What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (9 Viewers)

My mom and stepfather's 30th anniversary is July 13, so Mr krista and I set it up for him to cook a special eight-course dinner for them at a table overlooking the water at his restaurant, and we hired a guitar player and had him learn a bunch of songs they love, and I bought them a piece of art for their new house, which I'm having delivered to the restaurant for them to receive while they're dining there on Saturday.

Saturday, July 14th.

####.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom and stepfather's 30th anniversary is July 13, so Mr krista and I set it up for him to cook a special eight-course dinner for them at a table overlooking the water at his restaurant, and we hired a guitar player and had him learn a bunch of songs they love, and I bought them a piece of art for their new house, which I'm having delivered to the restaurant for them to receive while they're dining there on Saturday.

Saturday, July 14th.

####.
Meh close enough 

Saturday, July 14th.

####.
We figured you guys would be too busy ####### on the actual night to hang out with us. 

Saturday, July 14th.

####.
Same weekend. Good enough.

But now I'm just laughing thinking about your mom and step-dad saying:

"The 8 course meal on the water, guitar player playing all of our favorite songs, and the beautiful art-work for our new house is great and all, but we're never speaking to you again for insulting us by doing it all the day AFTER our anniversary."

Actually, now I'm laughing because I'm imagining them pointing out to you that their 30th was LAST year and this is their 31st.

Saturday, July 14th.

####.
What a horrible daughter.

I know some strippers in Michigan that will memorize Neil Young lyrics for $500

Saturday, July 14th.

####.
How do you deliver a house to a restaurant?  Do you wrap it?

@Thorn  Mrs. O and I are headed to Bar Harbor next Fall (we plan way out).  Better to fly into Bangor with shorter drive with pricier flights or Portland with cheaper flights and longer drive?  Anything worth seeing along the way that would be worth driving more for? Boston is not happening, but maybe something else?  TIA

Osaurus said:
@Thorn  Mrs. O and I are headed to Bar Harbor next Fall (we plan way out).  Better to fly into Bangor with shorter drive with pricier flights or Portland with cheaper flights and longer drive?  Anything worth seeing along the way that would be worth driving more for? Boston is not happening, but maybe something else?  TIA
My folks flew into Manchester, NH on Southwest and drove.

Osaurus said:
Portland to Bar Harbor is 3 hours by interstate or probably 4 by more picturesque Route 1.  Bangor to Bar Harbor is an hour.  So I guess it depends on how much pricier it is. 

There are a bunch of nice towns along the way if you take Route 1: Bath, Damariscotta, Rockland, Camden, Belfast, Bucksport and the Penobscot Narrows Bridge.  Basically you are driving through 90% of what people think of when they think of small town coastal Maine.  Oh and Freeport right off the bat out of Portland has LL Bean and like 50 outlet stores, if that's your thing.

Portland to Bar Harbor is 3 hours by interstate or probably 4 by more picturesque Route 1.  Bangor to Bar Harbor is an hour.  So I guess it depends on how much pricier it is. 

There are a bunch of nice towns along the way if you take Route 1: Bath, Damariscotta, Rockland, Camden, Belfast, Bucksport and the Penobscot Narrows Bridge.  Basically you are driving through 90% of what people think of when they think of small town coastal Maine.  Oh and Freeport right off the bat out of Portland has LL Bean and like 50 outlet stores, if that's your thing.
Airfare averages $250-300 difference between cities.  Thank you for the input.

krista4 said:

Saturday, July 14th.

####.
This was taken from that "Pretty Rich White People Problems" site wasn't it?  

My folks flew into Manchester, NH on Southwest and drove.
If someone is looking to come to Portland, I usually say compare our airport with Manchester and Boston, both are 2 hour drives, so it might be worth it.  Portland's airport keeps getting more flights though, so there might not be the same price difference there used to be.

Manchester to Bar Harbor is over 4 hours and not particularly scenic.  

Thinking we’re gonna fly into Portland and spend a day or two there on the way back.

I called today to set up Directv service.  They wanted to add a security question:

Chris, the dtv guy who said "Perfect" after every sentence:  What's your favorite restaurant?

Me:  Oh no, that changes all the time; I'll never remember what my answer was.

CtdgwsPaes:  Ok, how about your favorite movie?

Me:  Ahhhhhhhh...

CtdgwsPaes, increasingly impatient but trying to remain cheery:  Favorite actor?

Me:  Ughhhhh...I don't know.

CtdgwsPaes,iibttrc, grasping at anything now:  Ok, your favorite singer?

Me:  Gahhhhhhh...

[silence]

Me:  How about we use the name of the street I grew up on?

CtdgwsPaes,iibttrc,gaan, resigned:  Let's just skip this part. 

I called today to set up Directv service.  They wanted to add a security question:

Chris, the dtv guy who said "Perfect" after every sentence:  What's your favorite restaurant?

Me:  Oh no, that changes all the time; I'll never remember what my answer was.

CtdgwsPaes:  Ok, how about your favorite movie?

Me:  Ahhhhhhhh...

CtdgwsPaes, increasingly impatient but trying to remain cheery:  Favorite actor?

Me:  Ughhhhh...I don't know.

CtdgwsPaes,iibttrc, grasping at anything now:  Ok, your favorite singer?

Me:  Gahhhhhhh...

[silence]

Me:  How about we use the name of the street I grew up on?

CtdgwsPaes,iibttrc,gaan, resigned:  Let's just skip this part. 
Really not digging the wallpaper(s) you picked out for the new place.

Day 3 with my wife out of town. 3 straight days of frozen TV dinners and cookies. 

The chicken nuggets and fries are my favorites.

The frozen Pad Thai from Amy's did NOT sit well in my stomach today. :X  

I'll be grabbing more nuggets and fries tomorrow. 
Day 1 of 5 without the wife and kids here. Double decker barbacoa tacos and Gouda Mac bites at the bar before my softball game may not have been the best choice.

I'm gonna fight through it though

Users who are viewing this thread