What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (12 Viewers)

sorry to be a downer but this is really bothering me

who the #### shoots an 11 year old? why? 

sweet kid.. people pleaser.. wouldn't hurt a fly. the world doesn't make any ####ing sense.  :(

DA RAIDERS said:
to be clear, i f'ing love mayo.  i dip fries in it.  but, hot mayo?  no, just no.
You understand that by the time the grilled cheese is done (again, assuming OUTSIDE of the bread only), the mayo basically disappears into a crispy crust that resembles a savory French toast?  There's no "hot mayo" at the end of the process, any more than there's "hot butter" on the outside of a grilled cheese made with butter.

You understand that by the time the grilled cheese is done (again, assuming OUTSIDE of the bread only), the mayo basically disappears into a crispy crust that resembles a savory French toast?  There's no "hot mayo" at the end of the process, any more than there's "hot butter" on the outside of a grilled cheese made with butter.
,s

some people are just embarrassing themselves in here over and over again.

Regardless of whether you use butter or mayo for your grilled cheese sammies, how many are melting shredded cheddar into the outside to make double grilled cheese?  If you haven't, you should try it.

Regardless of whether you use butter or mayo for your grilled cheese sammies, how many are melting shredded cheddar into the outside to make double grilled cheese?  If you haven't, you should try it.
I was just discussing this at lunch with a colleague.  Sounds awesome.

Just had a nice grilled cheese dipped in some tomato soup. Mayo’d it up pretty hard. Perfection.
Had an admin “retreat” at work today and the lunch was catered in. Accidentally put mayo on a baked potato instead of sour cream because it was between the sandwiches and the potatoes and the lighting was dim. 

Was the best thing that happened all day!

Yeah, today sucked.Thank god I realized my mistake and threw that ####er straight into the trash.

On my way to get dinner tonight I saw a fat, old man wearing a bikini and walking down the street.  He would occasionally stop to pose and dance around.  The woman at the restaurant said he is a regular down the street at this time, although I have never seen him before.  This is the main street in the city so there are a lot of people around. 

You start like a normal grilled cheese sandwich.  But, don't cook the first side all the way.  Stop about 1/2 the time you normally would do and flip it over.  While side 2 is cooking, sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on side 1.  When side 2 is about 1/2 way done, flip it back over (ie put side 1 back down).  Sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on side 2.  When side 1 is fully done, flip it back over to side 2 to finish that side.  When it is all done, the shredded cheese is melting INTO the bread.

I worked from home today so decided to try grilled cheese 2 ways.  Started with mayo first.  I liked it a lot.  Went with butter for another one.  Seemed kind of ordinary after eating the mayo version.  I think I may have been converted.  Both sandwiches were identical with the exception of what was spread on the outside:

whole wheat bread (Publix brand)

2% American cheese slices (Publix brand)

Kraft light mayo with olive oil

Land O’ Lakes butter with olive oil and sea salt

Thanks for the recommendation @Aaron Rudnicki

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked from home today so decided to try grilled cheese 2 ways.  Started with mayo first.  I liked it a lot.  Went with butter for another one.  Seemed kind of ordinary after eating the mayo version.  I think I may have been converted.  Both sandwiches were identical with the exception of what was spread on the outside:

Thsnks for the recommendation @Aaron Rudnicki
Wat?

What about using Miracle Whip instead of Mayo? 
Burn in hell

Thanks for the recommendation @Aaron Rudnicki
you're doing yourself a disservice here..eta, and here

Feral cat abandoned 2 of its 5 kittens in my back yard. My better half hates cats with a burning passion. I'd rather not have kittens die in my yard. Anyone ever deal with this? Anyone in Brooklyn want a couple cats?

You start like a normal grilled cheese sandwich.  But, don't cook the first side all the way.  Stop about 1/2 the time you normally would do and flip it over.  While side 2 is cooking, sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on side 1.  When side 2 is about 1/2 way done, flip it back over (ie put side 1 back down).  Sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on side 2.  When side 1 is fully done, flip it back over to side 2 to finish that side.  When it is all done, the shredded cheese is melting INTO the bread.
but you still butter/mayo up the outsides first, right?

Feral cat abandoned 2 of its 5 kittens in my back yard. My better half hates cats with a burning passion. I'd rather not have kittens die in my yard. Anyone ever deal with this? Anyone in Brooklyn want a couple cats?
:(  Your better half does not sound better.

Take them to a shelter?  It’ll be hard to get into a no-kill one since it’s kitten season and they’re overrun, but as long as it’s not a high-kill one they’ll have a good shot, given they’re kittens and all.

Users who are viewing this thread