What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (13 Viewers)

We got like 8" of snow.  My town is completely shut down.   I have a 40-year old Japanese maple in my backyard that got weighted down by snow and a main limb broke off the trunk, so I lost about a quarter of the tree.  Supposed to snow for 4 of the next 5 days.  

Will probably lose power at some point, since we always lose power in storms.  I have plenty of firewood, but not enough booze to get me through 5 days.  It's officially an emergency now.  

We got like 8" of snow.  My town is completely shut down.   I have a 40-year old Japanese maple in my backyard that got weighted down by snow and a main limb broke off the trunk, so I lost about a quarter of the tree.  Supposed to snow for 4 of the next 5 days.  

Will probably lose power at some point, since we always lose power in storms.  I have plenty of firewood, but not enough booze to get me through 5 days.  It's officially an emergency now.  
Wondered how things were down by you.  I'd say we have 4-5" here, but the town is shut down, too.  Good for Mr. krista, since I suspect he won't have to work for a day or two.  I'm not concerned about what we have now, but for the fact that it seems to be lingering for the whole week.

Wondered how things were down by you.  I'd say we have 4-5" here, but the town is shut down, too.  Good for Mr. krista, since I suspect he won't have to work for a day or two.  I'm not concerned about what we have now, but for the fact that it seems to be lingering for the whole week.
Welp, I was wrong.  There's a big boating festival going on here this weekend, and so Mr. krista's restaurant is jam packed and he's working.  Why a boating festival in February?  Because it doesn't usually snow here!  

Welp, I was wrong.  There's a big boating festival going on here this weekend, and so Mr. krista's restaurant is jam packed and he's working.  Why a boating festival in February?  Because it doesn't usually snow here!  
Please tell me you didn't abandon your car on the highway Atlanta style when it started to snow.

doesn't Amazon deliver booze now?

uber to the bar

I wouldn't.  But Mr. krista's car is in a CVS parking lot about a mile away because he couldn't get it up the hill to our house.
HI Krista! 

I have not been here since summer... and have not read any posts in this thread since then... except this one and the one you quoted. 

Therefore, I am thinking.. 

(I like these new reactions available btw.) 

Now, after thinking about this in total isolation, I can imagine some interesting situations when employing the proper metaphors, smilies or euphemisms out of context...where appropriate of course. 

Good stuff! 

Hope you are well. 

HI Krista! 

I have not been here since summer... and have not read any posts in this thread since then... except this one and the one you quoted. 

Therefore, I am thinking.. 

(I like these new reactions available btw.) 

Now, after thinking about this in total isolation, I can imagine some interesting situations when employing the proper metaphors, smilies or euphemisms out of context...where appropriate of course. 

Good stuff! 

Hope you are well. 
:jawdrop:

You're back!   :pickle:  I'm so happy to see you!  Please stay a while.

please help with a hooze right.

the wife posts picture on facebook about floppinha, with a comment mentioning proud latina (wife is half mexican).

my best friend from HS replies- "that's funny, I didn't even know el floppo was hispanic. wow!"

how would you interpret that reply? 

and yes- correct- f'ing fb. 
Your best friend doesn’t know the difference between Hispanic and Latinx.  Which seems like an odd thing in 2019.

The Night To Shine event Friday night was amazing. We had 130 guests with special needs show up ranging in age from 14-80 years old. The venue we had it at was absolutely stunning and the entire night was a blast. 

I got to be a Buddy for a bit (each guest gets paired with a Buddy to hang out with them for the night and help them out) and the joy on James's face when I put his crown on was awesome. Truly a magical night.

What's crazy is that we doubled our number of guests from Year 1 to Year 2. My guess is that we'll be able to go from 130 to about 200 next year if we can somehow figure out the money side. In fact, our event coordinator at the venue had already booked their largest room for us for next year by the end of the night without us even saying anything!

Here's this year's video for anyone that wants to see a piece of what the night looked like.

First I want to thank everyone for their kind words and support. I cannot tell you how much it has meant to me, To have strengthened and comforted me. 

Sadly, it looks like the end for my sister. I'm going to try and find a flight out today, tomorrow is a snowstorm in Boston. Wednesday may be too late.
Sorry, man.   

First I want to thank everyone for their kind words and support. I cannot tell you how much it has meant to me, To have strengthened and comforted me. 

Sadly, it looks like the end for my sister. I'm going to try and find a flight out today, tomorrow is a snowstorm in Boston. Wednesday may be too late.
Sorry, man.   

Really sorry Cos.

I'm very sorry.  You and your family have my condolences.

I'm so sorry. F cancer.

The Night To Shine event Friday night was amazing. We had 130 guests with special needs show up ranging in age from 14-80 years old. The venue we had it at was absolutely stunning and the entire night was a blast. 

I got to be a Buddy for a bit (each guest gets paired with a Buddy to hang out with them for the night and help them out) and the joy on James's face when I put his crown on was awesome. Truly a magical night.

What's crazy is that we doubled our number of guests from Year 1 to Year 2. My guess is that we'll be able to go from 130 to about 200 next year if we can somehow figure out the money side. In fact, our event coordinator at the venue had already booked their largest room for us for next year by the end of the night without us even saying anything!

Here's this year's video for anyone that wants to see a piece of what the night looked like.
My stepmother participated in one of these a week or so ago.  They just wanted people there to cheer on the participants as they came in, as if they were celebrities.  She posted some pics and video that also made it look so sweet.

always two sides to a coin

Bad news - couldn't find my wallet and searched for hours (has drivers license for flight)

Good news - one of the stoner poodles hid it in the backyard, probably when they saw me packing a bag and crying. I am so thankful I found it there instead of have to re-trace my steps at the four homes we were looking at with the realtor yesterday in Round Rock.

Bad news - Bereavement fare was $700.

Good news first class was only $80 more

Bad news - dogs have never really seen me mourn

Good news - they sure do love me

Bad news - starting Friday night I had the worst stomach pain in my life. It continued through Sunday

Good news - wife is a nurse and was certain I was not going to die, Had no booze and only ice cream and soup since Sunday and seem to be fine now. Promised to see a doc today, but I hear they have docs in Boston if I really need one. I love ice cream and soup

Bad news - I've never flown first class without making up most of the fare difference in free booze

Good news - okay, I guess not all  coins have a flip side

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad news - couldn't find my wallet and searched for hours (has drivers license for flight)

Good news - one of the stoner poodles hid it in the backyard, probably when they saw me packing a bag and crying. I am so thankful I found it there instead of have to re-trace my steps at the four homes we were looking at with the realtor yesterday in Round Rock.

Glad you were able to get a flight.  Let us know when you make it there safely.  I'm sorry, GB.

Bad news - starting Friday night I had the worst stomach pain in my life. It continued through Sunday

Good news - wife is a nurse and was certain I was not going to die, Had no booze and only ice cream and soup since Sunday and seem to be fine now. Promised to see a doc today, but I hear they have docs in Boston if I really need one. I love ice cream and soup

Bad news - I've never flown first class without making up most of the fare difference in free booze

Good news - okay, I guess not all  coins have a flip side
Sorry for your loss, GB, but the bolded made me smile.

Damn, Damon.  Sorry bro.  :awkwardmanhug:

Users who are viewing this thread