Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

22 hours ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

I don’t mean to brag

i don’t mean to boast 

but when you have a stroke

you might smell toast

Those aren’t the Heywood Banks lyrics a I remember them.

• Replies 87.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Thanks for all the thropwas everybody.  I'm doing alright, hanging out with family and friends, tipping back cold ones, grilling and enjoying 80 degree weather.  Despite being a little sad, I'm reliev

Posted Images

My brother has been in intensive care since Tuesday. :(

He's septic with a strep bug. No source has been identified. Since he's pig-headed, he wasn't treated until he collapsed in his home. It's been touch and go for a few days, but he was strong enough to flip the bird at us today. Not much else, because they had to restrain him to prevent him from ripping the tube out of his throat. 

So if it's all the same to you, GMTAN, I'm gonna sit at this bar and drink for a while. 

1 minute ago, kevzilla said:

He's septic with a strep bug. No source has been identified. Since he's pig-headed, he wasn't treated until he collapsed in his home. It's been touch and go for a few days, but he was strong enough to flip the bird at us today. Not much else, because they had to restrain him to prevent him from ripping the tube out of his throat. 

So if it's all the same to you, GMTAN, I'm gonna sit at this bar and drink for a while. 

Damn dude.  Sorry.  Hopefully he kicks its ###

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kevzilla said:

:( sounds like he's just angry enough to beat it

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Sorry to hear that.  I hope he gets better soon.

1 hour ago, kevzilla said:

Well damn.  Fight the good fight, Brozilla.  

• Like 2

We got this kid that is new to our school this year. Looooonnnnggg story but he has a background that is absolutely horrible.  Stuff that I don’t usually see at my safe, little suburban school.  

From day one it was obvious that this kid has some serious, learned behavioral problems.  Very little self-control, seeks negative attention only, and a case of oppositional defiance disorder that makes Will Hunting look like an angel.

All of this is serious business.  We has a special meeting the other day just to come up with some sort of plan.

But he did something the other day that cracked me up.

He was acting out in my buddy Trent’s class.  After several warnings the kid says loudly “THIS CLASS SUCKS”.

So Trent had him go outside. Trent talked him about his behavior and then had him stay outside for about 10 minutes so he could complete his lesson.

Then Trent lets  him back in.  The kid comes in and quietly takes his seat.  Then he looks around for a few seconds like he was inspecting things and says

”THIS CLASS STILL SUCKS”.

Trent said it was like the kid expected things to improve dramatically during his time out.

• Like 5
15 hours ago, mr. furley said:

local ice cream place closing forever last night. kid's 10th birthday.

best ice cream around by a country mile.

my brain yesterday: let's go ahead and eat all the ice cream

my brain today: you're lactose intolerant now, you idiot. how about we spend the entire day nursing an agonizing stomach ache with frequent trips to the bathroom? doesn't that sound fun!?

Back in the dark ages when I was in HS we (Our Lady of Coke in the Bathroom) were a closed campus.  All of my public school friends could leave campus at lunch...but not us.  

So our cafeteria tried to make decent food. And usually they did.  

But every Wednesday they had a “make your own nachos” deal. Lunch lady would sell you a trough of crappy chips and then you could smother them with nacho cheese and chili from a mini mart style pump thingy.

It took me like a year and a half to realize that this was the reason I always had the volcano poops every Thursday.

But, looking back, that was probably a much better Catholic school experience than some people.

• Like 2

Doing my best not to get #### canned hammered over here. Gotta get up early with the kid. 

Been dealing with an in law situation, that would make jerry springer sport wood.  Came home to the wife in tears, talking with the sane, middle brother. Dad is 81.  His oldest and youngest sons live with him.  54 and 36.  54 is married and lives there with his wife. She has lupus and never leaves the room and simply drinks and does drugs.  54 joins her when he’s not working or cheating on her. 36 has never really had a job in his life. He is a full blown addict, on a fast track to the grave. 36 and dad are like an old married couple.  They fight, CONSTANTLY. Dad enables the #### out of 36, by giving him money and not kicking him out 15 years ago. Dad’s health is starting to fail.  cops have been called, social services have been called. It’s a ####### disaster. I may have to go back there and help sort this crap out. :( 

Thx for listening. Felt good to type it out. This #### has been going on for years. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, eoMMan said:

Remind me again to never book an early AM flight.

Really? I'm the opposite. If I know I have to travel (or have surgery or whatever), I want that #### to happen as early as possible. I can relax on the back end (not a euphemism unless I want it to be). Get me through the chore as soon as possible.

6 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Really? I'm the opposite. If I know I have to travel (or have surgery or whatever), I want that #### to happen as early as possible. I can relax on the back end (not a euphemism unless I want it to be). Get me through the chore as soon as possible.

I hear you but my OCD kicks in with getting up early, getting to the airport early, etc. My alarm was set for 230 this morning and I woke up a few minutes before it, probably out of fear of oversleeping.

Early morning traveler here.  Most of the time I’m up anyway and getting to my destination on the earlier side lets me spend part of the day doing something else.  I’m flying out to Denver in October (6:10 am flight) and will get there by noon.  The time zone changes help too.

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

I hear you but my OCD kicks in with getting up early, getting to the airport early, etc. My alarm was set for 230 this morning and I woke up a few minutes before it, probably out of fear of oversleeping.

I'm the same way, but there's no way I can sit around for hours knowing I have to be somewhere. If my flight was at noon or 6 p.m. or whatever, I'd still be up at 2:30 a.m. and pacing. The world is a better place if I'm moving towards a goal.

8 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Early morning traveler here.  Most of the time I’m up anyway and getting to my destination on the earlier side let’s me spend part of the day doing something else.  I’m flying out to Denver in October (6:10 am flight) and will get there by noon.  The time zone changes help too.

O, got the preliminary agenda for my October Tampa trip. It appears they have left Thursday the 4th open in the evening if you're gonna be around to grab a beer.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

O, got the preliminary agenda for my October Tampa trip. It appears they have left Thursday the 4th open in the evening if you're gonna be around to grab a beer.

Sounds good.  A couple of solid places within 10-15 minutes from Rocky Point (where you’re staying). Cigar City and Hidden Springs are both great.  Coppertail is a little further away, but great too.  We’ll finalize when you get here.

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Sounds good.  A couple of solid places within 10-15 minutes from Rocky Point (where you’re staying). Cigar City and Hidden Springs are both great.  Coppertail is a little farther away, but great too.  We’ll finalize when you get here.

I'm gonna try to blow off Wednesday evening, too, because I'm positive I'll have too much work to do. They have some kind of team-building go-kart thing lined up. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I'm gonna try to blow off Wednesday evening, too, because I'm positive I'll have too much work to do. They have some kind of team-building go-kart thing lined up. 

Cool.  Both work for me.

9 hours ago, eoMMan said:

Damn, sorry. Does the dad have lots of money? Maybe sanebro and your wife can take him to lawyer and get insanebros (with wife) evicted?

Jerry springer style. No real money. But the loco kids are definitely angling to keep the house. 36 has never lived anywhere else.  It will seek in probate and most of the money from it will be taken by lawyers and taxes. Sucks because my wife and daughter love the house and Went every summer until #### started going crazy 2 years ago. 

8 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Don't you get up at 4am?

Just now, shuke said:

This stuff is scary.  Happens to me all the time. 

HTF does this one happen?...  I don't think I've commented on any of the toaster talk.

I have another one I can't figure out.  In the "people you might know" section on the feed. I have a friend I see at the WSOP every year.   He introduced me to a friend of his from OKLA about 5 years ago, and I saw him again this year at WSOP.  Nice guy. We all had dinner, blah, blah.   He's not a FB friend of the guy I see every year that I'm friends with on FB.  He doesn't have my cell or email.  We've only talked those two times at the WSOP.  HTF does he keep showing up on my feed?                               

5 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

HTF does this one happen?...  I don't think I've commented on any of the toaster talk.

I have another one I can't figure out.  In the "people you might know" section on the feed. I have a friend I see at the WSOP every year.   He introduced me to a friend of his from OKLA about 5 years ago, and I saw him again this year at WSOP.  Nice guy. We all had dinner, blah, blah.   He's not a FB friend of the guy I see every year that I'm friends with on FB.  He doesn't have my cell or email.  We've only talked those two times at the WSOP.  HTF does he keep showing up on my feed?                               

Phone and location data?

5 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Your phone is listening to you.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

I have an ad for a 4-slice toaster on my FB feed right now.  WTF.

23 minutes ago, shuke said:

This stuff is scary.  Happens to me all the time. 

A lot of people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch of unconnected incidents and things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice of coincidence that lays on top of everything. Give you an example, show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, "plate," or "shrimp," or "plate of shrimp" out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconsciousness.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

A lot of people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch of unconnected incidents and things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice of coincidence that lays on top of everything. Give you an example, show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, "plate," or "shrimp," or "plate of shrimp" out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconsciousness.

“Did you do a lot of acid, Miller, back in the hippie days?” 

• Like 1

“A seemingly innocuous decision, one apparently made for the good of humanity and the best of intentions – the establishment of a music tuning standard for all Western musical instruments and orchestras – may harbor a secret agenda whose ramifications are so vast and far-reaching , in their evil complexity that it is scarcely possible to comprehend their scope. The selection f this one simple tuning frequency standard for musicians, instruments and orchestras over another may have had the subtle power to sew discord, suspicion, envy, disharmony, enmity, and distrust among a significant majority of the planet’s population. And it all may have started with the most simple, elemental aspect of creation – vibration.”

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Wife was driving home today.  I was looking at the map on our new car.  A street named "Barker" scrolled onto the page from the bottom.   The EXACT moment I saw the word "Barker" on the map, the radio play-by-play guy for Boise St on XM 210 said, ""Barker" drops back to pass."

Two more....   the gal that has cut my hair the last seven years..... We have the same birthday and we both have twins that share the same birthday.

Once you reach $2mil in sales at my RE company, you don't have to pay the company for the rest of your calendar year. Called hitting your "cap."  So three of us hit our cap this one week in March and they bring you up to the front of the meeting and you get to explain how you did it this year.

I went second.... The guy that went third and last finished by mentioning that he moved from OC to Boise eight years ago. After he was done talking, I introduced myself as we had never met. Told him I moved from Mission Viejo 8 years ago. He said he did also. He asked what month. I said July. He said same. I asked what day. He said 10th. I said so did I.  Had we not achieved this award at the same time, we would have never met and known that we moved to Boise from Mission Viejo on the same day.

Edited by Getzlaf15