Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, mr. furley said:

community trick or treating event today. hs/college aged girl wearing a toilet seat around her neck with "i want you to share my toilet" written on the lid.

any idea what that's about?

Oh?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Officer Pete Malloy

    5008

  • General Malaise

    4491

  • El Floppo

    4250

  • kevzilla

    3112

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Thanks for all the thropwas everybody.  I'm doing alright, hanging out with family and friends, tipping back cold ones, grilling and enjoying 80 degree weather.  Despite being a little sad, I'm reliev

Posted Images

13 hours ago, mr. furley said:

community trick or treating event today. hs/college aged girl wearing a toilet seat around her neck with "i want you to share my toilet" written on the lid.

any idea what that's about?

Perhaps someone that is a kindred spirit to Dentist.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

More work fun this week:  Another one bites the dust.  Lost another colleague on Friday, this time from my team.  Reports are that they were let go at the behest of our team's client. ?  So, apparently I no longer work for my studio, I remain employed at the whim of some dude/group of dudes sitting several thousand miles away that has no idea what my responsibilities may be any given week?  Greeeeeat.   This does not feel like it is going to end well.  At. All.

"But stay motivated guys!  Milestones etc, etc,!"

 

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

More work fun this week:  Another one bites the dust.  Lost another colleague on Friday, this time from my team.  Reports are that they were let go at the behest of our team's client. ?  So, apparently I no longer work for my studio, I remain employed at the whim of some dude/group of dudes sitting several thousand miles away that has no idea what my responsibilities may be any given week?  Greeeeeat.   This does not feel like it is going to end well.  At. All.

"But stay motivated guys!  Milestones etc, etc,!"

 

Time to proactively look around for operation next, imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, badmojo1006 said:

Here is a tip: Pulled Pork in a can is gross, really :X

I have tried everything in my pantry to spice it up, I is edible now. Not great but edible

In the tinned meat category is mid-tier

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Time to proactively look around for operation next, imo.

Have been quietly for a couple weeks, honestly.  Sort of what I intimated to earlier in the thread from a few days ago.....the rub is I'm not sure what "next" needs to be.  This industry is grinding me to a nub.  There are certainly other studios local, and I've reached out to a couple colleagues who had already moved on (no action yet).   Biggest question for me is whether I want to go rinse/repeat this process someplace else and be back at the same square in another year.  Cuz it feels like that's just sort of how it all operates any more.  Land a bid, work your people like hell for 8 or 10 months in hopes you find another project in the interim.  If you don't?   Mass layoffs and the "this is the part we hate about this industry!!" speech.   It's pretty demoralizing on its best day, and anger inducing on its worst.

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

Have been quietly for a couple weeks, honestly.  Sort of what I intimated to earlier in the thread from a few days ago.....the rub is I'm not sure what "next" needs to be.  This industry is grinding me to a nub.  There are certainly other studios local, and I've reached out to a couple colleagues who had already moved on (no action yet).   Biggest question for me is whether I want to go rinse/repeat this process someplace else and be back at the same square in another year.  Cuz it feels like that's just sort of how it all operates any more.  Land a bid, work your people like hell for 8 or 10 months in hopes you find another project in the interim.  If you don't?   Mass layoffs and the "this is the part we hate about this industry!!" speech.   It's pretty demoralizing on its best day, and anger inducing on its worst.

I forget you are an architect too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Started my day with a text from my daughter her school was on lock down and she thought it was real

She was scared because there was no teacher in the room to lock the door so she organized the kids to move the teachers desk in front of the door so it couldn’t be opened. 

I texted my son and he confirmed they were on lockdown and there was a shooting but wasn’t hearing anymore shots. 

Turns out 2 students got in a fight and one kid pulled a gun and killed the other kid.

It was pretty much chaos and the school couldn’t have handled things worse and even announced 2nd period and midterms would go on as scheduled. 

My son rounded up his sister and her friends and got them home. 

Seeing them walking in the door safe hit me way harder than I imagined. 

A little eerie as my daughter was saying yesterday how they needed to do a lockdown before school or between classes so they could be prepared.  She is one smart kid and so glad we had talked thru what to do.  On the other hand it sucks that these are the conversations you have to have these days.  

Not really looking for any response it just felt good to type some thougts as we process this and that’s one reason this thread is here   

Give your kids an extra squeeze tonight. 

  • Like 8
  • Sad 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

holy hell- I saw that in the news... never considered it would hit close to home for anybody here. 

really glad your kids are safe- and you have to be proud of how they handled themselves. heartbreaking they have to even consider this crap. kids will get hugged tightly tonight.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DA RAIDERS said:

Meh. If we’re allowed to have a second team, the dodgers are mine. I grew up in the shadow of the stadium and had free Friday night fireworks all my life. 

giants fan. dodgers are the yuck.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

My god, that's terrifying.  Happy to hear your kids are safe.  Cannot believe how numb we are now as a nation to gun violence here.  :noPolitics:

I haven’t liked the new normal for quite a while.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

I haven’t liked the new normal for quite a while.

It’s become so noramalized the school initially thought it was appropriate to carry on with the regular school day and mid-terms. Students please step around the crime tape and blood stains in the hall. ?

Just a sad situation all around. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, berndog said:

It’s become so noramalized the school initially thought it was appropriate to carry on with the regular school day and mid-terms. Students please step around the crime tape and blood stains in the hall. ?

Just a sad situation all around. 

Any individual making that decision should be fired. That's totally insane.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Is it? I thought 'neither' and 'nor' went together. Paging @krista4 to the white courtesy phone.

tbh- the double neg thing made me giggle a bit in relation to that pick up artist thing. I was going more for that than any grammatical nazi funny business. but I guess I'm pot-committed now and will live and die on this sword. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, berndog said:

It’s become so noramalized the school initially thought it was appropriate to carry on with the regular school day and mid-terms. Students please step around the crime tape and blood stains in the hall. ?

Just a sad situation all around. 

South Park had a good episode about that this season

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

tbh- the double neg thing made me giggle a bit in relation to that pick up artist thing. I was going more for that than any grammatical nazi funny business. but I guess I'm pot-committed now and will live and die on this sword. 

moving on to mixed metaphors now

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, berndog said:

Started my day with a text from my daughter her school was on lock down and she thought it was real

She was scared because there was no teacher in the room to lock the door so she organized the kids to move the teachers desk in front of the door so it couldn’t be opened. 

I texted my son and he confirmed they were on lockdown and there was a shooting but wasn’t hearing anymore shots. 

Turns out 2 students got in a fight and one kid pulled a gun and killed the other kid.

It was pretty much chaos and the school couldn’t have handled things worse and even announced 2nd period and midterms would go on as scheduled. 

My son rounded up his sister and her friends and got them home. 

Seeing them walking in the door safe hit me way harder than I imagined. 

A little eerie as my daughter was saying yesterday how they needed to do a lockdown before school or between classes so they could be prepared.  She is one smart kid and so glad we had talked thru what to do.  On the other hand it sucks that these are the conversations you have to have these days.  

Not really looking for any response it just felt good to type some thougts as we process this and that’s one reason this thread is here   

Give your kids an extra squeeze tonight. 

Hadn't heard about this so I googled it. Wound up on wbtv.com. They have the story, and right beneath the mugshot of the shooter, there was an ad for hot deals on firearms and ammo at Academy Sports.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm fairly sure that a dude i know has his mug plastered on the main page of a reddit sub with a woman who isn't his wife.... and that wife will actually slice his frank and beans off  :mellow:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 1:02 PM, General Malaise said:

My god, that's terrifying.  Happy to hear your kids are safe.  Cannot believe how numb we are now as a nation to gun violence here.  :noPolitics:

South Park ep 2 of the current season was pretty much exactly about this.  And handled with all the subtlety you would expect.

I see @Dan Lambskin covered this several hours ago.  I'll see myself out.

Edited by heckmanm
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

i'm fairly sure that a dude i know has his mug plastered on the main page of a reddit sub with a woman who isn't his wife.... and that wife will actually slice his frank and beans off  :mellow:

linky?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, arrow1 said:
1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

i'm fairly sure that a dude i know has his mug plastered on the main page of a reddit sub with a woman who isn't his wife.... and that wife will actually slice his frank and beans off  :mellow:

linky?

pretty sure furls is talking about himself- let's leave him some latitude, or at least give him a chance at a head start.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...