Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

37 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

NYC ToT is insane. In a good way... People go all out. Taking the kids home and will implement the daddy-tax

The wife reminds me last year, that ahole drove down the west side bikelane and killed a bunch of people Halloween morning.... Put an understandable damper on things.

Tonight, it's over 60deg, and I don't remember it ever being so busy out.

Kids had a blast and pulled a good haul.

Hope everybody else is having a great Halloween.

• Like 2
  • Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

Third visitor was a dog.  Just a dog.  Ran up and sniffed around all the offerings, found them wanting, and left.  :lmao:

ETA:  Dressed as a bumblebee.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Third visitor was a dog.  Just a dog.  Ran up and sniffed around all the offerings, found them wanting, and left.  :lmao:

kids have advance scouts now. what a world we live in.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, eoMMan said:

No tricker treaters yet. I've bought waaaaay too much candy.

Worse candy.....candy corn or circus peanuts?

Best candy....Reeses PB cups or Reeses PB cups?

Circus peanuts and it’s not close.  Reese’s Pieces Cups are so freakin good.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

kids have advance scouts now. what a world we live in.

:lmao:  I expected him to be seen again with kids later, but nope.  Just out trick-or-treating on his own, I guess.  Next year will include Milk-Bones in the bowls.

• Like 3

Off to Mexico Saturday morning for some much-needed down time.

Got a great deal, even for an AI. I've stayed at this place 11 or 12 times in the last decade and this was the cheapest rate I've ever gotten (and I'm paying the single-occupancy penalty). Having a friend who's a travel agent doesn't hurt, as she watches this stuff like a hawk and let's me know when a good time to pull the trigger is. In fact, she'll be there part of the time I will.

• Like 7

Got a knock on my door this morning at 9:50.   Guy from the power company.   

"We're working on the street behind your house.   Is it ok with you if we shut off your power from 10 a.m. to around 1 or 2 p.m.?"

"No, I work from home.  That would shut me down."

"So that's a no?"

"Yeah, no.   Did you really think I'd agree to having my power shut off on 10 minutes notice?"

"We were hoping you weren't home."

Edited by -fish-
  • Like 6
21 hours ago, krista4 said:

ETA:  Dressed as a bumblebee.

Put out Reeses trees. While we were st lunch, the stoner poodle and his accomplices ate the 30-40 we left in a bowl.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mrip541 said:

What the hell happened to the Travel Channel? It's solid ghost shows 5 days a week as far forward as the schedule will show. 1 day seems to be devoted to mysteries at the museum, and 1 day has actual travel content. 

Sundance Chanel says come on down. And while you’re there, watch some Law and Order.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mrip541 said:

What the hell happened to the Travel Channel? It's solid ghost shows 5 days a week as far forward as the schedule will show. 1 day seems to be devoted to mysteries at the museum, and 1 day has actual travel content. 

I think the History Channel has disintegrated into 5 versions of shows with guys making swords.  

• Like 3
5 hours ago, cosjobs said:

They have a superior peanut butter to chocolate ratio.

YES.  The ratio in Reeses eggs and trees is far superior to the regular Reeses.

3 hours ago, McJose said:

Good lord

PSF got you down and out?

34 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Sundance Chanel says come on down. And while you’re there, watch some Law and Order.

:goodposting: What the hell happened here?  I used to think this was a good movie channel on par with IFC.  Then accidentally left it on one day while scrolling through and seeing The Dead Zone was on and wanted to see the part where he holds the baby up to protect him from a shooter, and I saw they were advertising a Criminal Minds marathon.  And they bleep the movies.  And have ads.

55 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

I think the History Channel has disintegrated into 5 versions of shows with guys making swords.  

A few years ago they had a show called Milwaukee Blacksmiths for like 10 episodes. Turns out my wife is friends with the family and one of the episodes is about them making a gate or something for her school. Kinda cool to see local small businesses get a little pub. I've met them a few times. They're awesome people that really needed what little money the History Channel offered.

But yeah, History Channel hasn't been about history in almost a decade. Hell, TLC is not about learning. MTV is not about music. Etc..

7 hours ago, mrip541 said:

Yeah, noticed this a couple weeks ago. I suppose the next step will be some sort of ghost "competition" show.

Is the "travel" content at least on the same day each week so I can plan for it?

We've got this special ed (very mild) kid that says the greatest things ever.

• He picks up this heavy padlock we use to secure our computer carts, sniffs it, and says "this smells like pure metal".
  • Asks the guy that teaches next to me "for $10 million would you smoke a joint?"
  • Out on the playground he approaches our principal and asks "Mr. Jones? Have you ever given your wife a massage?"
  • Like 12

Taking Coop to the Ducks' game tomorrow vs UCLA.  I don't really care about the game much anymore (both teams suck) and the return of Chip Kelly is not nearly as intriguing as the local media has made it out to be.  But I am looking forward to "forcing" my 14 year old son to spend some time with me.  We're going to get down there early, hit a cool sports bar for burgers, watch some games on TV, then make the cool walk to the stadium (really awesome footbridge over the roaring Willamette river, cool forest with paths and then it opens up to the big yellow "O" of Autzen).  Afterwards, we're going straight west to Florence where we'll stay the night, grab some late night grub and then drive up the coast on 101 in the morning.  I downloaded some Podcasts to listen to with him.  

More excited I could not be.  Those of you with teens or older know that you blink, and they're out of the house.  I'm going to get my time in with them while I can.  

Edited by General Malaise
  • Like 15
18 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Taking Coop to the Ducks' game tomorrow vs UCLA.  I don't really care about the game much anymore (both teams suck) and the return of Chip Kelly is not nearly as intriguing as the local media has made it out to be.  But I am looking forward to "forcing" my 14 year old son to spend some time with me.  We're going to get down there early, hit a cool sports bar for burgers, watch some games on TV, then make the cool walk to the stadium (really awesome footbridge over the roaring Willamette river, cool forest with paths and then it opens up to the big yellow "O" of Autzen).  Afterwards, we're going straight west to Florence where we'll stay the night, grab some late night grub and then drive up the coast on 101 in the morning.  I downloaded some Podcasts to listen to with him.  

More excited I could not be.  Those of you with teens or older know that you blink, and they're out of the house.  I'm going to get my time in with them while I can.  

Or not.

• Like 1

floppinha does the occasional acting/modeling gig... wife sent something in for cat fancy magazine, or its equivalent... floppinha and lillo-cat booked the gig and are shooting right now with some other cats, kids and a turtle.

lillo's been acting like a #### for three days, ####### diva male model dirtbag

• Like 3
2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Nice.  Doing some paintball with the boy tomorrow.  Not quite as extensive as your plan, but still looking forward to it.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, El Floppo said:

floppinha does the occasional acting/modeling gig... wife sent something in for cat fancy magazine, or its equivalent... floppinha and lillo-cat booked the gig and are shooting right now with some other cats, kids and a turtle.

lillo's been acting like a #### for three days, ####### diva male model dirtbag

pic.

not cat fancy... some parenting magazine or website or something. lillo is one of the most chill cats I've ever been around- completely amenable to any situation... at home at least. guess he had a problem with the little sandwiches in the green room- wanted to fold them, but kept folding them and was left with nothing.

Edited by El Floppo
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, El Floppo said:

pic.

not cat fancy... some parenting magazine or website or something. lillo is one of the most chill cats I've ever been around- completely amenable to any situation... at home at least. guess he had a problem with the little sandwiches in the green room- wanted to fold them, but kept folding them and was left with nothing.

2, 1

3 hours ago, El Floppo said:

pic.

Not to be racist but Orange cats are typically very cool.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

Totes forgot to post here yesterday. OG GMTAN vets might appreciate this one. Had  a Facebook memory of Tanner posting something on my FB like "Congratulations! So happy for you!" That was good shtick.

What was it in reference to?

12 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Great stuff.    I remember when I moved to Boise 8 years ago.  My youngest was 13 at the time.  We lived close enough that we would bike down the green belt on the river to the stadium and sit in the GA seats in the south end zone.  Great times.  

Tomorrow we are going to the BSU BYU game and we are going to a huge tailgate put on by my lender and get hammered together and yell at BYU fans. 

Edited by Getzlaf15
  • Like 2

One of the kids that my daughter knows—not really a friend, but she knows her well enough that I’ve taken her tubing on my boat—13 year old girl, OD’d on heroin today.  She’s in ICU.  Prognosis not good.  This is after a 15 year old at her school died last week from taking fake Xanax that was really mostly Chinese fentanyl. 

I was a little over the top with my anti-drug rant to my daughter, and my girlfriend tried to intervene.  I don’t think we’re going out anymore.  Telling me how to parent when there are kids dying and overdosing anywhere near roverkid is not a good idea.

Edited by -fish-
  • Like 2
  • Sad 9