Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

1 hour ago, krista4 said:

Moving sucks.  What kind of person would ever want to do this?

If you aren't having someone do it for you at this point I have no sympathy for you.   My movers separately wrapped up a rolled 20 dollar bill I had been using the night before I moved.  They're very careful.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, -fish- said:

If you aren't having someone do it for you at this point I have no sympathy for you.   My movers separately wrapped up a rolled 20 dollar bill I had been using the night before I moved.  They're very careful.

Of course I have movers.  How else would I know whom to overtip?

Edited by krista4
  • Like 4

facebook has taught me a lot of things these past few years but maybe none more important than this pro-tip today:

"if you find yourself having been kidnapped and taken to an ATM to withdraw all your money, type your PIN# in backwards. the ATM will dispense your money backwards, which jams the machine and automatically dials 911 to alert police that someone has been kidnapped and forced to drain their bank account."

WHO KNEW?????

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

One time I asked for extra ketchup at Burger Chef. They gave me like 2 ketchups.  

I went back and accused them of being racist. 

They went out of business the next year.

Amen

They did have some pretty sweet Star Wars toys back in the day....and then you ruined it.

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 1

There was a Burger Chef at the top of the steeet where my grandparents lived in Ormond Beach, FL (just north of Daytona).  My grandfather flat out refused to ever take us there.  I used to sneak out of the house and head to the ABC liquor store/bar at the strip mall and hustle kids on the Dig Dug machine out front in order to support my Burger Chef habit.  In the end, Dig Dug was replaced by the Journey game and Burger Chef was gone.  Coincidence?

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 4

Burger Chef was my first exposure to tiny burgers with a squirt of must and ketsup with a couple of pickles. Where I lived, you got lettuce and tomato and stuff on your burger. But BC's were only 15 cents each and a dime on Tuesdays.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

popular comedy account “the pixelated boat”‏ @pixelatedboat 

"Hey buddy, you wanna buy a harmonica?"

I opened my coat and got hit by a gust of wind, making the worst sound in the world

I think we may be using this term a little too loosely apparently.

• Like 1

You know what sounds like a good idea but is really a big pain in the ###?

Stenciling.  We painted our bathroom and I got the great idea to buy some really cool stencils* and go wild.

JFC. More tedious than MayoChat.

*http://istencils.com/4017-8-mod-pods-stencil.html

http://istencils.com/cat-2-small-stencil-4108-8.html

http://istencils.com/4013-8-mcm-rectangles-stencil.html

http://istencils.com/4037-8-pete-campbell-giraffes-stencil.html.   https://goo.gl/images/MH36Ea

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Burger Chef was my first exposure to tiny burgers with a squirt of must and ketsup with a couple of pickles. Where I lived, you got lettuce and tomato and stuff on your burger. But BC's were only 15 cents each and a dime on Tuesdays.

I'd never heard on BC until Mad Men.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shuke said:

Had a Burger Chef around the corner from the public pool.  I don't really remember it being good or bad.

WTF is Pete talkign about with the stencils?

apparently his ####ter is either in an old diner, or he's looking to make it more appealing to location scouts, in the hopes of renting out his house for the pulp fiction sequel.

never heard of burger chef

Burger Chef was the first place I remember that did an "add your own toppings" bar - lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc. Burgers would come plain and you'd load up on whatever you wanted.

eta - "fixins bar"

Also, the burger names were spelled "shef" - Big Shef, Super Shef.

Edited by heckmanm
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Burger Chef was the first place I remember that did an "add your own toppings" bar - lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc. Burgers would come plain and you'd load up on whatever you wanted.

eta - "fixins bar"

Also, the burger names were spelled "shef" - Big Shef, Super Shef.

It was Roy Rogers for me in Philly.  We would make “salads” at the fixins bar.  Good times.

• Like 1

I took yesterday afternoon off, and went to the credit union and test-drove three cars. I went to a fourth dealership, but the roofline of the Mazda6 is just too low.

One problem: I can't find my car title, which makes it extremely difficult to trade in my old car for a new one. I'm 57 years old. :oldunsure:

:lmao:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

I took yesterday afternoon off, and went to the credit union and test-drove three cars. I went to a fourth dealership, but the roofline of the Mazda6 is just too low.

One problem: I can't find my car title, which makes it extremely difficult to trade in my old car for a new one. I'm 57 years old. :oldunsure:

:lmao:

:bag:

That's part of the reason I kept my old vehicle, though I've convinced myself I need it in case of bad weather and that it's worth nothing on trade-in (really, really true).