Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 87.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Officer Pete Malloy

    5008

  • General Malaise

    4491

  • El Floppo

    4230

  • kevzilla

    3101

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Thanks for all the thropwas everybody.  I'm doing alright, hanging out with family and friends, tipping back cold ones, grilling and enjoying 80 degree weather.  Despite being a little sad, I'm reliev

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Fifth in the series:  Should I Eat This?

This hard-boiled egg I put in my backpack 11.5 hours ago?

I’d say it’s still good. Used to love the things. Now, for some reason they make me queezy even thinking about them. No bad experience with them, so there’s no logic behind this change in what I like.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

I’d say it’s still good. Used to love the things. Now, for some reason they make me queezy even thinking about them. No bad experience with them, so there’s no logic behind this change in what I like.

 

I'm just the opposite.  Only started eating them maybe 9-12 months ago and now have them frequently.  They make a great hiking snack for a burst of energy.  I ate the other one I had about four hours into the hike (was still great), but now I'm home and wondered if the other one in my pack was still viable.  Think I'll encolden it a bit and then go for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I'm just the opposite.  Only started eating them maybe 9-12 months ago and now have them frequently.  They make a great hiking snack for a burst of energy.  I ate the other one I had about four hours into the hike (was still great), but now I'm home and wondered if the other one in my pack was still viable.  Think I'll encolden it a bit and then go for it.

you'll be fine. I've seen guy eat boiled eggs out of a gallon jar that's been sitting behind the bar forever.

 

 

 

(try no to fart for the sake of other beings in the room)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I'm just the opposite.  Only started eating them maybe 9-12 months ago and now have them frequently.  They make a great hiking snack for a burst of energy.  I ate the other one I had about four hours into the hike (was still great), but now I'm home and wondered if the other one in my pack was still viable.  Think I'll encolden it a bit and then go for it.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, you should discard any perishable foods, including hard-boiled eggs, that have been left at room temperature for longer than two hours. - Oct 3, 2017

These guys have to pretty conservative by the nature of their jobs.  I would imagine your hike was relatively cool ...and eggs are eggspensive.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Fifth in the series:  Should I Eat This?

This hard-boiled egg I put in my backpack 11.5 hours ago?

The gf and I went on a vacation a couple weeks ago. While checking her backpack before packing I found a hard boiled egg that had been in there for...I dunno, but a period of months at least. Then when we came back from vacation I found a string cheese and orange she had left in the car. I'm going to need a new gf or a cleaning company on retainer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. krista's friend Steve is heads-up at the final of the $1500 seven-card stud at the WSOP (killing Jesus along the way), and one of our mutual friends just sent him this text:

"Hey man, I've been really depressed lately, I need someone to talk to.  Do you have an hour or two to spare?  I really need you right now." :lmao: 

Edited by krista4
  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hilts said:

The gf and I went on a vacation a couple weeks ago. While checking her backpack before packing I found a hard boiled egg that had been in there for...I dunno, but a period of months at least. Then when we came back from vacation I found a string cheese and orange she had left in the car. I'm going to need a new gf or a cleaning company on retainer.

Reminds me of when we bought tamales from Tamale Guy in Chicago and then I found some of them in the suitcase like six months later when I pulled it back out.  (Actually did not eat tamales nor even post here to ask!)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

Wonderful. Now I want tamales 

Just head into any bar in the Wicker Park/Ukrainian Village/Bucktown areas of Chicago.  Tamale Guy will be by shortly.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Mr. krista's friend Steve is heads-up at the final of the $1500 seven-card stud at the WSOP (killing Jesus along the way), and one of our mutual friends just sent him this text:

"Hey man, I've been really depressed lately, I need someone to talk to.  Do you have an hour or two to spare?  I really need you right now." :lmao: 

Send him a link to our depression thread ASAP...

...help will arrive. :thumbup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, krista4 said:

Just head into any bar in the Wicker Park/Ukrainian Village/Bucktown area of Chicago.  Tamale Guy will be by shortly.

Before they made all of the food truck ordinances, The Tamale Spaceship would show up close to where I work every two weeks or so. Nothing like getting a couple of pork tamales from a bunch of guys in luche libre masks

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Mr. krista's friend Steve is heads-up at the final of the $1500 seven-card stud at the WSOP (killing Jesus along the way), and one of our mutual friends just sent him this text:

"Hey man, I've been really depressed lately, I need someone to talk to.  Do you have an hour or two to spare?  I really need you right now." :lmao: 

 :lmao:That's awesome...  I have a good poker friend that finished 5th in that today after starting short stacked in 9th. Another friend just busted in the Seniors in 175th out of 5900.

Can't wait to go back the 24th for two more events.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

I have 1 issue with tamales, you ever get a tamale and it turns to be a sweet one? I hate that. The sweet ones aren't  my thing. 

Ewww.  Like, what was in it?  That sounds awful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevzilla said:

This is actually the broken people who drink too much and eat expired food table, but as krista said, the water's fine!

 

Just now, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Have you tried to tamale-swap-meet?

I hear you can make some decent trades.

:lmao:  Both of these deserved more than a mere "like."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, krista4 said:

Ewww.  Like, what was in it?  That sounds awful.

It's like flavored maybe. The tamale looks the same but when you unwrap it, it is pink. I am not a fan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Have you tried to tamale-swap-meet?

I hear you can make some decent trades.

Have not. I just want people to be clear if they are serving sweet tamales. It shouldn't be a surprise that it is a sweet. 

Maybe I just hang out with too many Mexicans? Is this not a real problem for you? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Anybody ever had lumpia? It's kinda the Filipino version of tamales, and they come in both savory and sweet varieties. Pretty good. 

No, but if this is your way of offering, I'm in. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:

Have not. I just want people to be clear if they are serving sweet tamales. It shouldn't be a surprise that it is a sweet. 

Maybe I just hang out with too many Mexicans? Is this not a real problem for you? 

I never have a problem hanging out with Mexicans. :shrug:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Anybody ever had lumpia? It's kinda the Filipino version of tamales, and they come in both savory and sweet varieties. Pretty good. 

Lumpia is/are good, but other than that, Filipino food is all kinds of awful.  The only SE Asian country where the food isn't the best freaking stuff on the planet.  Think most of our meals there were along the lines of "we have mushed rice with some eggs, but put a lizard on top for good luck."

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

I never have a problem hanging out with Mexicans. :shrug:

 

Me neither. Lots of Mexican people in my family. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krista4 said:

I'm just the opposite.  Only started eating them maybe 9-12 months ago and now have them frequently.  They make a great hiking snack for a burst of energy.  I ate the other one I had about four hours into the hike (was still great), but now I'm home and wondered if the other one in my pack was still viable.  Think I'll encolden it a bit and then go for it.

I love hard boiled eggs but they make my breath stink hours later.  Like have 2 for breakfast and then it kills the deal during sexy time even if I've brushed my teeth and eaten and drank other stuff all day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:
2 minutes ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

I never have a problem hanging out with Mexicans. :shrug:

 

Me neither. Lots of Mexican people in my family. 

:thumbup:

Sorry for the snark, btw....but that happens a lot here. ;)

And to be honest, I don't eat enough tamales to know enough to answer anything about them...

 

 

 

...except for...

...24 hours on your granite counter @krista4?

 

EAT IT!!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Abraham said:

I love hard boiled eggs but they make my breath stink hours later.  Like have 2 for breakfast and then it kills the deal during sexy time even if I've brushed my teeth and eaten and drank other stuff all day. 

This is your fault for getting a new girlfriend with whom you get to have sexy time.  You need the ex back! ;) 

(I was just thinking about your post again yesterday, and how much in particular I loved the part where you said your life had seemed to go from black-and-white to color.)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

:thumbup:

Sorry for the snark, btw....but that happens a lot here. ;)

And to be honest, I don't eat enough tamales to know enough to answer anything about them...

 

 

 

...except for...

...24 hours on your granite counter @krista4?

 

EAT IT!!!!!

Oh I didn't take it as snark. My MIL is 100% Mexican so there are always tamales around.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ilov80s, in all seriousness, I think you'd fit in to this group/thread so well.  Though frankly it's a place where anyone could fit, but your posting style actually makes me surprised to hear you haven't been in here all along.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, krista4 said:

@Ilov80s, in all seriousness, I think you'd fit in to this group/thread so well.  Though frankly it's a place where anyone could fit, but your posting style actually makes me surprised to hear you haven't been in here all along.

Thank you, I appreciate that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

@Ilov80s, in all seriousness, I think you'd fit in to this group/thread so well.  Though frankly it's a place where anyone could fit, but your posting style actually makes me surprised to hear you haven't been in here all along.

Yeah...I've been rappin w/ 80s a lot since I got active again.

I agree K.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Cool.

But actually I meant more about mis-answering your very clear question. :bag:

 

lol I just re-read my post. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, krista4 said:

This is your fault for getting a new girlfriend with whom you get to have sexy time.  You need the ex back! ;) 

(I was just thinking about your post again yesterday, and how much in particular I loved the part where you said your life had seemed to go from black-and-white to color.)

He stole that from the Wizard of Oz

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, krista4 said:

This is your fault for getting a new girlfriend with whom you get to have sexy time.  You need the ex back! ;) 

(I was just thinking about your post again yesterday, and how much in particular I loved the part where you said your life had seemed to go from black-and-white to color.)

No one had ever asked for my advice but I give this bit anyway: we all get one trip around the stars. One. That's it. And while there are always parts that aren't perfect, the whole of it should be a thrill.  One trip, same as everyone else. What is your trip like?

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Abraham said:

No one had ever asked for my advice but I give this bit anyway: we all get one trip around the stars. One. That's it. And while there are always parts that aren't perfect, the whole of it should be a thrill.  One trip, same as everyone else. What is your trip like?

:heart: 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

From WSOP.com just now...

So far, the vast majority of the heads-up pots have been decided on third or fourth street.

One recent exception was a hand in which Jeff Lisandro completed and Steven A raised. Lisandro called and they both checked on fourth street before Lisandro fired on fifth. Steve A called and fired when Lisandro checked to him on sixth. Lisandro grabbed his board, turned it upside down, and shipped it toward the dealer. Steve A took a call and said, "i'll be back in an hour."

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Anybody ever had lumpia? It's kinda the Filipino version of tamales, and they come in both savory and sweet varieties. Pretty good. 

Yes.  I approve of lumpia.

41 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Lumpia is/are good, but other than that, Filipino food is all kinds of awful.  The only SE Asian country where the food isn't the best freaking stuff on the planet.  Think most of our meals there were along the lines of "we have mushed rice with some eggs, but put a lizard on top for good luck."

You shut your whore mouth!  Pancit is almost always freaking delicious and I will fight any comers who think otherwise.

Not gonna touch that "pickled mouse stomach" drink ish they have there (I think? That may be 'Nam), but pancit?  Get me in front of a food truck serving legit pancit and I will close that ####er DOWN.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

More wsop.com from Senior Tournament just now....

 

Four players were all in and the board was put down by the dealer who caused shock among the table as three players were eliminated. One of the players at the table informed us of how the preflop action went down.

Doug Hartwick raised to 18,000 from under the gun and saw three players move all in. Hartwick had them all covered and called.

Doug Hartwick:   KK
Opponent 1:   JJ
Opponent 2:   AA
Opponent 3:   QQ

Board:        K J 4 2 9

All four players held a pocket pair, but it was Hartwick who won the entire pot after he flopped top set. One opponent also managed to flop a set of jacks, but it was not enough, and Hartwick, to his shock, swooped in the pot as spectators and his fellow players took their opportunity to take a picture of this extremely rare hand!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

More wsop.com from Senior Tournament just now....

 

Four players were all in and the board was put down by the dealer who caused shock among the table as three players were eliminated. One of the players at the table informed us of how the preflop action went down.

Doug Hartwick raised to 18,000 from under the gun and saw three players move all in. Hartwick had them all covered and called.

Doug Hartwick:   KK
Opponent 1:   JJ
Opponent 2:   AA
Opponent 3:   QQ

Board:        K J 4 2 9

All four players held a pocket pair, but it was Hartwick who won the entire pot after he flopped top set. One opponent also managed to flop a set of jacks, but it was not enough, and Hartwick, to his shock, swooped in the pot as spectators and his fellow players took their opportunity to take a picture of this extremely rare hand!

I lost with four 4s at the mirage one night to four 8s.  Another guy had KK on a hand that went. 

448

K

8

That was a killer. I was fuming until I remembered that a guy with top House was 3rd. Then it was a little funny. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...