What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (12 Viewers)

Hey, people who know young people, I need a translation.

In the context of a discussion with someone on my town's facebook page (in which it's been alleged that a young woman committed a crime, but no one has proof) this was said:

"Yeah, but y'all saw the drugs she got for the low low though right?"

Can someone please tell me what the hell that means?

Hey, people who know young people, I need a translation.

In the context of a discussion with someone on my town's facebook page (in which it's been alleged that a young woman committed a crime, but no one has proof) this was said:

"Yeah, but y'all saw the drugs she got for the low low though right?"

Can someone please tell me what the hell that means?
she purchased drugs cheaply from somewhere/someone

or she got them free via means of theft

or, it's sarcastically stated because she's being committed to a mental institution for all the free lithium she could ever have wanted

Last edited by a moderator:
she purchased drugs cheaply from somewhere/someone

or she got them free via means of theft
That's not a translation I would have seen.  Thank you.

Does this mean "on the low low" no longer means "on the serious down low"?

answer received: she was selling drugs at a discount price. 

I just made Joe’s red salsa.  Two jalapeños and one habanero.  It’s really good y’all!!! 

We usually come down to the Detroit parade and freeze our asses off.  Turns out this year one of our friends works in an office with a beautiful 3rd floor view

oh and they have free beer on tap all over the building 

i guess millennials are good for something 

We usually come down to the Detroit parade and freeze our asses off.  Turns out this year one of our friends works in an office with a beautiful 3rd floor view

oh and they have free beer on tap all over the building 

i guess millennials are good for something 
wework?

You guys watch the profile on Aaron Maybin post-NFL that was on CBS just now? The guy’s awesome since he busted out of the NFL.  Teaching inner city elementary school kids, making coloring books for urban environments (he’s a stellar artist and does the work himself) and an activist for his elementary school who got the city to fix the heat in the school for the first time in years.  

Picked a weird day to get in shape but decided that if I'm going to consume 5000 calories of crap today maybe I should burn a few.

It's like throwing a deck chair off the Titanic yes, but I managed to walk 3 miles and then rake the driveway, street gutters, sidewalk and mow the lawn.

One thing I noticed is I'm in horrible shape.  

Hope everyone has a wonderful and happy day

Picked a weird day to get in shape but decided that if I'm going to consume 5000 calories of crap today maybe I should burn a few.

It's like throwing a deck chair off the Titanic yes, but I managed to walk 3 miles and then rake the driveway, street gutters, sidewalk and mow the lawn.

One thing I noticed is I'm in horrible shape.  

Hope everyone has a wonderful and happy day
Every journey starts with a single step. And 5000 calories.

Henry Ford said:
You guys watch the profile on Aaron Maybin post-NFL that was on CBS just now? The guy’s awesome since he busted out of the NFL.  Teaching inner city elementary school kids, making coloring books for urban environments (he’s a stellar artist and does the work himself) and an activist for his elementary school who got the city to fix the heat in the school for the first time in years.  
Saw that. Very cool. 

Shockingly it probably isn’t all that easy to be married to me...

Last night the wife and I were in the car on the way to the drinking hole.  

Wife: I haven’t eaten since lunch. I think I might have to get food when we get there.

Me: I had half a sandwich while you were getting ready but feel free to do whatever you want.

Now for some reason my wife hates it when I say “but feel free to do whatever you want”. I don’t say it snarky or anything.  It just bugs her.

Wife: I HATE it when you say that.

Me: Why? I’m just saying that you can order food if you want.

Wife: I know but it’s the way you say it?

Me: How do I say it?

Wife: First of all it’s the tone. Actually there are two tones..

Me: Two Tone? I LOVE Two Tone [I break into the sax riff from “One Step Beyond”]

Wife:;[pissed]

Me: Ok, ok. I’m sorry. I was just playing around. Go ahead.

Wife: No.

Me: seriously. I’m sorry. I want to hear what you were going to say.

Wife: Fine. When you say...

Me: ONE STEP BEYOND!

Henry Ford said:
It's awesome.

Still one of Buffalo's worst picks ever.

Wife: I haven’t eaten since lunch. I think I might have to get food when we get there.

Me: I had half a sandwich while you were getting ready but feel free to do whatever you want.

Now for some reason my wife hates it when I say “but feel free to do whatever you want”. I don’t say it snarky or anything.  It just bugs her.

Me: Two Tone? I LOVE Two Tone [I break into the sax riff from “One Step Beyond”]

marry me

Does everyone remember up thread when someone else asked me if I ever thought of teaching, and I said "Yeah, but then I thought of Tanner and I punched myself in the face."?

This.  This kind of thing is why I punched myself in the face.

I ate very well today. Had good food,  but also had a small portion.

Just getting over the stomach flu and the appetite is not back yet. 

I don't ever want to feel the way I felt the past 4 days ever again

I do most of the cooking in my family.  Very successful year from a food standpoint (though my cheesecake was off - I don’t think I softened the cream cheese enough before mixing.)

Plus it was hard to finish the cooking of dessert after I stabbed myself in the hand with a paring knife.  Not poked or prodded or anything. Just full on “clueless old man” put a paring knife an inch into my left hand while cutting potatoes in half to boil them.

That’s fine, right? That will just heal? 

I do most of the cooking in my family.  Very successful year from a food standpoint (though my cheesecake was off - I don’t think I softened the cream cheese enough before mixing. 

Plus it was hard to finish the cooking of dessert after I stabbed myself in the hand with a paring knife.  Not poked or prodded or anything. Just full on “clueless old man” put a paring knife an inch into my left hand while cutting potatoes in half to boil them.

TPW for HF's hand. 

I do most of the cooking in my family.  Very successful year from a food standpoint (though my cheesecake was off - I don’t think I softened the cream cheese enough before mixing.)

My mom was tasked with most of the Thanksgiving cooking this year, which I correctly predicted would result in her constantly telling us how she could have done this or that better even though it was all delicious.  But Mr. krista said he'd make dessert.  Yesterday I looked over to the kitchen and saw blood all over the place.  I was immediately horrified and asked if that was his blood (well yeah, duh), but he brushed it off and said, while holding his gushing finger, that it wasn't so bad and he had "just sliced my finger through on the mandolin."  Ugggghhhh.

Anyway, hope your finger regrows or whatever.  Thanksgiving is a dangerous time.  Our blood-stained apple thingie was great, though.

Maybe you can have it replaced with a cow hoof?

My mom was tasked with most of the Thanksgiving cooking this year, which I correctly predicted would result in her constantly telling us how she could have done this or that better even though it was all delicious.  But Mr. krista said he'd make dessert.  Yesterday I looked over to the kitchen and saw blood all over the place.  I was immediately horrified and asked if that was his blood (well yeah, duh), but he brushed it off and said, while holding his gushing finger, that it wasn't so bad and he had "just sliced my finger through on the mandolin."  Ugggghhhh.

Anyway, hope your finger regrows or whatever.  Thanksgiving is a dangerous time.  Our blood-stained apple thingie was great, though.
Mandolins are serious business.  I won’t go near it without the guide thing or a fork for smaller items.  Hope Mr. Krista’s finger grows back thicker and fuller.

Was he playing Madness on the mandolin?

I hope the finger, hand and marriage are ok today. Architecture school was a giant continuous mash unit as we all went sleepless for days wielding xacto blades on our models and fingers. Fingers on my left hand are a scarred mess. Wish I could say I learned better eventually. Definitely learned not to bring ska to a wife fight.

Our dinner out was fantastic, at one of our favorite restaurants Blue Water Grille. I went with the turkey dinner (honestly best turkey I've had...sorry, mom) while the rest had sushi. Lots of sharing and thankfullness. Even floppinho, who has entered the awful 11year old boy phase of his life, was great- no tears at all from 7yo floppinha.

is the left the crockpot chicken hand?

Was he playing Madness on the mandolin?

I hope the finger, hand and marriage are ok today. Architecture school was a giant continuous mash unit as we all went sleepless for days wielding xacto blades on our models and fingers. Fingers on my left hand are a scarred mess. Wish I could say I learned better eventually. Definitely learned not to bring ska to a wife fight.

Our dinner out was fantastic, at one of our favorite restaurants Blue Water Grille. I went with the turkey dinner (honestly best turkey I've had...sorry, mom) while the rest had sushi. Lots of sharing and thankfullness. Even floppinho, who has entered the awful 11year old boy phase of his life, was great- no tears at all from 7yo floppinha.
Same here.  Amazing how many times the xacto would jump the edge of the straight edge and go right up your finger when you are on 50+ hours of no sleep.   And no time to go to the health center, so a kleenex and a roll of tape and back to work.

Front door deadbolt screwed the pooch today.  Naturally it’s a doorknob and deadbolt combo so I’ll be heading to Home Depot for some Black Friday doorknob specials shortly.  Then it’s replacing the RO filters and flushing the tank.  Leftovers were super.  My honey sriracha Brussels sprouts were fantastic.  Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread