users who are viewing this thread