What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (18 Viewers)

So I'm at Kroger and walking up to cash out. There are 3 cashier lanes wide open and they are staring me down. So I just walk up to the nearest lane to me and start placing my items on the belt.

This old lady cashier yells at me for having more than 15 items in my cart. I had no idea I was in he 15 items or less line and immediately apologized. I felt like a complete idiot. So I started collecting my items to leave.

This old lady was not done giving me the business. "You should pay attention to which line you are in." (Mind you I had 17 items in my cart, albeit big items, so she must have been the rain man of cashiers)

So I said, "No wonder you guys are going out of business." She says "Kroger isn't going out of business, sir." To which I said, "No, I meant old people."
I want to believe this really happened.
I say "no wonder you are going out of business" any time I have a problem at a store. Try it some time.If they care about the company at all, you know the type, they get real defensive or scared. Then there are those that just laugh it off.
"The special cabinet hardware I ordered last month still hasn't come in? No wonder you're going out of business."

"Actually I'm going out of business because my wife was killed by a drunk driver 3 weeks ago and I don't have the heart to care about anything. Thanks though."
Pretty much. But had he cared about my cabinets, maybe his wife wouldn't have been out cavorting about late at night where drink drivers are all over.

So I'm at Kroger and walking up to cash out. There are 3 cashier lanes wide open and they are staring me down. So I just walk up to the nearest lane to me and start placing my items on the belt.

This old lady cashier yells at me for having more than 15 items in my cart. I had no idea I was in he 15 items or less line and immediately apologized. I felt like a complete idiot. So I started collecting my items to leave.

This old lady was not done giving me the business. "You should pay attention to which line you are in." (Mind you I had 17 items in my cart, albeit big items, so she must have been the rain man of cashiers)

So I said, "No wonder you guys are going out of business." She says "Kroger isn't going out of business, sir." To which I said, "No, I meant old people."
I want to believe this really happened.
I say "no wonder you are going out of business" any time I have a problem at a store. Try it some time.If they care about the company at all, you know the type, they get real defensive or scared. Then there are those that just laugh it off.
"The special cabinet hardware I ordered last month still hasn't come in? No wonder you're going out of business."

"Actually I'm going out of business because my wife was killed by a drunk driver 3 weeks ago and I don't have the heart to care about anything. Thanks though."
Well then....

Just had a nice wrong number exchange

I was trying to reach someone at a company so was expecting a switchboard

Wrong number: hello?

Me: I was looking for Greg. I think I may have the wrong number

Wrong number: damn right you have the wrong number you ####### jerkoff

Me: sorry for the inconvenience

Wrong number: go #### your Mother

Me: have a nice day

Wrong number: No wonder you're going out of business!

You called Fuller?

Call him back and ask for Greg again.

Wait an hour and then call, tell him that you're Greg and that you gave his number to some shady dudes because you didn't want them to have yours and ask if anyone left a message for you.

So going to a Mexican restaurant for Cinco de Mayo was a bad idea. It was almost as if they didn't expect to be busy.

Pretty sure you should PM the number to a few GMTANNERs to call and ask for Greg.

Then have someone call and say they are Greg and ask if there are any messages for him.

Call him back and ask for Greg again.

Wait an hour and then call, tell him that you're Greg and that you gave his number to some shady dudes because you didn't want them to have yours and ask if anyone left a message for you.
What's the number?

You were asking for it

Pretty sure you should PM the number to a few GMTANNERs to call and ask for Greg.

Then have someone call and say they are Greg and ask if there are any messages for him.
Dozens of people calling from all over the country, asking for Greg.

I like this idea.
I thought about this but figure he can trace it back to my number (and it's my work number so don't need to deal with that)

Shark move is to set a reminder for 6 months and then go scorched earth

El Floppo said:
Mr.Pack said:
El Floppo said:
Officer Pete Malloy said:
El Floppo said:
Just found out one of the 3rd grade teachers at my 2nd grade son's school is named Mr Hand.
IF YOU DON'T TEACH YOUR KID TO SAY "ALOHA" TO THAT TEACHER EVERY TIME HE/SHE SEES HIM YOU HAVE FAILED AS A PERSON.
I don't follow.
OH COME ON
mahalo
here ya go
I don't follow.
:shrug:

El Floppo said:
Mr.Pack said:
El Floppo said:
Officer Pete Malloy said:
El Floppo said:
Just found out one of the 3rd grade teachers at my 2nd grade son's school is named Mr Hand.
IF YOU DON'T TEACH YOUR KID TO SAY "ALOHA" TO THAT TEACHER EVERY TIME HE/SHE SEES HIM YOU HAVE FAILED AS A PERSON.
I don't follow.
OH COME ON
mahalo
here ya go
I don't follow.
:shrug:
please keep trying. TIA.

Annyong said:
So going to a Mexican restaurant for Cinco de Mayo was a bad idea. It was almost as if they didn't expect to be busy.
:goodposting:

We went to a place that barely qualifies as Mexican, waited for someone to take our drink order for 20 minutes, and walked out.

Annyong said:
:goodposting: We went to a place that barely qualifies as Mexican, waited for someone to take our drink order for 20 minutes, and walked out.
Every restaurant here is Mexican restaurant. No wait. Go Texas.

Raise your hand if you've never seen or heard of the movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"?

:oldunsure:
It isn't a lot of trouble to watch, its old but still lots of good lines in it.

Then you can report back here about how its old and not funny and how you don't get it.
Raise your hand if you've never seen or heard of the movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"?

:oldunsure:
Pretty sure you are on am island
I've seen it a 100 times.

El Floppo had no clue where "Aloha Mr. Hand" came from, even after I linked the scene.

New name in the student database today:

X'Xavion Z. Lastname

I think he's part robot.

We're going to have to add that below Eskimo on the enrollment forms.

Also, his/her last name really isn't Lastname, but maybe it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread