What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

-fish- said:
Roverkid update:  This sucks.

No improvement since the concussion in September.   She's lost a significant amount of weight (like to the point where the doctor was afraid she has developed an eating disorder).  She's now living with me full time after a blowout on mom's side of the family where they are more concerned that she should be nicer and more outgoing with them than the fact that she's demonstrating long-term effects of a traumatic brain injury.

MRI on her brain scheduled for 1/14, also seeing a sports medicine doctor, neuropsychologist and dietitian.  I've had to take so much time off that I spoke to my partner today about taking a temporary pay cut so that I can work part time while I deal with this.  
Jesus, I’m sorry.  That’s unbelievable bull####.  I really hope you sue that school. 

My buddy Dean was in town this weekend for the Ducks game; what an awesome experience that was!  We've been in the same fantasy league together for 20+ years and it's the same group of guys.  My dad is in there, my ex-BIL, some of my fraternity brothers, buddies from high school.  And then there's a guy that's been in there the entire time who is a bit of an odd fellow.  Well, we're all odd, but this guy....he's out there.  Let's call him "Ted".

Ted is probably 6'4" and when Dean and I first met him, he was a pretty smooth cat.  The ladies really liked Ted and many a night out on the town with Ted in the late 90's ended with Ted going home with a nice looking lady.  Ted moved to the Bay Area in 2000 or so, met a woman, settled down and, as luck would have it, got her pregnant.  Not wanting to raise a kid in the Bay Area (and really, not having the sort of income one would need to do so) they moved up to Portland.  

Ted never married this gal, but they stayed together after their daughter was born and tried to make a go of things.  Didn't really pan out and they had a pretty nasty split.  Ever since then, Ted has been reluctant to date and is no longer the smooth cat he once was.  That split took its toll on him and Ted has kind of let himself go.  Bald now, bad facial hair, strange glasses, a little extra padding.  He's a great dad, has his now 14 year old daughter 50% of the time and lives with her in a 2 BR apartment.  

Ted tells us he's got a new girlfriend, but that things are a little rocky.  We pressed him and he just unloaded.  Apparently, this new GF lost her job and then lost her lease so she was in a bad spot.  Ted said she could temporarily move in with him and his daughter, but that as soon as she got another job, he wanted her to get her own place.  Well.....that didn't happen.  I know, surprise, surprise, surprise.  Not only has the GF moved in, but she too has a 15 year old daughter and now Ted has 3 girls living with him in a 2 BR apartment.  But wait, it gets better.

Not only has the GF remained unemployed, she has a "volunteer" job that has unusual hours, so she's out late at night, sleeps in and doesn't even try to find a job that will pay her.  So, we pressed again.  What kind of "volunteer" job.  After a long pause, Ted said "you don't want to know".  The table - including my dad - disagreed and said that we DO want to know.  Ted said "It's a club".  And I said "A strip club?"  Ted said "no, worse".  :mellow:

Apparently, there is a swingers club in downtown Portland.  His GF is a house dancer there and volunteers to show people around the club and try to sell memberships.  He said she refuses to give up this volunteer job and has taken him there so he can see that there's nothing to worry about.  Apparently, she likes to go there and dance because guys can't hit on her or grind on her.  There's all sorts of rules that have to be followed.  No phones allowed, no talking to women, they have to come talk to you first.  He said he just sat there, not doing anything when all of a sudden this couple just went over to a mattress near him and started humping.  He walked away, went past an open door and saw four dudes nailing a small Asian woman.  That was enough for Ted so he left.

He's told the GF she has to move out or get a real job.  We told him he should RUN away from this situation as far and as fast as possible, but.....he really likes her and says the sex is fantastic.  :lmao:

WTF?????
Sad sad news about "Ted". :(

"Ted" finished 4th in our fantasy league this year, which pays out $300.  I sent a group email to all the winners and asked them to make sure I had their current mailing address if they wanted checks or PayPal if they preferred that.  It was payday for all the winners last week and I was ready to dole out the dough.  Ted sent me a text with his current address and then texted "I'm 50/50 to play next year".  What followed as his reasoning gutted me.

He said he was diagnosed with incurable Stage IV lung cancer.  Went to the doctor for what at the time was a kidney stone and during a scan, they detected some lumps.  Turns out those lumps were cancer and it had spread from his lungs to his lymph nodes to his liver and his hip.  He's not sure how much time he has left to live.  

Wife and I are going to a dinner for him tomorrow night.  It's going to be tough.  His GF (the one in the story) is throwing the dinner for him and called me this week to ask me.  She cried on the phone.  I cried.  This sucks.  He's not yet 50.

Hug the ones you love, be thankful for your health and man, tip one back for "Ted" here if you think about it this weekend.

:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

"Ted" finished 4th in our fantasy league this year, which pays out $300.  I sent a group email to all the winners and asked them to make sure I had their current mailing address if they wanted checks or PayPal if they preferred that.  It was payday for all the winners last week and I was ready to dole out the dough.  Ted sent me a text with his current address and then texted "I'm 50/50 to play next year".  What followed as his reasoning gutted me.

He said he was diagnosed with incurable Stage IV lung cancer.  Went to the doctor for what at the time was a kidney stone and during a scan, they detected some lumps.  Turns out those lumps were cancer and it head spread from his lungs to his lymph nodes to his liver and his hip.  He's not sure how much time he has left to live.  

Wife and I are going to a dinner for him tomorrow night.  It's going to be tough.  His GF (the one in the story) is throwing the dinner for him and called me this week to ask me.  She cried on the phone.  I cried.  This sucks.  He's not yet 50.

Hug the ones you love, be thankful for your health and man, tip one back for "Ted" here if you think about it this weekend.

Damn, that's brutal.  :(  

He said he was diagnosed with incurable Stage IV lung cancer.  Went to the doctor for what at the time was a kidney stone and during a scan, they detected some lumps.  Turns out those lumps were cancer and it head spread from his lungs to his lymph nodes to his liver and his hip.  He's not sure how much time he has left to live.  

Sorry GB, #### cancer and hope Ted and his family find peace.

####. When I started reading I figured it was going to be a funny follow up about his girlfriend, etc.. That's horrible. 

It seems like sadness and tragedy is everywhere lately.

-fish- said:
Roverkid update:  This sucks.

No improvement since the concussion in September.   She's lost a significant amount of weight (like to the point where the doctor was afraid she has developed an eating disorder).  She's now living with me full time after a blowout on mom's side of the family where they are more concerned that she should be nicer and more outgoing with them than the fact that she's demonstrating long-term effects of a traumatic brain injury.

MRI on her brain scheduled for 1/14, also seeing a sports medicine doctor, neuropsychologist and dietitian.  I've had to take so much time off that I spoke to my partner today about taking a temporary pay cut so that I can work part time while I deal with this.  
The #1 diagnostic guy for tbi is near you.  He does work for the Nevada Boxing Commission and he’s a wizard with diffuse tensor imaging on Tesla 3.0 MRIs. I’m racking my brain to remember his name, I used him as an expert several years ago. 

He said he was diagnosed with incurable Stage IV lung cancer.  Went to the doctor for what at the time was a kidney stone and during a scan, they detected some lumps.  Turns out those lumps were cancer and it had spread from his lungs to his lymph nodes to his liver and his hip.  He's not sure how much time he has left to live.  

JFC

I am tilting one for Ted right now. Just f§cking brutal (screw the TOS).

Also, what kind of league do you run where 4th place pays out $300?

JFC

I am tilting one for Ted right now. Just f§cking brutal (screw the TOS).

Also, what kind of league do you run where 4th place pays out $300?
BIG MONEY SHAWKS NO GUPPIES IDP DYNASTY SORTA IF YOU HAVE ASK YOU PROBABLY CAN AFFORD IT BUT WOULDNT WANT NONE SON!!!!!1111

Sorry, drinking.  14 dudes, $205 entry.  Been the same group mostly for 20 years.  Having a bunch of the dorks over and into town for the Super Bowl in Ted's honor.  

The #1 guy for tbi is near you.  He does work for the Nevada Boxing Commission and he’s a wizard with diffuse tensor imaging on Tesla 3.0 MRIs. I’m racking my brain to remember his name, I used him as an expert several years ago. 
@-fish-

Gary Stimac, diagnostic radiologist.  At the Nevada Imaging Center in Bellevue, Washington, previously, looks like he’s now in Issaquah.

BIG MONEY SHAWKS NO GUPPIES IDP DYNASTY SORTA IF YOU HAVE ASK YOU PROBABLY CAN AFFORD IT BUT WOULDNT WANT NONE SON!!!!!1111

Sorry, drinking.  14 dudes, $205 entry.  Been the same group mostly for 20 years.  Having a bunch of the dorks over and into town for the Super Bowl in Ted's honor.  
Indeed

Remind me to tell you about the most hardcore FF league I know.  And by “remind me” I mean I might tell it in like 20 minutes.

Henry Ford said:
@-fish-

Gary Stimac, diagnostic radiologist.  At the Nevada Imaging Center in Bellevue, Washington, previously, looks like he’s now in Issaquah.
thanks.  my office is technically in Issaquah.   I'll see what happens with the MRI.  if there are any issues I may seek him out as a second opinion.

thanks.  my office is technically in Issaquah.   I'll see what happens with the MRI.  if there are any issues I may seek him out as a second opinion.
My office spent fifteen years litigating a case without anyone finding the brain injury before we found him.

Earlier I slammed the last two toes of my right foot into something that wasn't going anywhere. Medicating now with bourbon. Lots and lots of bourbon. 

I will be making my way to Portland (Oregon I believe) over Labor Day weekend to visit a friend.  Why is it so expensive to fly into PDX?  And what’s the deal with the old beloved Bill Cosby sweater looking carpet?

Users who are viewing this thread