Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

6 hours ago, berndog said:

@El Floppo  i need a little help from a local. Is Esca still a good choice for Italian?

Doing a quick trip to NYC so my son can visit Seton Hall and he requested Italian.  I went thru the NYC thread and Esca is the only place I could get a reservation for Saturday and wanted to make sure it was still a solid choice. 

Thanks

I haven't been to Esca is a very long time.  It hasn't gotten good reviews lately and I can't say I could recommend it from my own experience since it's been so long.  How about Lupa?  https://www.yelp.com/biz/lupa-new-york?sort_by=date_desc.  That's the last nice Italian restaurant (as opposed to a pizzeria) I have been to and I enjoyed it.  I tend to make Italian food a lot at home so I haven't gone out to many Italian restaurants lately.

• Like 1
  • Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

6 hours ago, berndog said:

@El Floppo  i need a little help from a local. Is Esca still a good choice for Italian?

Doing a quick trip to NYC so my son can visit Seton Hall and he requested Italian.  I went thru the NYC thread and Esca is the only place I could get a reservation for Saturday and wanted to make sure it was still a solid choice. 

Thanks

To add to my previous post, one of my favorite things about NYC is that you can get pretty much any kind of food you can think of.  As a result, I tend to look for places that make food I don't cook myself.  If you want some non-Italian food recommendations, I can help with that.

11 minutes ago, RC94 said:

I haven't been to Esca is a very long time.  It hasn't gotten good reviews lately and I can't say I could recommend it from my own experience since it's been so long.  

I was Leary because Esca is the only Italian restaurant I could get reservations at before 9:30.  Thanks for confirming my suspicions. 

Any Cuban recomendations?  Wife went to Victors and liked it. 

11 minutes ago, berndog said:

I was Leary because Esca is the only Italian restaurant I could get reservations at before 9:30.  Thanks for confirming my suspicions. 

Any Cuban recomendations?  Wife went to Victors and liked it. 

My favorite Cuban place is near my apartment in Hoboken.  It's a small Cuban diner with awesome food, but I don't think that's what you are looking for.  I have been wanting to try this place, but I haven't been there yet:

Coppelia

Here are some restaurants I've been to lately that I would recommend (from the last list I posted in the NYC thread), all of which are probably less expensive than Esca except Aquavit:

The Spotted Pig

Aquavit

Casa Restaurant

Churrascaria Plataforma

Periyali

Ootoya

La Loteria

• Like 1
On 3/31/2019 at 2:23 AM, DA RAIDERS said:

#### that noise.  find something that make you feel good.  makes you feel youthful.   for me, it's skiing.  i have skied 21 days, so far, this winter.  265 miles.  23l,000 vertical feet.  with a new top speed of 61.7 mph!  headed up for a couple days on tuesday and am planning my trip to chile, in august.  endless winter!

must.  shred.  the.  gnar.  

@cosjobs the whole family will be in plaid tomorrow, my brother.

:lmao: Love you GB but my feet are shot. My knees are shot. I'm just hoping to go on 13 8 5 mile walks again.

That's awesome for you though.  You are attacking life and the way it should be.  Personally I'm trying to figure out if I can ever love puddin' because that seems like a thing.

• Like 2
On 4/8/2019 at 9:41 AM, urbanhack said:

I don't have anything as interesting, but I did take my cat with me to get coffee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riCcsQNoVzo

Rules.

When I was like 20 I had a cat named Larry (aka Coolest Cat Ever).  Man, the stories I could tell about that bad axe motherfletcher.

One thing he liked to do was ride in the car.  If he was near the driveway when I was getting ready to go somewhere he would come over and try to get in.  90% of the time I was going somewhere where he couldn’t go like work or school.  But if I was going to like a drive-through I would let him in.

He would automatically jump up onto the rear deck and chill.  The folks that worked at the Taco Bell or McDonalds would always say something about him.

If they said something like “uh...you know there’s a cat in your back window, right?”  I’d usually say “yeah, he’s paying.”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
4 hours ago, McJose said:

Rules.

When I was like 20 I had a cat named Larry (aka Coolest Cat Ever).  Man, the stories I could tell about that bad axe motherfletcher.

One thing he liked to do was ride in the car.  If he was near the driveway when I was getting ready to go somewhere he would come over and try to get in.  90% of the time I was going somewhere where he couldn’t go like work or school.  But if I was going to like a drive-through I would let him in.

He would automatically jump up onto the rear deck and chill.  The folks that worked at the Taco Bell or McDonalds would always say something about him.

If they said something like “uh...you know there’s a cat in your back window, right?”  I’d usually say “yeah, he’s paying.”

That story is in your "tight five", isnt it?

11 hours ago, Osaurus said:

So...ummm...the Texas Legislature is doing some pretty progressive things these days

:rolleyes: Jeez, one guy introduces a bill to make abortion a capital offense....

I've said this before, but it bears repeating: the Texas Legislature meets for 140 days every two years. Most of us think it should be the other way around.

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, McJose said:

Rules.

cross-post to "shtick you use in real life" thread

6 hours ago, kevzilla said:

:rolleyes: Jeez, one guy introduces a bill to make abortion a capital offense....

I've said this before, but it bears repeating: the Texas Legislature meets for 140 days every two years. Most of us think it should be the other way around.

you mean people want them to meet for 2 years every 140 days?

• Like 1
On 4/8/2019 at 12:41 PM, urbanhack said:

I don't have anything as interesting, but I did take my cat with me to get coffee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riCcsQNoVzo

Actually, Urb - this is very interestin'.

Therefo, I decided ta take me cat, Slappy, out fer coffee too.

Coffee wit Slappy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 7
  • Thinking 1
1 hour ago, Getzlaf15 said:

So I'm in Sucramento on the way to LA. Our lunch food took forever and a day and my son just brought it on board.   Would you eat super spicy wings on board?

Probably wouldn’t eat them at the airport just prior to flying either. I think I would’ve turned this  Choose Your Own Adventure book back a few pages... (I always wanted to “win” the book and could keep at least 4 choices marked with one hand... 🤓

On 4/11/2019 at 8:47 PM, McJose said:

Rules.

When I was 10-11 my parents brought home this stray cat after a drunken night of Dad softball.  My drunken Uncle named him Fred because he really looked like a Fred.  Fred was one bad cat.

My parent's house backed up to Coldwater Creek (see Atomic Homefront) but there were many acres of common ground between it and my parent's house.  We were in the backyard one day and there's a groundhog a good 300 yards away digging. Grounding possibly.  Fred doesn't hesitate and takes off full sprint like he's in the Serengeti trying to take down a Zebra.  This damn groundhog was at least twice as big as him but he caught it and got into a scrap. It was freaking unbelievable.  Unbearable how Fred talked about it the rest of his life though..

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
1 minute ago, St. Louis Bob said:

When I was 10-11 my parents brought home this stray cat after a drunken night of Dad softball.  My drunken Uncle named him Fred because he really looked like a Fred.  Fred was one bad cat.

My parent's house backed up to Coldwater Creek (see Atomic Homefront) but there were many acres of common ground between it and my parent's house.  We were in the backyard one day and there's a groundhog a good 300 yards away digging. Grounding possibly.  Fred doesn't hesitate and takes off full sprint like he's in the Serengeti trying to take down a Zebra.  This damn groundhog was at least twice as big as him but he caught it and got into a scrap. It was freaking unbelievable.  Unbearable how Fred talked about it the rest of his life though..

What’s Climby up to these days?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, McJose said:

:sadbanana:

I know. Seriously bummed. 

Related, I bought a field camera and put it in the woods. After 3 weeks there were plenty of squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, & possomm. The most intriguing thing was a HUGE cat.  I think. He things coyote but the ears look cat like.  Will text a pic.

ETA The HUGE part may be the angle so sending a raccoon pic too.

Edited by St. Louis Bob
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, St. Louis Bob said:

Related, I bought a field camera and put it in the woods. After 3 weeks there were plenty of squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, & possomm. The most intriguing thing was a HUGE cat.  I think. He things coyote but the ears look cat like.  Will text a pic.

:lmao:

• Laughing 2
27 minutes ago, St. Louis Bob said:

I'll take some texts.