What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (5 Viewers)

You?   :lmao:

and the above “yes” is for square/s for Randall.

@Joe Bryant

joe, just a heads up. The site is seriously f’d up,  IT needs to get on the ball and fix all the posting issues.

Everytime I post,  the above post is Quoted and is unremoveable.   

Lame and extremely frustrating.   
Can you describe exactly what the problem is you're seeing? 

Keith is great and can take a look. But he needs to know exactly what problem you're having. I haven't experienced any posting issues on the site in the past few days. 

Thanks. 

Those four or five full pages of "squares chatTM" had me contemplating quitting the internet.

Canceled cable two weeks ago.  Is there a game on or something?
Dangit, missed the chance to start the "Thread for those not watching The Big Game" thread.

probably better than anything on tv tonight- yet another shameless dad plug... 11yo floppinho on skins for paint it black, end of season show for Rolling Stones NYC School of Rock.
New episode of Counterpart was on. 

You?   :lmao:

and the above “yes” is for square/s for Randall.

@Joe Bryant

joe, just a heads up. The site is seriously f’d up,  IT needs to get on the ball and fix all the posting issues.

Everytime I post,  the above post is Quoted and is unremoveable.   

Lame and extremely frustrating.   

Does the quoted post appear whenever you reply to this thread, or whenever you reply to any thread anywhere on the forums?

dang. how do they keep all those pizzas even reasonably warm? where the hell do you work that needs hundreds of pizzas at once

x3 - YAY!
@Joe Bryant the x3 - YAY! indicates that it's the third time i've tried replying in this thread, not using the quote function, where my reply automatically pre-fills with a post i quoted days ago

happens to me all the time

i even started a thread https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/773979-why-does-this-forum-re-load-old-comments-when-replying-to-a-thread/ 

@DA RAIDERS

Last edited by a moderator:
dang. how do they keep all those pizzas even reasonably warm? where the hell do you work that needs hundreds of pizzas at once

x3 - YAY!
@Joe Bryant the x3 - YAY! indicates that it's the third time i've tried replying in this thread, not using the quote function, where my reply automatically pre-fills with a post i quoted days ago

happens to me all the time

i even started a thread https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/773979-why-does-this-forum-re-load-old-comments-when-replying-to-a-thread/ 

@Joe Bryantthere's a x2 for me and it even restored the previous, previous quote. making that its 4th appearance in this thread.

Does the quoted post appear whenever you reply to this thread, or whenever you reply to any thread anywhere on the forums?
It also happens to me, Mostly in this thread, but not exclusively. 

I use the clear editor, or click on the little plus sign on the top of the highlighted text and hit delete or backspace to cure. 

I also encounter lengthy "saving" icons when I post. It often takes 10-15 seconds and sometimes will hang indefinitely. Again. mostly in GMTAN

eta- most often happens on my phone, but not exclusively

Last edited by a moderator:
It also happens to me, Mostly in this thread, but not exclusively. 

I use the clear editor, or click on the little plus sign on the top of the highlighted text and hit delete or backspace to cure. 

I also encounter lengthy "saving" icons when I post. It often takes 10-15 seconds and sometimes will hang indefinitely. Again. mostly in GMTAN

eta- most often happens on my phone, but not exclusively
Is "clear editor" available on mobile? I almost exclusively post/browse on my laptop, so I always have it available.  

Thanks, @DA RAIDERS@mr furley , and @cosjobs -- my best guess so far is that the forums fire off some sort of javascript to clear out the saved contents of your editor after the reply is posted, and because of the size of this thread, that script is either timing out or not getting fired.

I know that the rich text editor that Invision uses saves its contents to your browser's local storage to reduce the chance of you losing a long post by accident. But it is supposed to clear the editor out once the server confirms to the client that you've successfully replied. 

I'll check with Invision.

2019-02-04 (1).png

Is "clear editor" available on mobile? I almost exclusively post/browse on my laptop, so I always have it available.  
yes - but sometimes it doesnt show up.

I have to go back to the home screen, come back into the forums, then click on the thread again.

Did I win?

@Joe Bryant @Memphis Foundry

There it is again.   It appears to only occur in this thread. I’ll go test it in another thread that I have posted in. 

It says”your previous content has been restored”

hope that helps. And thanks!
Thanks. That's super odd. @Memphis Foundry is the man here to investigate. He'll see what he can see. My first guess it's something related to the number of posts in the thread. But Keith will see what he can see there. 

just click on "clear editor"   

problem solved
I don't think that the clear editor option always shows up for everyone.   I used to have to post then delete the post to get rid of the text.   One day the "clear editor" option showed up on my phone.   I don't know if it's a browser issue or a device issue, but it isn't always there.

Users who are viewing this thread