What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (11 Viewers)

Lol JFC summers off!

Mom emails me last week about her daughter’s grade.  In my class her grade has dropped from an A- first quarter to a C+ second quarter.  Right now she has an F because she didn’t turn in a big packet of work.

Mom requests a face to face meeting.

No problem despite the fact that I can tell her exactly why her daughter’s grade is low (not turning in work and not studying for tests...even though she gets a study guide the day before with the exact same questions word for word).  And I post daily updates on my website as to what needs to be done in class every day. AND our gradebook is online.

So I communicate that to the mom via email but I tell her that I am absolutely available to meet one-on-one...just name the afternoon.  

Mom tells me she will come in yesterday at 3:15.  I clear my schedule. I print out her daughter’s grades. I put together the papers her kid is missing. Keep in mind this is time I could be prepping, making copies etc.

I also let the office know to let mom I was waiting for her in my room. 

Mom doesn’t show up. No notice. No email etc. I waited until 3:45.

Get an email today (from counselor) that mom has scheduled an official meeting next week.  

So that’s another afternoon shot to hell.  

/rant over

Lol JFC summers off!

Mom emails me last week about her daughter’s grade.  In my class her grade has dropped from an A- first quarter to a C+ second quarter.  Right now she has an F because she didn’t turn in a big packet of work.

Mom requests a face to face meeting.

No problem despite the fact that I can tell her exactly why her daughter’s grade is low (not turning in work and not studying for tests...even though she gets a study guide the day before with the exact same questions word for word).  And I post daily updates on my website as to what needs to be done in class every day. AND our gradebook is online.

So I communicate that to the mom via email but I tell her that I am absolutely available to meet one-on-one...just name the afternoon.  

Mom tells me she will come in yesterday at 3:15.  I clear my schedule. I print out her daughter’s grades. I put together the papers her kid is missing. Keep in mind this is time I could be prepping, making copies etc.

I also let the office know to let mom I was waiting for her in my room. 

Mom doesn’t show up. No notice. No email etc. I waited until 3:45.

Get an email today (from counselor) that mom has scheduled an official meeting next week.  

So that’s another afternoon shot to hell.  

/rant over
clearly not, this is the second time we've heard this.  

jeebus. I was planning on chilling this evening. Do you realize how unmotivated I am?

Ok, that's the site. Let's fill it up asap. Then everyone sends me their money, And we replace anyone who does not pay within a couple hours on Paypal or Venmo.

Sound fair?

I think I picked five squares, but let me know if I didn't save them right or some such.  Not sure about the "you have to pay in an hour or two but I won't give you the info to pay me" part, and I'll be drinking a lot later tonight, so please just know I'm good for it.  Whatever "it" is.

I think I picked five squares, but let me know if I didn't save them right or some such.  Not sure about the "you have to pay in an hour or two but I won't give you the info to pay me" part, and I'll be drinking a lot later tonight, so please just know I'm good for it.  Whatever "it" is.
you're good

Users who are viewing this thread