What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (8 Viewers)

At a bar in Morro Bay where a Tom Petty tribute band is playing.  Normally I would avoid this the clap but I’ve had enough to drink to enjoy.

They are called “Make it last all night”

Take a single day off from this place and most of you Philistines start mayo'ing up everything you can get your hands on?  This is why we can't have nice things (pro tip: mayo is disgusting in all its "forms."  To say that you're using that for "flavor" over something delicious like butter is just **boggle**).

You know what else spreads easier than hard as a rock butter fresh from the fridge?  Pumpkin pie filling, but I'm not putting that on the outside of my toasted cheese either no matter what its smoke point may be.

Take a single day off from this place and most of you Philistines start mayo'ing up everything you can get your hands on?  This is why we can't have nice things (pro tip: mayo is disgusting in all its "forms."  To say that you're using that for "flavor" over something delicious like butter is just **boggle**).

You know what else spreads easier than hard as a rock butter fresh from the fridge?  Pumpkin pie filling, but I'm not putting that on the outside of my toasted cheese either no matter what its smoke point may be.
All my likes.  And all my aliases’ likes.

:wub:

@krista4  since you're carrying the joint these days, talk to me about the walking sticks people use while hiking.  Do you use them?  Do they help?  I went on a couple awesome hikes in sequoias last week, the longest of which was about 5 miles, at around 7000 feet with moderate elevation changes. (facebooks to come).  And some people had them, mostly old people. I chatted up one old guy, that had them, and he said they were awesome.  He, in fact, was extremely awesome. He and his lady chatted with my daughter and I for 20 minutes. They went to Nepal for their honeymoon!!  And have been to every national park over the last 40 years. 

Anyway, walking stick insight please. 

Also, my iPad had an 83% charge on it after sitting in the car on airplane mode for nearly 4 days. I'd never had it on airplane mode that long before. I was surprised it held that much charge after 4 days.  Not sure if airplane mode helps while off. :shrug:  just passing on the info for your upcoming hike where you needed a charger 

I'm constantly amazed at how many trashy people there are. Took much daughter to the zoo today and saw 2 incidents that drove me nuts.

The first was at the primate house. Thsy have an area where they let some of tthe monkeys/gorillas/lemurs out where they can kind of climb through the trees in an elevated enclosure. There weren't any while we were there, but all of a sudden from an area behind some fencing there came some crazy shrieks from some monkeys fighting, but you couldn't see them. Some trashy family got all excited and ran up next to the fencing area and started hooting and hollering. The trashy dad started barking like a dog trying to get a reaction and yelling "I hear ya buddy!!!" as be banged his hand against the fence. Because harassing an already stressed monkey that lives in a cage is such a great idea.

Later, at the end of the day, my daughter and I stopped for some ice cream near the exit. Their are free roaming peacocks all over the Philly zoo. There was one walking around in the area until a hoard of little brats started chasing it around trying to corner it. The bird was clearly stressed out but the parents just encouraged the rotten fruit of their loins while filming on their phones. Just disgusting. These people seem to think that all of these animals are like toys that they can do whatever they want to simply because they paid their entrance fee.

I think I see the problem
"Philly" in a squat, annoying nutshell.

@krista4  since you're carrying the joint these days, talk to me about the walking sticks people use while hiking.  Do you use them?  Do they help?  I went on a couple awesome hikes in sequoias last week, the longest of which was about 5 miles, at around 7000 feet with moderate elevation changes. (facebooks to come).  And some people had them, mostly old people. I chatted up one old guy, that had them, and he said they were awesome.  He, in fact, was extremely awesome. He and his lady chatted with my daughter and I for 20 minutes. They went to Nepal for their honeymoon!!  And have been to every national park over the last 40 years. 

Also, my iPad had an 83% charge on it after sitting in the car on airplane mode for nearly 4 days. I'd never had it on airplane mode that long before. I was surprised it held that much charge after 4 days.  Not sure if airplane mode helps while off. :shrug:  just passing on the info for your upcoming hike where you needed a charger 
Yeah, they’re awesome, especially if you are carrying any kind of weight in a pack. They take a lot of weight off your knees, and having a third point of contact with the ground helps in slick or uneven terrain. 

the poles do come in handy when crossing creeks and downhill for balance and steep uphill for support. 
I do carry a battery for phone and camera , just in case 

Hey GB, I'll answer this tomorrow-ish.  I did a ridiculous(ly hard and good) hike today followed by my mom's I-can't-believe-it's-not-our-anniversary dinner interspersed with my giving Mr. krista's boss just a taste of my venom toward him.  I'll respond when i'm feeling less stabby, but doing another hard hike tomorrow followed by taking my mom for an early bday dinner.

If your birthday falls on a Monday, you spend the Saturday night before at a dingy dive with a concrete bar because of course you do.
My mom's birthday is Monday. :oldunsure:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, what the hell, this isn't such a hard question that I can't type now.  Poles...there are such divergent opinions on them.  Some swear by them, and some make fun of anyone using them.  I'm in the middle.  I very much avoid using them if I can, because I feel that they can be too much of a balance crutch and I like to work on my natural balance.  BUT, I will take them along and be happy to have them if there are extremely steep descents, tricky water crossings, or difficult snowfields,  And they are great in every instance for older folks, people with knee issues, heavier people.  Even aside from that I have some friends who are absolute hiking beasts who swear by them, so it's not just for the old or feeble.  I'd say get a pair you like and try it out and see what's best for you.   I use them in only limited circumstances but have friends who always do, or never do.

@krista4, what's the latest from Granada? There was a brief flare-up in the news several weeks ago about Nicaragua - NPR did a segment, which I only caught the tail end of and Daily Beast did an interview with Bianca Jagger about it (apparently, she was in the middle of some scary stuff down there) - but not much since.

Oh, what the hell, this isn't such a hard question that I can't type now.  Poles...there are such divergent opinions on them.  Some swear by them, and some make fun of anyone using them.  I'm in the middle.  I very much avoid using them if I can, because I feel that they can be too much of a balance crutch and I like to work on my natural balance.  BUT, I will take them along and be happy to have them if there are extremely steep descents, tricky water crossings, or difficult snowfields,  And they are great in every instance for older folks, people with knee issues, heavier people.  Even aside from that I have some friends who are absolute hiking beasts who swear by them, so it's not just for the old or feeble.  I'd say get a pair you like and try it out and see what's best for you.   I use them in only limited circumstances but have friends who always do, or never do.
so..yes, no, maybe ;)   i have slight knee issues, that don't bother me much until after the hike.  unless, there is a lot of downhill.  my biggest pain issues are usually my feet, left ankle.  but i deal with that crap all the time, not just when hiking.  i fail to see how the poles would help on steep descents.  i'm just going to have to try them out.  i too, like to think my natural balance is where it's at, and am always working on it.

Hey GB, I'll answer this tomorrow-ish.  I did a ridiculous(ly hard and good) hike today followed by my mom's I-can't-believe-it's-not-our-anniversary dinner interspersed with my giving Mr. krista's boss just a taste of my venom toward him.  I'll respond when i'm feeling less stabby, but doing another hard hike tomorrow followed by taking my mom for an early bday dinner.

My mom's birthday is Monday. :oldunsure:  
Are you sure about that?

I made some bread with only three ingredients...sugar, self rising flour, and butter pecan ice cream.  It was prettty good.

:porked:

maybe this will make you mayo haters change your minds
Chief Ad Exec: "Okay team, big contract coming down from the Hellmann's people and they're super hot about it.  They wanna know how we could make their mayo even more disgusting?"

Cub Ad Exec: "Well, we could put it in a plastic cup that has some Grade W ham on the bottom of it.  Maybe even have someone pre-chew the ham before it was packaged."

Chief Ad Exec: "Kid, you're goin' places!"

@krista4, what's the latest from Granada? There was a brief flare-up in the news several weeks ago about Nicaragua - NPR did a segment, which I only caught the tail end of and Daily Beast did an interview with Bianca Jagger about it (apparently, she was in the middle of some scary stuff down there) - but not much since.
Thanks for asking, GB.  It's so hard to say.  It seems like things get better, and then they take a turn for the worse again.  It's a little more stable than it was...or it might just be that people are getting used to the instability.  I read on one of the ex-pat sites earlier today something like "Yeah, we were out and there were a lot of explosions, but things are OK."  Gah.  

The food/money/gas crisis doesn't seem as bad as it was.  A lot of the tranques people had set up have been removed - for a few weeks you couldn't even get in or out of the Laguna de Apoyo.  And I'd estimate nearly half of the businesses have reopened.  But the streets are barren - imagine the Calzada with practically no people - and there are still a lot of incidents.  An ex-pat's son-in-law was missing a couple of days ago and now found dead in police custody, for instance.  I'm not as completely panicked as I was in an immediate sense, but the situation is still very bad and is a powder keg that could blow again at any moment.

Users who are viewing this thread