What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (13 Viewers)

I just received an email from the craziest member of my family detailing how each generation of my family is related to every famous person with my mother's last name.  With cousin number/removal number.  What is the appropriate response to this?

Is her last name Bacon? 
No.

"Famous" is probably the wrong way to put this.  "Has his or her own Wikipedia page and has been dead a long time" is probably closer.

Like if you got a mass email saying "Henry, James, and Wilson you three brothers are the fourth cousin six times removed from General Custer.  And Karl and Jenny, you two are the third cousin four times removed from General Custer, and Betsy and Vernon, you are the fifth cousin five times removed from General Custer" and on and on and on for the twenty people cc'd on the email, dealing with about six different unbelievably distant dead relatives.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received an email from the craziest member of my family detailing how each generation of my family is related to every famous person with my mother's last name.  With cousin number/removal number.  What is the appropriate response to this?
If it were in my family I would either ignore, like I probably would for all of that person's communications, or I would mess with them.  Depends on the relationship.  Under no circumstances are you to take any of it seriously, though.  Do not argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

If it were in my family I would either ignore, like I probably would for all of that person's communications, or I would mess with them.  Depends on the relationship.  Under no circumstances are you to take any of it seriously, though.  Do not argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
There's nothing to really argue about, it's just a really weird email out of the blue.

I really am bad at home repairs. But it was a miracle when I replaced our Garbage disposal and it worked fine

Felt pretty good about it
Awesome. Somehow I have, over the last 20+ years, become a master at replacing disposals.

• Broke one in an apartment and figured the landlord would over charge me. Replaced it like a champ.
  • Replaced an old one in a house I rented from my dad.
  • Replaced one for my mom.
  • Re-replaced same one as above when it died after 5 years. Mom actually still had receipt and it was under warranty.
  • Replaced an ancient one when we moved into our condo 14 years ago.
  • Replaced same one just a few months ago. 
Weird flex, I know.

Need some wine advice as I got drafted to bring it for Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, a metric tonne of starches, and some vegan stuff are being served.

My knowledge of wine is basically that I know not to bring the 7 bottles of TJ Swan a friend & I drank one night in 1978.

Need some wine advice as I got drafted to bring it for Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, a metric tonne of starches, and some vegan stuff are being served.

My knowledge of wine is basically that I know not to bring the 7 bottles of TJ Swan a friend & I drank one night in 1978.
Viognier.

Biz Markie's DJ?

Pinot Noir would be my go-to for turkey.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you have a Costco there you can look for Evolution from Sokol Blosser which is a white blend and very solid for the $$.  You can probably find it without a Costco.  On the red side, a nice Pinot Noir would work well. Plenty from your buddy GM's neck of the woods that price between 15-25 that will pair perfectly with turkey.  

1988 me would have gone with grape MadDog and Sprite, but the young ladies all preferred Boone’s Farm or Bartles and James.

If you have the time there's a winery not far from you, Fox Meadow, that makes a great blended white. But you can't go very wrong if you bring a bottle of Riesling, either.

Users who are viewing this thread