What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (4 Viewers)

Page 3?

Happy 4th, reprobates!

Stupid Wednesday holiday.   Just going to work today and knock off around 4 to take the boat out and watch fireworks.

Did it in Austin a few times, too, but to be honest SF kind of kicks our ### in that dept. Of course they have a huge, real bay, not Ladybird Lake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fireworks from a boat in the bay are the best. DId it a few times in San Francisco. 
I've done it on the Patapsco near Baltimore's Inner Harbor, though that was many years ago. I agree that it's the mostest awesome way to watch fireworks.

I've done it on the Patapsco near Baltimore's Inner Harbor, though that was many years ago. I agree that it's the mostest awesome way to watch fireworks.
One item left on my bucket list is to rent a houseboat on Lake Havasau for the International Firework competition.

Happy 4th to all of you.

What a great day. Get to spend it with my three kids and two grand kids at a BBQ. We're going to the Boise Hawks minor league game tonight and the fireworks show afterwards.  My best man's son pitches for Eugene. Hope he gets a chance to pitch tonight.  He has a 1.46 ERA this year.

Have a listing going live tomorrow at 8am. Then we close on the purchase of three turnkey vrbo homes at noon. And wifey approved going back to Vegas for another WSOP event on the 12th. Very grateful for these good times. Eight years ago this week, we moved to Boise after the economy wrecked my biz and I was in a ton of debt keeping it afloat.  To all those that have had the recent tough times, keep your chin up, things do get better if you work hard to make it so. 

This is ridiculously cute.

In the "not cute" realm, a bird flew into our front door and offed itself today.  I can't think of many reasons to have a husband, but  "disposing of dead creatures" would have to be right up there, so when I noticed it about six hours ago I left it there.  Went to a friend's party and hoped maybe another creature would take it away in the meantime, but no dice.  And then I got home and felt guilty that Mr. krista, who is working really hard right now, would get home from a long day and have to deal with it (he's squeamish), so I ended up taking it to the wooded area next door and giving it a little burial under some foxglove.

Now down to possibly no good reasons to have a husband.  RIP Beaky McBadflyerson.

Last edited by a moderator:

In the "not cute" realm, a bird flew into our front door and offed itself today.  I can't think of many reasons to have a husband, but  "disposing of dead creatures" would have to be right up there, so when I noticed it about six hours ago I left it there.  Went to a friend's party and hoped maybe another creature would take it away in the meantime, but no dice.  And then I got home and felt guilty that Mr. krista, who is working really hard right now, would get home from a long day and have to deal with it (he's squeamish), so I ended up taking it to the wooded area next door and giving it a little burial under some foxglove.

Now down to possibly no good reasons to have a husband.  RIP Beaky McBadflyerson.
:lmao:   

I would have just put it in the outside trash or chucked it over a fence. Stupid mini dinosaurs.

I did the same thing tonight, but with baby poop.

The house we just moved out of had a big pine tree in front right next to the porch.  My neighbor had a silver maple tree in the corner of his property. The maple had a branch that got really close to the pine.  

We had a bunch of squirrels in the area and they would jump from the maple branch to the pine. 

About 10yrs ago, my wife came home for lunch and one of the squirrels didnt make the jump.  When it fell, hit hit our steel pipe bannister and must have broke back. But it didnt die right away, it was just laying there trying to move.  She felt bad enough that she wept for it.  But wouldn't do touch it.  

She went back to work then when she got home it had finally died.  She called me while I was still driving home from work to tell me about it and told me that I have to bury it.  I said what any good husband would say, "yes dear."

Before I got home, she had already left to go to a friends house for a girls night.  So. I did what any husband would do and picked it up in a plastic grocery bag and tossed it in the garbage.

She called me later that night asking me if I buried it.  She must have sensed from the way that I said "yes" and new that I didn't.  So in the dark, I grabbed a shovel and the bagged squirrel and dug a hole out back to bury it.  

RIP Fat Elvis 

Epic Problem said:
The day’s young, but seeing a Jets Favre jersey tucked into a pair of cargos, while at a farmers market in suburban Chicago might be hard to top
Really upset at missing the photo op here.  Farmers market wasn’t that big, and had the phone ready to go for once I found him again, but he disappeared into the crowd. It was truly a sight to behold. 

Mr. krista is watching - wait, watching and talking back to - an endless stream of otter videos and asking if we can move somewhere in Asia where we could have otters as pets.

I do like the food in Asia.

Mr. krista is watching - wait, watching and talking back to - an endless stream of otter videos and asking if we can move somewhere in Asia where we could have otters as pets.

I do like the food in Asia.
See, you do still have a reason to have a husband!

Users who are viewing this thread