Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Hypothetically speaking, if one were to find it necessary to make a second visit to the dispensary in the same Vegas trip, that would be suboptimal, right?

What with all your glaucoma? Totes fine

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:
2 hours ago, nightmare said:

Did John Bender get clipped? The Raccoon thread is in need of an update. 

Probably, he was getting pretty ornery the other day

it ties in better with the raccoon take-over either way.

2 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Rush tower at Golden Nugget are the nicest rooms I've seen downtown.  

Nothing is really smoke-free anywhere though.

Would second this. The Cabana Suites, where I was comped earlier, are 'smoke-free', but places like that have 50 years of vice and bad decisions oozing from their walls. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

I have always assumed that this was your standard work attire, regardless of season.

lol- basically right. (eta: fingerless gloves though, or I wouldn't be able to pump CAD)

"shine yer shooze, guvnah?"

Edited by El Floppo
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

"Pump CAD" is some kind of euphemism, right?

(I almost went with this one instead, since it had the gloves and the hipster specs.)

it's like I'm looking in a mirror.

years ago, when the infonetz were young- a previuos office cad/IT guy found some very serious dork autocad blog that, IIRC, was called "pumping cad"... or at least used the phrase. I still get a giggle using it. especially when I have to pump some cad. like now. I'm pumping cad right now

eta: and now I'm having a smoke, ready for a nap.

Edited by El Floppo
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

lol- basically right. (eta: fingerless gloves though, or I wouldn't be able to pump CAD)

"shine yer shooze, guvnah?"

pumping Canadian dollars in some sort of investment scheme?

:reported: ? ?

brohans i normally only post here once every 500 pages but the new upgrade got that all messed up so instead i will post right now to tell you to keep on keepin on and to cheer you up you should youtube when youre overqualified for the job video of a japanese cartoon song rock fest other than that take it to the bank and keep on being bromigos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UYgORr5Qhg

Edited by SWC
here you go bromigos ps that little guy is 100 percent brochacho thru and thru
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

Good lord, now I'm crying about pizza in the middle of the day.

(Usually I cry about pizza at night, and it's because I don't have any.)

• Like 2

That pizza/cancer story is nice but...

Today is “wear your favorite sports jersey day”.

I wore this one. https://borizjerseys.com/products/burt-reynolds-22-paul-crewe-mean-machine-convicts-football-jersey-the-longest-yard

i stopped to get gas on the way to work.   As I’m pumping gas this street warrior about 50 feet a way calls out to me “is that a Longest Yard jersey?”  I told him “yep”.

He says “Paul Crewe! Quarterback.  And I ain’t talking bout no Adam Sandler.  I’m talking bout Burt Reynolds.  Yessir!”

Little things like this can help restore your faith in humanity.

Edited by Officer Pete Malloy
  • Like 9
  • Thinking 1
27 minutes ago, krista4 said:

You chose naan over pizza imo

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

I wore this one. https://borizjerseys.com/products/burt-reynolds-22-paul-crewe-mean-machine-convicts-football-jersey-the-longest-yard

i stopped to get gas on The was to work.   As I’m pumping gas this street warrior about 50 feet a way calls out to me “is that a Longest Yard jersey?”  I told him “yep”.

He says “Paul Crewe! Quarterback.  And I ain’t talking bout no Adam Sandler.  I’m talking bout Burt Reynolds.  Yessir!”

more than fingerless gloves and singing doo-wop around the fire in the  metal garbage can I've set up in our breakroom.

29 minutes ago, krista4 said:

country western tune?

• Like 1

I've mentioned my kid's at a specialized music school for middle school. been great- he's really happy there.

he's learning music theory and music history- both new to him. mom helps him with homework. in the two essays he's had to write, he's referenced "western music", which mom can't understand isn't "country-western" music. but since I don't have time to help, I can't help. at all. like saying that "western" implies something other than slide guitar and lee jeans.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I've mentioned my kid's at a specialized music school for middle school. been great- he's really happy there.

he's learning music theory and music history- both new to him. mom helps him with homework. in the two essays he's had to write, he's referenced "western music", which mom can't understand isn't "country-western" music. but since I don't have time to help, I can't help. at all. like saying that "western" implies something other than slide guitar and lee jeans.

I’d just go with it.  Tell the wife your kid has to create a diorama featuring the life and times of Boxcar Willy.

Edited by Officer Pete Malloy
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, El Floppo said:

more than fingerless gloves and singing doo-wop around the fire in the  metal garbage can I've set up in our breakroom.

So, like that scene in "Rocky" (during the opening credits) where, with no context, Rock just walks into that group of dude's acappella-bonfire-in-a-trashcan-thing like it's a totally normal thing to be going down in the 'hood, but really was likely just a way to get his goofy brother into SAG?

Regardless, hopefully you're the Frank Stallone of your thing in the breakroom.  Particularly if it means you get to rock a sweet, sweet 70's Italian dude 'fro.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

i stopped to get gas on The was to work.   As I’m pumping gas this street warrior about 50 feet a way calls out to me “is that a Longest Yard jersey?”  I told him “yep”.

Street warrior = meth head, correct?

1 hour ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

So, like that scene in "Rocky" (during the opening credits) where, with no context, Rock just walks into that group of dude's acappella-bonfire-in-a-trashcan-thing like it's a totally normal thing to be going down in the 'hood, but really was likely just a way to get his goofy brother into SAG?

Regardless, hopefully you're the Frank Stallone of your thing in the breakroom.  Particularly if it means you get to rock a sweet, sweet 70's Italian dude 'fro.

always pictured @El Floppo looking more like Don Swayze

• Like 1

Had drinks with a friend/former colleague who had the subtext of meeting for drinks in trying to recruit me to his new place of employment. They do the Apex of what I do, for apparently good money but high stress and long hours. It's tempting. My new gig is ok money, and I'm learning solid administrative skills, but a step down in design from what I'm used to and has me questioning my long term desire to do this level of work, even prior to meeting my friend.

Plus, I'm drinks.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Had drinks with a friend/former colleague who had the subtext of meeting for drinks in trying to recruit me to his new place of employment. They do the Apex of what I do, for apparently good money but high stress and long hours. It's tempting. My new gig is ok money, and I'm learning solid administrative skills, but a step down in design from what I'm used to and has me questioning my long term desire to do this level of work, even prior to meeting my friend.

Plus, I'm drinks.

Amway?

48 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Amway?

If Amway is the 'apex' of MLM, what's the 'Flop' equivalent?  Essential oils?  Noni juice?  Magnets?  Pre-Paid Legal ServicesTM? Those catalogs where you can buy anything from personal massagers (pro tip: they're vibrators, ladies) to tins of multi-flavored popcorn?

Unrelated:  One of the projects at my place of business today got the rug pulled out from under it.  Second one in less than a year.  6 or 8 people sacked.  Luckily, I'm on another team, but ain't no one feeling very comfy now.  I will quietly be putting out feelers fo' sho', so any of y'all So Cal types that know anyone who needs a ruggedly handsome, somewhat jaded, tired, aging creative type that wants to find a place to tick off the days til he dies, the line forms here! (actually that all isn't exactly true.....I'm probably completely jaded)

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
  • Like 1

Bad Chinese and martinis really did not mix well. :hangover:

Good luck with work 5ish. 

I hate being in an industry where one project disappearing means people out of work. ####### nerve-wracking.

Had the shift in coasts worked out otherwise?