What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (12 Viewers)

Seventeenth in a Series:

Thank you for steering me through such earlier quandaries as "how long can pizza safely stay on the counter," "is this yogurt expiration date merely a suggestion," and "should I swallow this pill I just found on the floor."  

I just pulled a jar of pickles out of the pantry and saw it says use by January 2016.  These are OK, right?  They're, ummm, pickled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seventeenth in a Series:

Thank you for steering me through such earlier quandaries as "how long can pizza safely stay on the counter," "is this yogurt expiration date merely a suggestion," and "should I swallow this pill I just found on the floor."  

I just pulled a jar of pickles out of the pantry and saw it says use by January 2016.  These are OK, right?  They're, ummm, pickled.
I find that botulism pairs nicely with an oaky cab or possibly a nice malbec.

Great.

Gotta question, tho. How many of these linky's you got, do you find yourself - vs - how many do your students feed to you?

My guess, is that if I had your connections, I'd be better equipped to blow some minds.

If this is all your own work - well ---- 🙂
I get nothing from my students.  Aside from a rare email, I do not communicate with them digitally/electronically/whatever.

Seventeenth in a Series:

If the seal was still good, there's no discoloration or weird things floating in there, and it smells ok, I'd think you're ok.

I mean, I wouldn't eat pickles that are probably 4 years old, but they must be pretty special pickles of you've moved them twice.

I get nothing from my students.  Aside from a rare email, I do not communicate with them digitally/electronically/whatever.
Good call. I have a friend that is a high school teacher and plays Fortnite with students all the time and interacts with them on social media. I've told him he's an idiot and that I'm going to have no sympathy when he ends up with an accusation against him.

Is telling a gay man that he's well-dressed a faux pas, like telling an Afrcian American that he is well-spoken.

If the seal was still good, there's no discoloration or weird things floating in there, and it smells ok, I'd think you're ok.

I mean, I wouldn't eat pickles that are probably 4 years old, but they must be pretty special pickles of you've moved them twice.
They're really not too good.  Came in a Costco two-pack xx years ago, and I'm just getting to the second jar, as the only pickle-eater in the house.  They are better, however, than (1) no pickles, or (2) going out to buy other pickles, which would involve putting on pants.  Mr. krista does the kitchen packing for moves, and I suspect he put the same amount of care into checking expiration dates as he does to other household tasks, which is to say zero.

Seventeenth in a Series:

Despite my aversion to undercooked ground beef, I say these are fine.  Hell, a lot of rural country stores just have opened jars of pickled stuff sitting out for god knows how long.

Seventeenth in a Series:

I had a recent experience that mad this a pretty strong "NO".  Now it may have been because it was an open, half-full container and might have sat on the counter open for a bit (my wife's Girl Scout troop was making smoothies with it), but I cracked the lid and got a whole lotta NOPE.  YMMV on a sealed single-serve cup.

I had a recent experience that mad this a pretty strong "NO".  Now it may have been because it was an open, half-full container and might have sat on the counter open for a bit (my wife's Girl Scout troop was making smoothies with it), but I cracked the lid and got a whole lotta NOPE.  YMMV on a sealed single-serve cup.
pickle smoothies?

pickle smoothies?
:lmao:  

Couple of places here do a nice avocado smoothie (ok, "bubble tea") though.

what was our generation's version of MMA guy?

you know the guy who hears a news story about a robbery at gunpoint and says (as he eats the last bite of an extra large pizza solo and polishes his 2nd two-liter of Mountain Dew) "he should have shot the leg then went for a rear naked choke.. it's what i would have done if that guy pointed a gun at me. people just don't know how to fight. i took 2 weeks of jiu jitsu a few summers ago and then started working as security for Tom Haverford... you wouldn't know him.. he's a really important local celebrity, though."

Roverkid update:  She's doing ok and seems to have stopped losing weight.   She's complying with the program, but still not giving them much to work with as far as the emotional component that triggered the anorexia in the first place.   She's one of two kids out of six there that aren't on anti-depressants.    

One thing that I've learned is that most of the kids that go through residential treatment get discharged because they run out of insurance money, not because they've completed the program.   That sucks.   My insurance will cover it through completion, but I feel bad for the other kids who aren't ready to step down to an outpatient program and get released too early just because of insurance coverage.

They're also pretty cagey about the timeline for discharge, but they have a tradition there where when you get released, you paint a rock and it goes on the patio.   At my last visit, I noticed that about a third of those rocks have the dates the kid was in the facility.   Most of them were in the range of 2 to 2 1/2 months, but a couple were 3 months or more.   

for all the kvetching about potential voter fraud maybe we could clean some of that up by not having uncle Hieronymous and aunt Bertha volunteering at the polls

they aren't even strong enough to turn the pages of the voter roll, much less to stay awake and alert all day checking ID's and names. it surely doesn't help that their junior assistants are 20 years past retirement age, either.

good lawd

for all the kvetching about potential voter fraud maybe we could clean some of that up by not having uncle Hieronymous and aunt Bertha volunteering at the polls

they aren't even strong enough to turn the pages of the voter roll, much less to stay awake and alert all day checking ID's and names. it surely doesn't help that their junior assistants are 20 years past retirement age, either.

good lawd
I think I have you beat.  My polling place is in the neighborhood across from mine.  It’s a Del Webb retirement community.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Del_E._Webb_Construction_Company

Almost all of the volunteers are old enough to remember when women couldn’t vote.

Every single time I go to vote they send me to the wrong table.   

good lawd
Oh yeah.  Election Day there?  Which Holstein won this year?

Users who are viewing this thread