Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

2 hours ago, eoMMan said:

That place sounds like a rip-off.  From what I understand, they rope you in with a low price for the bear but then charge a lot for the clothes, scent, heartbeat, etc.

https://beta.techcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/giphy-31.gif

Yes, but his wife and kids have been gone for 2.5 hours already, with the promise of more alone time to come.

It's like you people don't even bother reading. 

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yes, but his wife and kids have been gone for 2.5 hours already, with the promise of more alone time to come.

It's like you people don't even bother reading. 

Yep I even got off work early, I believe they are still there

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, IMAX 3D said:

Yep I even got off work early, I believe they are still there

Make sure you point out to your wife that it's a good thing that her time has so little value that standing in line for 2.5 hours to save $15 is worth it. That way she feels good about how she used her time instead of feeling like it was a bad choice.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, T-shirt Ninja said:

BTW the winery is owned by the dude that owns the Vegas Knights.  Not sure if I can root for them again.

I’ll root for Mondavi over them next time.

Made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch today. Instead of butter or mayo to coat the bread, I used Thousand Island dressing:thumbup::pickle:

Damn, that was tasty. It was like you already had dipped your sandwich in your tomato soup

• Like 2

Daughter asked me to go to court today with her for a speeding ticket. 74 in a 50 in a construction zone (The zoo interchange for those of you in Milwaukee) at 9:30 on a Sunday night. He actually dropped it to 19 over.

Court was supposed to be at 8:30, 9..... no judge, finally at 9:35 he shows up. All jovial and saying good morning...... Everyone was pretty hacked off........ Until he announced that today only, everyone in the court would get their tickets reduced to a Parking ticket, 0 points and their original fine, unless you were there for a DUI, Reckless Driving etc. They hand out a sheet before hand that gives you 4 options, none are reduced to 0 points, best case was paying about $100+ more and reduced by only 2 pts.

I told her she should buy a lottery ticket tonight

• Like 7
17 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

Daughter asked me to go to court today with her for a speeding ticket. 74 in a 50 in a construction zone (The zoo interchange for those of you in Milwaukee) at 9:30 on a Sunday night. He actually dropped it to 19 over.

Court was supposed to be at 8:30, 9..... no judge, finally at 9:35 he shows up. All jovial and saying good morning...... Everyone was pretty hacked off........ Until he announced that today only, everyone in the court would get their tickets reduced to a Parking ticket, 0 points and their original fine, unless you were there for a DUI, Reckless Driving etc. They hand out a sheet before hand that gives you 4 options, none are reduced to 0 points, best case was paying about $100+ more and reduced by only 2 pts.

so she got 0 pts or she paid $100+ and a 2pt reduction?

19 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

How is doing 24 over in a construction zone not reckless driving?

9 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

so she got 0 pts or she paid $100+ and a 2pt reduction?

Reduced to a Parking ticket, 0 points and original fine. In her case was $204

They told everyone to disregard the sheet that explained everyone's options.

14 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

How is doing 24 over in a construction zone not reckless driving?

He (The Sheriff) reduced it to 19 over. I'm thinking because it was 9:30 on a Sunday night and there was no work being done. She did get rooked tho. Coming out of the zoo interchange, to get to her exit which is less that a 1/4 mile, you have to get on the gas to get over as traffic is merging from the right, so you either gun it when you get an opening to get over or risk an accident. He basically got her right at that moment.

My first thought was the same as yours.

Edited by Mr.Pack
1 hour ago, Mr.Pack said:

Daughter asked me to go to court today with her for a speeding ticket. 74 in a 50 in a construction zone (The zoo interchange for those of you in Milwaukee) at 9:30 on a Sunday night.

Oh yeah.  Too many times to remember when I lived there.

• Like 2

Guise?  No offense but I feel like I'm carrying the GMTAN these days.  It says right there in the title "about nothing," and I've been trying my best to contribute nothing.

Btw, I had to call Directv four more times today - not important why except to mention the seven hours or so total I've spent with them and the internet provider in the last two days - and they came up with a new question, "Who's your childhood hero?"

Anyway, y'all need to provide some content.  I"ll be waiting over here, between the hours of 12-4.

Edited by krista4
12 hours ago, badmojo1006 said:

Made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch today. Instead of butter or mayo to coat the bread, I used Thousand Island dressing:thumbup::pickle:

Damn, that was tasty. It was like you already had dipped your sandwich in your tomato soup

What the hell? 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, krista4 said:

Guise?  No offense but I feel like I'm carrying the GMTAN these days.  It says right there in the title "about nothing," and I've been trying my best to contribute nothing.

Btw, I had to call Directv four more times today - not important why except to mention the seven hours or so total I've spent with them and the internet provider in the last two days - and they came up with a new question, "Who's your childhood hero?"

Anyway, y'all need to provide some content.  I"ll be waiting over here, between the hours of 12-4.

We signed up for Hulu last night so my wife can start watching The Handmaids Tale. I asked her, "Are people talking about that show at work?"

Her response: "EVERYBODY is talking about this show."

:mellow:

• Like 1
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, Thomas The Skank Engine said:

Down 17 el bees in 3 weeks

only ohhh.. 60 or so to go.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, boom king said:

Is this something you can see yourself doing forever? If not, it’s a waste of time and you’ll fall back into old habits, probably. 

40 lbs, ho

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Thomas The Skank Engine said:

40 lbs, ho

Congrats.  Keep it going, but it's going to take discipline to keep it off over the long term.  As Mark Twain once said - "The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not."

• Like 2
6 hours ago, krista4 said:

I've contributed more about nothing than most around here.  There are many days when I don't even post at all.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, RC94 said:

Congrats.  Keep it going, but it's going to take discipline to keep it off over the long term.  As Mark Twain once said - "The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not."

I eat bacon every morning for breakfast.

4 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

What the hell? 

two pieces thick bread

mayo the outsides

turkey

swiss

avocado

throw them on the griddle until the outsides are brown

stuff your face with delicious hot sandwich

eta: i add mustard to mine, side of kosher dill

Edited by mr. furley
  • Like 2

grilled cheese and pickles?

i find myself thinking this has to be weird.... then realize that 90% of the time i eat a grilled cheese, it's with a pickle chaser.

Edited by mr. furley
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, IMAX 3D said:

I’m not in any way opposed to mayo, but using it instead of butter for grilling seems odd and frightening to me

They're both a combo of fat and protein.  Both brown up really nicely on the bread.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

If I ate one done that way without knowing, I'm sure it would taste fine.

But I have a complicated relationship with mayo for some unknown reason. There are certain food types I don't want mayo anywhere near; just thinking about it makes me feel wrong. Same with cooking it. I have no idea where this came from - I'm usually down with most every normal combo of food/condiment. 

• Like 1

My odd use of a condiment is inspired by this scene from the Sopranos. Ever since then, I've always added Sour Cream to my eggs for scrambled or omelets 

One night was Gyros platter night at the Problem House and there ended up being leftovers. When I went to make omelets the next morning I decided to use the leftovers, Finding that I was out of sour cream, in went the Tzatziki. Worked great! The dill and garlic played perfectly with the eggs. So anytime there's some in the house, it goes into the eggs.

• Like 1