What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (6 Viewers)

So in the email I got from the head hunter, they want me to prepare 3+ professional questions. These should be about the company, structure, day to day responsibilities, etc (not about pay or benefits)

This is only my second interview in 18 years...... What do I ask?

So in the email I got from the head hunter, they want me to prepare 3+ professional questions. These should be about the company, structure, day to day responsibilities, etc (not about pay or benefits)

When I did my last interview, I researched as much as I could on the company. I then tailored my questions towards things that only one who did such research would know enough to ask about.

E.g. "I see you have established footholds in (these five countries), and your market share for each is: a, b, c, d and f. What are your goals and strategies on this? How can I best maintain or expand on this? I see many possible strategies, but I want to be in line with your goals and methods. Where can I learn more on this?"

Now, that may not be the right question for your position, but it's something along the lines that I used.

Good luck Mr. Pack.  :thumbup:

Oh, one other thing:

Try to make all of your questions about how you can help them...not about how their structure may impact you.
I like this, Thanks!
Your welcome. :)

Also, I want to clarify my quote above. I am only referring to the 3 formal questions you are being asked to initially provide. Once I got past that part of the process, I tried to keep most of my questioned angled as above, but I eventually asked the questions about how things may impact me. Those questions were very important to me. But, I tried my best to display that my primary concern was to help, and my secondary concern was my own interests. 

You probably already knew that, but I didn't wanna come off as a rube that was not willing to ask about anything that might turn me off regarding the company.  :doh:

Mr.Pack said:

Don’t look elsewhere for this. You really need to think about what you would want to know about the job, its challenges, their expectations, etc.   The headhunter shouldn’t need to prompt you for this.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Just stopped in to mention my alma mater Oregon State won the ncaa baseball championship for the third time in the last 12 Year’s today. Holy cow!

I don’t live in Austin.  When I travel there, I stay in a hotel.  
But there is a thing called Uber that takes you wherever you would like to go. I use it all the time so I am not drinking in crappy hotel bars but awesome places, which are plentiful in Austin.

The ability to just walk to an elevator, go up, and go to your room is an underrated feature of hotel bars.
I like this a lot.  I fondly remember going to a conference in Daytona a couple of years ago.  Hotel had a great steakhouse in the lobby and it just so happened that night there were wine vendors dining at the bar with me.  So glad it was a short walk because those guys like to drink.  

the guy putting up my fence is a surfer brah. he has his wife helping him. she's a smoking hot native american girl. 

i did not expect this
Okay but then Is this why you were being rude to your wife during the soccer game?  That she had a problem with you being preoccupied with the fence guy's wife? :)  

headed tp pismo beach on the 5th, to redneck it up with my inlaws from HI!  just rented quads for the kids and we are meeting another inlaw that lives out of his rv and has nearly every toy possible.  3 more racing quads :unsure:  2 dune buggies, a specialized bouldering jeep(i have driven this, it's unreal) some other jeep, a lifted monster truck type thing and 2 jet skis.  after 3 days of high octane fun,  we are headed for the sequoia's for a week of camping.  can't wait!

Couldn't talk the wife into Shell Beach, but we'll be heading just south of there ourselves.  Hoping to recruit Tanner to join us wine tasting. 

Users who are viewing this thread