Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

12 hours ago, -fish- said:

I thought you were retiring?

My company considers me retired (5 years experience & 55 years old), but not the Govt. I still have 10 years left according to their standards

So in the email I got from the head hunter, they want me to prepare 3+ professional questions. These should be about the company, structure, day to day responsibilities, etc (not about pay or benefits)

This is only my second interview in 18 years...... What do I ask?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mr.Pack said:

So in the email I got from the head hunter, they want me to prepare 3+ professional questions. These should be about the company, structure, day to day responsibilities, etc (not about pay or benefits)

When I did my last interview, I researched as much as I could on the company. I then tailored my questions towards things that only one who did such research would know enough to ask about.

E.g. "I see you have established footholds in (these five countries), and your market share for each is: a, b, c, d and f. What are your goals and strategies on this? How can I best maintain or expand on this? I see many possible strategies, but I want to be in line with your goals and methods. Where can I learn more on this?"

Now, that may not be the right question for your position, but it's something along the lines that I used.

Good luck Mr. Pack. :thumbup:

• Like 4

My last employer rejected my attempts to institute Thong Thursdays, and I never felt free to be myself in all that clothing.  What's your casual day policy?

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

I always like to find out their sexual harrassment and drug screening policies up front.

:goodposting:  This is key.  Going after a job in telecom myself.  Should be talking to recruiter this afternoon.  17-20% raise if I get it.  It would be nice to get out of consulting all together.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Oh, one other thing:

Try to make all of your questions about how you can help them...not about how their structure may impact you.

I like this, Thanks!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mr.Pack said:
1 hour ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Oh, one other thing:

Try to make all of your questions about how you can help them...not about how their structure may impact you.

I like this, Thanks!

Your welcome. :)

Also, I want to clarify my quote above. I am only referring to the 3 formal questions you are being asked to initially provide. Once I got past that part of the process, I tried to keep most of my questioned angled as above, but I eventually asked the questions about how things may impact me. Those questions were very important to me. But, I tried my best to display that my primary concern was to help, and my secondary concern was my own interests. 

You probably already knew that, but I didn't wanna come off as a rube that was not willing to ask about anything that might turn me off regarding the company. :doh:

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Mr.Pack said:

Don’t look elsewhere for this. You really need to think about what you would want to know about the job, its challenges, their expectations, etc.   The headhunter shouldn’t need to prompt you for this.  

Edited by shuke
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, Hawks64 said:

Better question is why were you in the hotel bar in Austin.

I don’t live in Austin.  When I travel there, I stay in a hotel.  

• Like 5
7 hours ago, shuke said:

I don’t live in Austin.  When I travel there, I stay in a hotel.  

But there is a thing called Uber that takes you wherever you would like to go. I use it all the time so I am not drinking in crappy hotel bars but awesome places, which are plentiful in Austin.

1 hour ago, Hawks64 said:

But there is a thing called Uber that takes you wherever you would like to go. I use it all the time so I am not drinking in crappy hotel bars but awesome places, which are plentiful in Austin.

The ability to just walk to an elevator, go up, and go to your room is an underrated feature of hotel bars.

• Like 14
5 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

The ability to just walk to an elevator, go up, and go to your room is an underrated feature of hotel bars.

I like this a lot.  I fondly remember going to a conference in Daytona a couple of years ago.  Hotel had a great steakhouse in the lobby and it just so happened that night there were wine vendors dining at the bar with me.  So glad it was a short walk because those guys like to drink.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kevzilla said:

You know what else is plentiful in Austin? GMTANers who would buy drinks for shuke.

:shrug:

ah, but how plentiful are GMTANers that shuke would let buy him drinks?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

A low income version of this is the apartment on top of a bar with a separate entrance.

3 minutes ago, IMAX 3D said:

Absolutely, but he doesn't have time for GMTAN, though I think he would be welcome here. Joffer and a few others live here too.

The point is, shuke's money is virtually no good here, but he's in a hotel bar, alone.

We must really be jackholes. :lmao:

• Like 7
21 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

And cos, and bentley, and occasionally bAbe.

Last time I was in Austin it was for a conference so I couldn't get away for a drink. Hoping I get sent back down there soon for actual work, then I have time every night.

31 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Absolutely, but he doesn't have time for GMTAN, though I think he would be welcome here. Joffer and a few others live here too.

The point is, shuke's money is virtually no good here, but he's in a hotel bar, alone.

We must really be jackholes:lmao:

If you sing this to the tune of David Bowie's "Heroes" it doesn't sound so self-loathing.

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

We must really be jackholes. :lmao:

I can confirm that gb @kevzilla enjoys drinking socially.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, mr. furley said:

the guy putting up my fence is a surfer brah. he has his wife helping him. she's a smoking hot native american girl. 

i did not expect this

Okay but then Is this why you were being rude to your wife during the soccer game?  That she had a problem with you being preoccupied with the fence guy's wife? :) 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

If you sing this to the tune of David Bowie's "Heroes" it doesn't sound so self-loathing.

Works fine until the 'just for one day' part. 

• Like 1

headed tp pismo beach on the 5th, to redneck it up with my inlaws from HI!  just rented quads for the kids and we are meeting another inlaw that lives out of his rv and has nearly every toy possible.  3 more racing quads :unsure: 2 dune buggies, a specialized bouldering jeep(i have driven this, it's unreal) some other jeep, a lifted monster truck type thing and 2 jet skis.  after 3 days of high octane fun,  we are headed for the sequoia's for a week of camping.  can't wait!

• Like 4

Couldn't talk the wife into Shell Beach, but we'll be heading just south of there ourselves.  Hoping to recruit Tanner to join us wine tasting.