What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (8 Viewers)

Saw either a werewolf or the world’s biggest, snarliest, hunchbackiest coyote just daring cars to hit it tonight. Thing was a monster. It’s only about two miles from Paul Brown Stadium. Maybe it will bite some Bengal linebacker and the resulting superpowerr will elevate him to an average tackler.

I think our dishwasher died last night....

Is Lowes/Home Depot to place to go?  

I would need them to deliver and install as well.

Any suggestions/tips/shart moves?

Install? I'm a complete simpleton when it comes to handy work and even I could install a dishwasher in a place where one has already been. 

GMTAN could use some positive news...just got off the phone with the colorectal surgeon's office. The two polyps they found were not a problem from a pathological standpoint, and I'm back on the five-year plan. :bowtie:  
congrads on your butt!

or is that in your butt.

I guess half of one, six dozen of the other.

Really depends.  Purchase and delivery from either are good.  They usually offer free delivery with purchase over say 400 bucks or so and interest free loans on higher end stuff is generally available too.  Installs, are trickier.  If it's a straight swap, I'd have them do it, and buy the hoses and any connectors necessary from them, as it's pretty hassle free.  Install pricing is generally cheap enough that I'd rather have someone do it for me.  But, the last install was not a straight swap as I had just had custom built cabinets set and the size didn't match up exact and some cuts in the frame and floor needed to be made.  I would not trust a Lowe's installer to do that and they would charge you an arm and a leg.  Luckily my contractor was still doing some touch ups and did this all for me and I was much appreciative.

Pro tip - if there is so much as a dent or knick in the machine, point it out at time of delivery.  99x out of a 100 you will get a discount of some sort.  I bought a refrigerator from Lowe's about 10 years ago, and while I don't remember the exact prices, I think it was about 1500 bucks for purchase, delivery and install.  Thing got there and had a dent that I could not see at all (it's a black fridge).  Plus it was facing the cabinet so in order for anyone to see it you would literally have to pull the fridge away from the wall, inspect it and see a dent maybe the size of a nickel on that thing.  Got $250.00 off my order which more than offset any delivery/install costs.  Couldn't have been more pleased.  Plus their guy pointed it out to me.  Yes, I tipped him nicely.

Install? I'm a complete simpleton when it comes to handy work and even I could install a dishwasher in a place where one has already been. 
Trust me...I'd manage it to screw it up in some way and flood our kitchen.

shuke makes a good point about having them haul away the old one is a perk when getting them to install the new one.

Agreed, but Lowe's installation also gets you someone to come in and haul the old one away.  I think it's pretty cheap.
This.

When I got my new dishwasher from Lowe's a couple of years ago, it was actually cheaper for me to upgrade past the free delivery/free haul-away threshold than my original choice + install + haul-away fees. I was gonna have it installed any way I went - physically can't wrestle with appliances anymore - so it was a no-brainer for me.

Our dishwasher conked out about 6 months ago.  There are only 3 of us in the house now and we don't do a ton of large-scale cooking.

We haven't replaced the dishwasher yet.  Doing them by hand takes about 5 minutes a day.   :shrug:  

When I renovated my kitchen, the contractors installed the dishwasher incorrectly and it flooded my kitchen.  That was fun.  I have no idea how to install it myself, but I could probably do a better job than those clowns. 

Agreed, but Lowe's installation also gets you someone to come in and haul the old one away.  I think it's pretty cheap.
I did this with Lowe's a few weeks ago.  Well worth the money to haul it out and make sure the new one fit properly.

We just got a new fridge from Lowe’s.  $20 for delivery, hookup, and haul away of the old one.  I try to do as much as I can myself but that is great value. 

Have you thought about teaching? Like if you were really, really desperate.
I did.  Then I thought of Tanner.  Then I punched myself in the face.

People have asked me this before.  I honestly don't feel that I have the patience.  I'd likely be a pretty lousy teacher.

Party in kev's colon! 
Name of my Frankie Goes To Hollywood cover band.

Well, it is extra-long....
I was gonna say, there's all the extra room may as well cash in on it.

We just got a new fridge from Lowe’s.  $20 for delivery, hookup, and haul away of the old one.  I try to do as much as I can myself but that is great value. 
$20 is probably worth it just to have them get rid of the old one.....until you realize that if you drag your fridge to a curb and post on Craigslist "Old fridge at 1313 Shukeville Plaza.  Prolly still works." that it will disappear, as if by magic, within 15 minutes.

Our landlord did this a couple weeks back when our washer/dryer got replaced.  Thing sounded like a turbine mating with a chainsaw on the spin cycle, and was clearly a scratch/dent special.   He manhandled it down the stairs and plunked it in a parking space.  Gone in 10 minutes. We didn't even see the perp that picked it up, they were that fast/quiet.  It was like it was sucked into an appliance vortex.

$20 is probably worth it just to have them get rid of the old one.....until you realize that if you drag your fridge to a curb and post on Craigslist "Old fridge at 1313 Shukeville Plaza.  Prolly still works." that it will disappear, as if by magic, within 15 minutes.

Our landlord did this a couple weeks back when our washer/dryer got replaced.  Thing sounded like a turbine mating with a chainsaw on the spin cycle, and was clearly a scratch/dent special.   He manhandled it down the stairs and plunked it in a parking space.  Gone in 10 minutes. We didn't even see the perp that picked it up, they were that fast/quiet.  It was like it was sucked into an appliance vortex.
Having to get the old one out of the house and to the curb is worth $20

Pretty sure anything that is even 5% metal (like Jethro Tull winning that Grammy) would disappear from my curbside in under an hour.
used to be like this in my neighborhood as well. then we moved and it's more like "the city will swoop in and slap a warning sticker on anything you've left on the curb inside of 5 minutes".

it's uncanny. like the city has drones patrolling the neighborhood for violations.

local independent league baseball team just changed their name from the Bullfrogs to the Booyah. 

booyah is a local chicken soup, more or less. it's very regional. as in, people outside of a couple counties in Northeast Wisconsin have probably never heard of it.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/11/14/booyah-green-bay-bullfrogs-get-new-name-logos/

"Logos show the chicken carrying an oar (which is sometimes used in making the stew), being boiled alive while sitting in a giant kettle, or simply shouting out the name of its own dish."

not sure if i love it or hate it

eta: just noticed in the sidebar of that site that Amarillo, TX has a team named the Sod Poodles.  so maybe Booyah isn't so bad  :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

First of all, how are you?

Second, google your dishwasher model number and make sure it isn't something stupid you can fix easily. Did this for mine a couple weeks ago and turns out there is a filter basket under the drain that needed emptying. I didn't even know it had one of those. Took me less than five minutes. Also, there's probably a light switch somewhere that turns it on/off. Make sure it didn't get turned off.

First of all, how are you?

Second, google your dishwasher model number and make sure it isn't something stupid you can fix easily. Did this for mine a couple weeks ago and turns out there is a filter basket under the drain that needed emptying. I didn't even know it had one of those. Took me less than five minutes. Also, there's probably a light switch somewhere that turns it on/off. Make sure it didn't get turned off.
I'm great, thanks!

Yes, I do think that the dishwasher can be fixed but it's about 10 years old (maybe older) and it came with the house when we moved in.  We definitely got good use out of it.  Honestly, I just don't want to spend the hours fighting with it and running back and forth to Lowes/Home Depot to get it fixed and then have it CONCH out in 6 months.  Ya dig?  

I'm great, thanks!

Yes, I do think that the dishwasher can be fixed but it's about 10 years old (maybe older) and it came with the house when we moved in.  We definitely got good use out of it.  Honestly, I just don't want to spend the hours fighting with it and running back and forth to Lowes/Home Depot to get it fixed and then have it CONCH out in 6 months.  Ya dig?  
I only meant fix it if it was a five minute job and no trips or tools. Otherwise

local independent league baseball team just changed their name from the Bullfrogs to the Booyah. 

booyah is a local chicken soup, more or less. it's very regional. as in, people outside of a couple counties in Northeast Wisconsin have probably never heard of it.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/11/14/booyah-green-bay-bullfrogs-get-new-name-logos/

"Logos show the chicken carrying an oar (which is sometimes used in making the stew), being boiled alive while sitting in a giant kettle, or simply shouting out the name of its own dish."

not sure if i love it or hate it

eta: just noticed in the sidebar of that site that Amarillo, TX has a team named the Sod Poodles.  so maybe Booyah isn't so bad  :shrug:
And somehow you have no issue with a team being called the Packers 

Users who are viewing this thread