What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (16 Viewers)

Cal's computer teacher is also the football coach.  I said with a straight face "if you can talk Cal into trying out for football, I can arrange for a nice little bonus in your paycheck". 

He just laughed.  :kicksrock:

His history teacher made me think of Tanner.  This cool laid back dude that I could tell would rather be anywhere than school. Optimistic, young guy.  Wasn't extremely jaded yet. Made me want to steal a text book.

I also found out that Cal, whom nothing eve4ers happens at school, got a position fixing computers.  Literally troubleshooting, removing and replacing hardware, and stuff.  That makes me happy. 

He also asked a girl to Homecoming. She said no because she was going with a group of girls. He thinks he still has a shot.  Ha, if he didn't look exactly like me I would still know he's my boy. 

Did I mention he flipped a desk in math?  No, I didn't.  His teacher told us tonight he was showing her easier ways to do problems with a calculator.

My brothers and sister, it has been a tumultuous beginning but I'm encouraged.  There are some great public school teachers out here that of course we love.  The crazy thing is we are getting to a poiint in life where Pep actually knew me and she can predict the way he will act.  Then again she was nice enough to let me do really neat things with her. I thing that's the solution too, Cal needs a girl at keep him focused.  Most men do, they just can't admit it.  I don't of course.

Remember when we were in Florence?  Okay I'll retell it.

Mrs. SLB and myself just had a great dinner and shared a bottle of wine. We were feeling good.  All romantic and stuff.

We're walking back to our hotel across the square and there's this young couple getting married. There's a full band playing. We're already holding hands and watch as it the scene unfurls. That's when inexplicably the groom motions to me to take a cpic of himself and his new bride.  Anyway, he had an iPhone and I couldn't figure out how to do it which was awkward. Not to mention I'm not as fluent as I would like to be in Italian. Mrs. SLB got the job done though. She just looked at me like "WTF do you always get me into?!". 

Good times

replaced the low beam, high beam and one fog light, on my wife's 2002, 5 series bmw*.  the fog light actually required me to remove part of the grill.  i also put a giant washer on a bolt to keep the radiator in place.  the regular piece that holds it in place was broken.  the washer, now does the job of the broken piece.  also topped off the oil and the coolant.  figure i saved myself $1650.  minimum.

*GB my wife for still driving this car.  212k miles.  it was fully loaded at one point.  something stops working about every month.  the newest thing is the seats, auto adjusting to wherever  the #### they want to go.  you'll get in the car and suddenly the seat will move into a position fit for for a 4'11" person.  it only does this when the car is off. :lmao:   we really need to get her a new car.

replaced the low beam, high beam and one fog light, on my wife's 2002, 5 series bmw*.  the fog light actually required me to remove part of the grill.  i also put a giant washer on a bolt to keep the radiator in place.  the regular piece that holds it in place was broken.  the washer, now does the job of the broken piece.  also topped off the oil and the coolant.  figure i saved myself $1650.  minimum.

*GB my wife for still driving this car.  212k miles.  it was fully loaded at one point.  something stops working about every month.  the newest thing is the seats, auto adjusting to wherever  the #### they want to go.  you'll get in the car and suddenly the seat will move into a position fit for for a 4'11" person.  it only does this when the car is off. :lmao:   we really need to get her a new car.
Probably jinxing the hell out of myself but my wife and I have a combined ~480k on our 2 cars.

I'm still rolling around in my 2004 Infiniti.  What a great car.  170K miles and still drives like a dream.  Will hand it down to Coop in a couple of years (my dad is giving the K-man his car at the end of Nov).  Man, time flies....

Not sure what I'll get after I hand my car down.  Since it'll be on the eve of college, I might just go carless since I commute to work most days.  I'd like to look at an EV, but man...those are pricey.  I've also never bought a new car in my entire life.  Always gently used. 

A couple weeks ago I found a bodega plastic bag next to my back door containing an empty chip bag and diarrhea. Today I found a poop-covered wash cloth sticking out of the gutter drain next to my back door. My theory is someone in the apartment building next door, for some reason, had the squirts into a plastic bag, wiped themselves with a wash cloth, and then tossed the bag out the window onto my pitched roof, where it was washed down the gutter. The real question, is what situation are you in where you find yourself compelled to toss a bag filled with your own excrement out an apartment window?

A couple weeks ago I found a bodega plastic bag next to my back door containing an empty chip bag and diarrhea. Today I found a poop-covered wash cloth sticking out of the gutter drain next to my back door. My theory is someone in the apartment building next door, for some reason, had the squirts into a plastic bag, wiped themselves with a wash cloth, and then tossed the bag out the window onto my pitched roof, where it was washed down the gutter. The real question, is what situation are you in where you find yourself compelled to toss a bag filled with your own excrement out an apartment window?
Go on...

/dentist 

I once ruined a bathroom at a mom and pop store in Crandon, WI and then realized I bought a jar of bread and butter pickles accidentally (I despise them).  I was pissed and recovering from my bathroom rope-a-dope so I left them in the parking lot.  I still can’t let it go.

Thanks again to those who donated to my fundraiser and apologies for being so late to post this.  I was blown away by the generosity here and from my IRL friends and family and raised ~$2000 for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.

I think I mentioned here that I intended to climb a mountain a day for 10 days straight, but what I ended up doing was 16 mountains in ten days instead. :)  On each one, I took either my 46climbs bandanna or t-shirt (46climbs was the fundraiser name) and took a picture of that at the summit.  Figured I'd share a few of those pictures with you (leaving out the duplicates and not-as-pretty ones) and thank you again for donating.

Mt. Storm King

Mt. Defiance - that's me in the background wearing my 46climbs t-shirt.  I have a close-up version of me on this mountain, but nuh-uh

Blue Mountain - that's my adorable 75-year-old mom

West Tiger Mountain - Boomer the Boston Terrier proudly sporting the bandanna

Mount Fremont

Third Burroughs

Second Burroughs

First Burroughs

Mt. Walker

Mt. Zion

Bonus pic of Mt. Rainier at sunrise, just because it's beautiful

:hot:   damn thing overheated last night.  assessing now.....what a jinx.

I'll happily invite any of you out to experience a piece of domesticated Otis life. You’ll Uber out to my house in Long Island. We’ll go out back and smoke cigars, drink beers/scotch/wine, talk about Shuke and Dodds, listen to some good slow jazz. I may lecture you about Thelonious Monk.  By the time you Uber back to your hotel in the city, you’ll be ready to drift off to the most peaceful of sleeps. No, it’s not as raucous as it used to be, but I can promise a good time and medium-to-good company.  Unless you’re single and looking for fun and wilding. I can no longer offer either. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If happily invite any of you out to experience a piece of domesticated Otis life. You’ll Uber out to my house in Long Island. We’ll go out back and smoke cigars, drink beers/scotch/wine, talk about Shuke and Dodds, listen to some good slow jazz. I may lecture you about Thelonious Monk.  By the time you Uber back to your hotel in the city, you’ll be ready to drift off to the most peaceful of sleeps. No, it’s not as raucous as it used to be, but I can promise a good time and medium-to-good company.  Unless you’re single and looking for fun and wilding. I can no longer offer either. 
Sold.

Lirr ticket purchased. Pick me up at the station in an hour. But no cigars. Way too phallic and stinky.

ETA... I can offer the same thing in the city. Well...minus the cigars of course. Or the nice back yard (we do have a city "nice" patio) or the good scotch. Or the melodius thunking. But basically the same. But you have to be out by 9 when the kids go to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread