Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

1 hour ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Sorry for the Facebook link but...

Here’s Oildale for you.

https://www.facebook.com/KGET17News/posts/10155703664666314

1. Yes, Olivia Lavoice is smokin hot

2.  The family at 1:49 is the typical Oildale family.  Love the guy on the right.

3.  The supernintendo did a good job taking the blame.

:lmao:

• Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Here’s Oildale for you.

2.  The family at 1:49 is the typical Oildale family.  Love the guy on the right.

This is for MIDDLE school?  WTF?

Olivia, hai!

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Here’s Oildale for you.

Does Olivia have some sort of eye issue? That non-stop blinking is freakish.

• Like 3

Got an invite in the mail today for a friend's wedding.  Expected this to be arriving soon, but didn't expect that the wedding would be in Argentina, in October.  While I'd love to go (and probably will anyway), doesn't an invite in June for an October wedding in a different hemisphere telegraph "We really don't want you to come but hope you'll send a nice gift"?

• Like 6
16 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Got an invite in the mail today for a friend's wedding.  Expected this to be arriving soon, but didn't expect that the wedding would be in Argentina, in October.  While I'd love to go (and probably will anyway), doesn't an invite in June for an October wedding in a different hemisphere telegraph "We really don't want you to come but hope you'll send a nice gift"?

I hear you, did nazi that coming.

• Like 7

Couple of tidbits

Cal signed for a furniture delivery when we weren't home and they didn't ask for an ID or if he was 18. Insanity.

I was at a seminar recently and the woman introduced me with "I know everyone here probably knows Bob but here he is Bob ...". 

99% of the people there had NO IDEA who I was but it was like injecting ego directly into me eyeballs.

• Like 6
39 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Yeah, that's kind of odd they gave their friends advance notice but left out that is was on another continent and when it was going to be.

BTW, how's the new house coming? (not the one you'll buy in Argentina while you're at the wedding, but the one being built)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, krista4 said:

Where in Argentina?  My sister got married in Córdoba   Fun trip!  Eat as much ice cream as possible in Buenos Aires.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, krista4 said:

Yes, and I think overall they are saying they want a small wedding since I doubt a lot of the people who would go if it were local could go to this one. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, krista4 said:

That's, like, 4 whole months.  Plenty of time to find a house to purchase down there to stay in for the wedding.

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
  • Like 4

Tried one of those online grocery orders where you go pick it up at the store because I had a coupon for $20 off $50.  Pretty sure I clicked No Substitutions yet anyway I got several, including some of the following 

Breakfast Blend Coffee substituted with Kuerig cleaning pods

hamburger dill pickle chips (these are the pickle chips you put on hamburgers) substituted with Pickle flavored potato chips

• Like 10
12 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Yeah, that's kind of odd they gave their friends advance notice but left out that is was on another continent and when it was going to be.

BTW, how's the new house coming? (not the one you'll buy in Argentina while you're at the wedding, but the one being built)

Coming along.  Still scheduled for delivery 7/25.  That side of the equation is going well, but getting the current house ready to put on the market in a couple of months is a huge PITA.  I'm going a bit mad.

9 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Where in Argentina?  My sister got married in Córdoba   Fun trip!  Eat as much ice cream as possible in Buenos Aires.  

Mendoza

2 minutes ago, IMAX 3D said:

hamburger dill pickle chips (these are the pickle chips you put on hamburgers) substituted with Pickle flavored potato chips

• Like 1

A US citizen ex-pat was killed in Nicaragua last night.  A friend sent me a video of it (note:  don't watch a video of it), and it's confirmed by the US embassy.  Hundreds killed and thousands injured in the last six weeks or so as this is turning into an all-out civil war.  Groceries are about out of food and shutting down.  Banks and gas stations are closing, too.  Hospitals are open for now.  I'm terrified for my friends down there, and there's not a single ####### thing to do to help.  

Maybe the gruesome death of a US citizen might finally get the situation some media and other attention up here.  So far the US reaction has been only to shut down the granting of visas to Nica citizens a few weeks ago.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, St. Louis Bob said:

I hear you, did nazi that coming.

30 minutes ago, IMAX 3D said:

Oh and my five-year-old was calling his six-year-old brother an #######.

Is he?

13 hours ago, St. Louis Bob said:

Couple of tidbits

Cal signed for a furniture delivery when we weren't home and they didn't ask for an ID or if he was 18. Insanity.

I was at a seminar recently and the woman introduced me with "I know everyone here probably knows Bob but here he is Bob ...". 

Hide contents

99% of the people there had NO IDEA who I was but it was like injecting ego directly into me eyeballs.

I would think hiding that giant boner was probably the hardest part.  

4 hours ago, krista4 said:

Coming along.  Still scheduled for delivery 7/25.  That side of the equation is going well, but getting the current house ready to put on the market in a couple of months is a huge PITA.  I'm going a bit mad.

You have sheetrock up - things will happen fast because trades can pile on top of themselves now.

I think, if I ever have to sell my house, I'll just burn it down.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, krista4 said:

A US citizen ex-pat was killed in Nicaragua last night.  A friend sent me a video of it (note:  don't watch a video of it), and it's confirmed by the US embassy.  Hundreds killed and thousands injured in the last six weeks or so as this is turning into an all-out civil war.  Groceries are about out of food and shutting down.  Banks and gas stations are closing, too.  Hospitals are open for now.  I'm terrified for my friends down there, and there's not a single ####### thing to do to help.  

Maybe the gruesome death of a US citizen might finally get the situation some media and other attention up here.  So far the US reaction has been only to shut down the granting of visas to Nica citizens a few weeks ago.

Yikes. Heard anything from Julio? Now that I think on it, he hasn't posted on the myspacebook in a while.

@mr. furley

Saw this on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/nottheonion/comments/8o4npd/wisconsin_police_finally_arrest_serial_toilet/

“Wisconsin police finally arrest 'serial toilet clogger'

Considered posting it then I noticed that the redditor linked a Bakersfield news station instead of the Sheboygan Sun-Times or the Gibbsville Gazette. Then I knew I HAD to post it. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Ah the tonsillectomy capital of the southern hemisphere

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Yikes. Heard anything from Julio? Now that I think on it, he hasn't posted on the myspacebook in a while.

I hear from him just about every day, giving me updates on how bad things are (though he is not the one who sent the gruesome video).  I feel completely helpless - there's nothing I can do for him.  Granada has not seen much violence, as the really bad stuff is mostly centered in Managua and Masaya.  But with groceries and gas stations closing, it's getting very dire there quickly.  And of course tourism is zero now.

Edited by krista4
9 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Yep, that’s the guy.  He was stripped naked and tortured before being shot in the head.  

ETA:  Sorry to posty the thread up.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 1

WWYD here as a Dad?

So my son-in-laws sister had her first baby shower yesterday in the OC.   My daughter, wife, 3 and 1 yr old grand daughters drove 1000 miles from Boise for the event. My daughter also spent 8 hours Friday and Saturday morning helping set up the event in a huge backyard for about 50 guests.   All out on the decoarations and such. My daughter and her SIL are very good friends.

This afternoon, three dozen pictures of the party were posted from the party on FB.  Not one of them had my daughter or her two daughters. Even her younger, usually oblivious to these type of things brother noticed.   Two of the pictures (because one could not fit them all closely) were of all the SisterIL's mom friends with their babies and toddlers. 14 moms in total.  I was livid after seeing those.

SonIL was in South Carolina for the weekend in a wedding for an old, good friend.
My wife flew up to Bay area when they got there Thursday to help her 88 yr old parents clean out their garage/house. She flew back to OC this morning and is driving back with daughter and her kids.

How should I respond on FB?

Edited by Getzlaf15
5 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

WWYD here as a Dad?

So my son-in-laws sister had her first baby shower yesterday in the OC.   My daughter, wife, 3 and 1 yr old grand daughters drove 1000 miles from Boise for the event. My daughter also spent 8 hours Friday and Saturday morning helping set up the event in a huge backyard for about 50 guests.   All out on the decoarations and such. My daughter and her SIL are very good friends.

This afternoon, three dozen pictures of the party were posted from the party on FB.  Not one of them had my daughter or her two daughters. Even her younger, usually oblivious to these type of things brother noticed.   Two of the pictures (because one could not fit them all closely) were of all the SisterIL's mom friends with their babies and toddlers. 14 moms in total.  I was livid after seeing those.

SonIL was in South Carolina for the weekend in a wedding for an old, good friend.
My wife flew up to Bay area when they got there Thursday to help her 88 yr old parents clean out their garage/house. She flew back to OC this morning and is driving back with daughter and her kids.

Don't. Not worth it.

In FB Family battles, no one wins

Walk away slowly and quietly and relatively unscathed. 

Edited by cosjobs
  • Like 14
19 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

WWYD here as a Dad?

You shouldn't. 

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Don't. Not worth it.

In FB Family battles, no one wins

Walk away slowly and quietly and relatively unscathed. 

Not even, "Were A, T, and K all too sick to make the pictures?"

3 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

:kicksrock:

Believe me, you will end up far ahead of any other position you take. Let your daughter/wife/whatever know you love them and they got screwed, but it is ok because its family and you have to play the long game.

• Like 2
Just now, cosjobs said:

Believe me, you will end up far ahead of any other position you take. Let your daughter/wife/whatever know you love them and they got screwed, but it is ok because its family and you have to play the long game.

not even send her a picture of the three of them as a gift when the kid gets here?