What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (13 Viewers)

Julio tried to get to the ATM today - we funnel money to him through an ATM card that accesses an account we use solely for this purpose.  No way to get to the ATM due to the violence now.  He is going to try again tomorrow, but he's been told they're out of money anyway.

Another friend and I have been discussing trying to meet him in Guatemala or Panama to deliver him supplies ourselves.  The problem is that there is no way for him to get to the airport in Managua.  For a while you could still get around the blockades by taking tiny dirt roads but even that is not possible anymore, and it is wholly unsafe to try.  Now we're researching other small airports he could get to, which would fly him into Managua and he could connect from there.  Hopefully the airport would be safe for him at least.  Until a day or so ago he could have gotten to Liberia in Costa Rica, but we've heard that Costa Rica has now shut down visas for Nica citizens.  Trying to confirm whether that's true or just a rumor.

So in sum...there is violence everywhere, there is no food, there is no way to get money, there is no gas, and there is no way to get in or out.
:(

Yeah.  We were just there at the end of January, and it was as you knew it - beautiful and peaceful and safe.  I can't believe how quickly it has become a catastrophe.
It's nuts how fast this has turned. My wife's  cousin was just there, hanging out with Julio   

It's nuts how fast this has turned. My wife's  cousin was just there, hanging out with Julio   
I was thinking of her today.  I know she’s in the midst of a move so not sure she’s keeping up on everything.  Glad she had an amazing visit before it turned.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Amusing side note to the fire emergency deal the other day...I posted a bunch of pics and videos of the burn area on the facebooks in a neighborhood forum.  I got many likes and comments and what not. One of them was a terribly written message about having a mutual friend. Wut?  I looked at our mutual friend and it was studs and duds. :lmao:   we chatted and may have a beer in the future. He was/is draftnik I believe. Small world. 
cool... I have studs on my all-time top 5 list of people i would like to have a beer with.

Yeah.  We were just there at the end of January, and it was as you knew it - beautiful and peaceful and safe.  I can't believe how quickly it has become a catastrophe.
This is breaking my heart. Not so much for the amazing architecture being damaged (though that, in itself, is tragic), but more for the beautiful people I met there and their suffering.

What are you hearing the ex-pats in Granada are doing?

This morning, roverkid called me lazy because I work from home and mostly just wear shorts and a t-shirt.

This afternoon, she asked me why I couldn't take her to her gun-control protest on Tuesday (I made arrangements for her to get a ride), and I told her it was because I'm trying to settle a case that will pay for her college tuition, and I need to spend the next couple weeks focused on that.

She looked at me and asked, "Will that case really pay for my college?"

Me:  "Probably."

Her: "Then can I get a Tesla?"

She's 13.

This is breaking my heart. Not so much for the amazing architecture being damaged (though that, in itself, is tragic), but more for the beautiful people I met there and their suffering.

What are you hearing the ex-pats in Granada are doing?
The ones I know are staying there so far, because most have other people they're responsible for who can't get out.  Wives, kids, friends, whatever.

This morning I heard that some men in trucks had driven up to the market in Granada and started shooting, but I haven't received confirmation.  Julio had sent pictures from the market not long before that so we were desperately trying to reach him.  Turned out he had left prior to that, thank god.

I saw a video today from a walk down the Calzada at 2:20 pm.  All the businesses closed, no one in the streets.  So weird to see.  I guess no one in the streets is better than some of the alternatives, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning, roverkid called me lazy because I work from home and mostly just wear shorts and a t-shirt.

This afternoon, she asked me why I couldn't take her to her gun-control protest on Tuesday (I made arrangements for her to get a ride), and I told her it was because I'm trying to settle a case that will pay for her college tuition, and I need to spend the next couple weeks focused on that.

She looked at me and asked, "Will that case really pay for my college?"

Me:  "Probably."

Her: "Then can I get a Tesla?"

She's 13.
Take that money and send her to the track with it. Boom.

My kids are watching some YouTube compilation of cats getting baths... some of the broads in it are kinda hot (the owners, not the cats)

so, i help my FIL pay his rent monthly (uber long story) and the landlord hasn’t cashed the june rent check.  i told my wife to call him and she said she was too busy with work and he is a PITA, can i call. i said i don’t call my own parent, i’m not calling him (mind you, both my parents are dead).  too harsh?

Is your counter synthetic or natural material based?
Excellent clarifying question.  The countertop is granite (I know, so passé), but there was also a cardboard pizza box between the pizza and the counter.
OK then...coming from a bachelor with deplorable habits, I'd give the fridge 2 weeks and the granite counter top 8 hours (but I KNOW 8 hours is way too long)...

...I live life on the edge!  :thumbup:

OK then...coming from a bachelor with deplorable habits, I'd give the fridge 2 weeks and the granite counter top 8 hours (but I KNOW 8 hours is way too long)...

With a base level of 4 beers, every additional  beer after that will extend the life of the counter pizza by an hour.

So at 6 beers, the pizza is good for 10 hours. At 8 beers you can basically have it for breakfast the next day.

With a base level of 4 beers, every additional  beer after that will extend the life of the counter pizza by an hour.

So at 6 beers, the pizza is good for 10 hours. At 8 beers you can basically have it for breakfast the next day.
<recalibrating my edge-meter>  :nerd:

Thnx Rust! 

Fourth in my ongoing “Should I Eat This?” series:

How long is leftover pizza viable (1) on the counter and (2) in the fridge?

Additional topping-related information available upon request.
My college me would say it's still good after a lot longer than my 40 something year old me.

Fourth in my ongoing “Should I Eat This?” series:

How long is leftover pizza viable (1) on the counter and (2) in the fridge?

Additional topping-related information available upon request.

Counter - 24 hours easily.

Fridge - no idea.  Cold pizza is disgusting.
Yeah 24 hr for the counter 

fridge I’d say up to a week, but I’ve found reheating pizza at 450 for 8-10 min on a cookie sheet is pretty dang good

i would say longer than 24 hours with a reheat.  ny by the slice pizzerias have pies pre cooked laying around, though i'm sure less than 24 hours.  pop in the oven at high heat 450-500 for 2-5 minutes and wa la!

Yeah 24 hr for the counter 

fridge I’d say up to a week, but I’ve found reheating pizza at 450 for 8-10 min on a cookie sheet is pretty dang good
Protip: Cast iron skillet with a lid works great (for a couple of slices at a time), and heats up way faster than the oven.  I drop the burner way down once the pan is hot, so it doesn't burn the crust.

Users who are viewing this thread