Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Officer Pete Malloy

    5008

  • General Malaise

    4491

  • El Floppo

    4250

  • kevzilla

    3112

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

It isn't near the water, but I've got a group of 14 people staying at one of these places in May.  Great golf and restaurants.  It's a little over an hour from Seattle

https://www.vrbo.com/results?petIncluded=false&ssr=true&adultsCount=14&q=Suncadia Resort%2C Cle Elum%2C WA%2C USA&from-date=2019-08-16&to-date=2019-08-18

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, -fish- said:

It isn't near the water, but I've got a group of 14 people staying at one of these places in May.  Great golf and restaurants.  It's a little over an hour from Seattle

https://www.vrbo.com/results?petIncluded=false&ssr=true&adultsCount=14&q=Suncadia Resort%2C Cle Elum%2C WA%2C USA&from-date=2019-08-16&to-date=2019-08-18

Wow. That's gorgeous

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, -fish- said:

It isn't near the water, but I've got a group of 14 people staying at one of these places in May.  Great golf and restaurants.  It's a little over an hour from Seattle

https://www.vrbo.com/results?petIncluded=false&ssr=true&adultsCount=14&q=Suncadia Resort%2C Cle Elum%2C WA%2C USA&from-date=2019-08-16&to-date=2019-08-18

which one is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I am not a fan of Suncadia at all.  We can do better.  If we decide to do it, I’ll research.

I'm decided. Sounds like you & DA RAIDERS are, too. 

I'm guessing we can shame at least five or six more into playing.

My only "can't-do" is May 4-11

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I'm decided. Sounds like you & DA RAIDERS are, too. 

I'm guessing we can shame at least five or six more into playing.

My only "can't-do" is May 4-11

Best time to visit here is July/August.  

Regarding Suncadia, I should say that if you golf it’s probably great.  There’s just nothing else to do there, unless you want to drive a bit to some good hiking.  For out-of-towners to visit an area that’s nearly nothing but water and then stay nowhere near the water seems like a missed opportunity.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Best time to visit here is July/August.  

Regarding Suncadia, I should say that if you golf it’s probably great.  There’s just nothing else to do there, unless you want to drive a bit to some good hiking.  For out-of-towners to visit an area that’s nearly nothing but water and then stay nowhere near the water seems like a missed opportunity.  

Lol.   If you’re looking at summer, try to get a place with a dock.   I can bring a boat if people would like to go booze cruising, fishing or wakeboarding.

or just find a place in gig harbor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, the rover said:

Lol.   If you’re looking at summer, try to get a place with a dock.   I can bring a boat if people would like to go booze cruising, fishing or wakeboarding.

or just find a place in gig harbor.

I was thinking Gig Harbor would be great, actually.  Location is fantastic for getting to a lot.  Bainbridge would be even better, but so much $$$.

Edited by krista4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krista4 said:

Holy hell, that looks perfect.  Is the shtick the "castle" part?  By the way, 20 minutes from my house and 10 minutes from my favorite dive bar.  

Would that be Chad's Seafood? Because that place is JUMPING off of the map at me. Plus EMT Medical is close, which may come in handy.

 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Would that be Chad's Seafood? Because that place is JUMPING off of the map at me. Plus EMT Medical is close, which may come in handy.

 

Envy Bar & Grill

ETA:  We can all go play Naughty Bingo there.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Or maybe it was Naughty Trivia.  I just remember we were there minding our own business one night when the emcee of it tried to get us to stick around.  I think you can win dildos and stuff.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Or maybe it was Naughty Trivia.  I just remember we were there minding our own business one night when the emcee of it tried to get us to stick around.  I think you can win dildos and stuff.

bring @Officer Pete Malloy and clean up on the sex toys

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, krista4 said:

Holy hell, that looks perfect.  Is the shtick the "castle" part?  By the way, 20 minutes from my house and 10 minutes from my favorite dive bar.  

You might not believe this, but I love dive bars. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevzilla said:

Not that it will make any difference, but one could get quite the party pad in Vegas for $800/nt.

Yeah we used to rent McMansions for our fantasy draft.  There are some pretty insane places for rent there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

The bar is super dead tonight. Should I get some Taco Bell and head home for SNL, or make an even worse decision involving an ATM and a strip club?

2 double crunch wrap supremes, fully adorned nachos and a chili cheese burrito.  

pick up a large hot fudge and caramel sundae at Dairy Queen and eat that on the way home before you indulge in the Taco Bell.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Ok. So I'm guessing krista needs to unplug for a bit after her Herculean effort in the Beatles' thread. 

I know nothing about Seattle. Are there the kind of rentals like they have in the Outer Banks - 10 bedroom houses with a bunch of kitchens/decks, etc...?

There were...before k4 bought them all.

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kevzilla said:

The bar is super dead tonight. Should I get some Taco Bell and head home for SNL, or make an even worse decision involving an ATM and a strip club?

FTR, I took the less interesting route. I'm a sad sack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Yes.

 

I hereby veto this whole "Seattle" thing.

As much as I'd like to go somewhere else, if we're talking July/August the PNW is the best place to be.   Weather is perfect and so much to do.   This from a San Diego native.  I will get you drunk on a boat.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Sell it to me, then

We do a squat takeover of one of these new billionaires' towers under construction. I think it turns into a jg Ballard high-rise situation pdq. That should appeal to all comers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And the hits keep coming.......... A good friend of mine died from complications from diabetes. Was on dialysis for 4 years, finally was in the top 10 for a kidney in Texas, and died before he could get one at age 48. No thropras needed. It was a surprise but not shocking as he really never took care of himself until it was too late.

Also, about to become homeless. We sold our house about a month ago, and have until April 5th to find something. As fast as condos come on the market they are scooped up before we can even see them. Three times this past week our realtor contacted me about condos that just got on the market. Set up an appt to see it and within hours get a call saying they have accepted offers. Apartments are few as well. Have an appt to see a town-home in a 55+ community on Weds. We'll see.... If nothing else we'll be living in a hotel for a few weeks. In the middle of all this, my wife had to have surgery last week to try and repair her incision from her hip replacement from this past July. She has two drains running out of her and packing has been on me. My daughter came over this weekend to help so that helped,  but I'll need to get more help as we have less than a month to be out of here.

I've never been this stressed in my life. Probably slept 3 hours the past two nights. 

Anyway, just needed to vent a little. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading to Sedona on Wednesday just in time to miss the good weather here.  It was in the mid-80s here today.  “Winter” is over here and now we’re in Air Conditioning season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a fundamental, philosophical problem with golf/count

 

On 3/2/2019 at 12:21 PM, -fish- said:

It isn't near the water, but I've got a group of 14 people staying at one of these places in May.  Great golf and restaurants.  It's a little over an hour from Seattle

https://www.vrbo.com/results?petIncluded=false&ssr=true&adultsCount=14&q=Suncadia Resort%2C Cle Elum%2C WA%2C USA&from-date=2019-08-16&to-date=2019-08-18

I'll be damned if I take a vacation from my golf course community to another golf course community. I need to get away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 1:48 PM, the rover said:

Lol.   If you’re looking at summer, try to get a place with a dock.   I can bring a boat if people would like to go booze cruising, fishing or wakeboarding.

or just find a place in gig harbor.

If only we had an insider there to check what's available.

Edited by cosjobs
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...