Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Thanks for all the thropwas everybody.  I'm doing alright, hanging out with family and friends, tipping back cold ones, grilling and enjoying 80 degree weather.  Despite being a little sad, I'm reliev

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Begging your pardon, but it ain't your singing that would get me dragged out of the terminal and beaten.

AH!

Thanks! 😀

EDIT: That may be the nicest thing anybody ever said about my sing'n. 😊

Edited by Man of Constant Sorrow
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

Honestly wtf is going on in here anymore?

I’m with you.  It’s lost its way.  How are you and the wife and kids?

Edited by krista4
7 hours ago, krista4 said:

I’m with you.  It’s lost its way.  How are you and the wife and kids?

Kids are great, thanks. 6.5, 4 and 1.5 years old so we have our hands full. Wife has had a rough stretch with her family though. Her dad flipped his truck in Dec, their house burned down a month or so ago and her uncle recently got very sick and passed last week. Hoping the "things come in 3's" are all done for a while.

• Sad 1
On 4/10/2019 at 1:26 PM, El Floppo said:

In memory, da Umberto is the best Italian I've had period, including italy.

But it's been probably 20 years since I've eaten there, so no idea if it holds up or if I was just a dumb punk.

Is Lanza's still around? I used to got here about 40 years ago.

1 hour ago, strykerpks said:

Kids are great, thanks. 6.5, 4 and 1.5 years old so we have our hands full. Wife has had a rough stretch with her family though. Her dad flipped his truck in Dec, their house burned down a month or so ago and her uncle recently got very sick and passed last week. Hoping the "things come in 3's" are all done for a while.

Yikes.  Hope things are turning around for them and that her dad is doing ok.

8 hours ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Hey K.

I'm pretty new to this thread and you guys.

Help me out. How did it use to be - before it got lost?

Can I change to help ya out?

🙂

Sweet sentiment.  Thanks for that.  I don’t have a solution, though.  I’m part of the problem!

• Like 2

one of my 10 year old's friends came over the other day. kid normally has skater hair. long in the front so he's always brushing it out of his face.

his new 'do was so jarring that it made me gasp.

like someone took a bowl that went just below his eyebrows, cut all the way around as one does and then shaved the entire back half off. totally bald. so a half-bowl... i guess? it's terrifying.

• Laughing 3

Some TPWs my sister's and niece's way would be appreciated.  Same sister whose daughter had brain cancer several years ago (you may recall the head-shaving shot video).

Her daughter's husband (mid-50s, seemingly in decent health) had a massive brain bleed last night, 2 surgeries overnight and it was not sounding good as of this morning when she sent out the news. Probably looking at weeks in the hospital, but no updates on whether to expect permanent effects.

So of my sister's children:  Middle child died in a car accident when he was 22.  Youngest had the brain tumor when she was ~40; still alive but major short-term memory issues so is basically housebound and needs full time care.  And now her oldest child's husband with the aneurysm.  It's been over a span of 20+ years, but still.

• Sad 5
25 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Some TPWs my sister's and niece's way would be appreciated.  Same sister whose daughter had brain cancer several years ago (you may recall the head-shaving shot video).

Her daughter's husband (mid-50s, seemingly in decent health) had a massive brain bleed last night, 2 surgeries overnight and it was not sounding good as of this morning when she sent out the news. Probably looking at weeks in the hospital, but no updates on whether to expect permanent effects.

So of my sister's children:  Middle child died in a car accident when he was 22.  Youngest had the brain tumor when she was ~40; still alive but major short-term memory issues so is basically housebound and needs full time care.  And now her oldest child's husband with the aneurysm.  It's been over a span of 20+ years, but still.

Seeing your kids go through all that has to be awful.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Awful.  So sorry to hear.  Let us know as he progresses.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Damn

2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I was walking to a hair consultation today and a bird pooped on me.  On my face.

A hair consultation?   Does that mean that you spent time and money discussing what you might do with your hair at some future date?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 2
Just now, -fish- said:

A hair consultation?   Does that mean that you spent time and money discussing what you might do with your hair at some future date?

Yes to time, no to money.  It takes work to look this good.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Is Lanza's still around? I used to got here about 40 years ago.

pining for the fjords.

good old vibe, but IMO never felt like it elevated beyond the many other mid/low-end (and loved) italian spots in the hood.

22 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I was walking to a hair consultation today and a bird pooped on me.  On my face.

either extra good luck or imminent bird flue. one of those.

• Thinking 1
19 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Yes to time, no to money.  It takes work to look this good.

I'll be arriving in Kingston around 6:45 tomorrow evening if you want to get a margarita.

1 hour ago, heckmanm said:

A good friend of mine's wife went through something similar to the husband. It's taken a few months but she's back home and is still making good progress, so the hope for recovery is there. Still sending thoprawishes your families way.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, -fish- said:

I'll be arriving in Kingston around 6:45 tomorrow evening if you want to get a margarita.

Yes!  I think...  I am hanging out with a friend in Everett tomorrow and should be back by then.  Hell, you and I might even end up on the same ferry.  I'll text you.

5 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

is that a telephone? ping pong ball sandwich?

It is, in fact, a telephone. I think it's a comment on your use of "bird flue". Which is what the poop went through on its way to Krista's face.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
5 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

It is, in fact, a telephone. I think it's a comment on your use of "bird flue". Which is what the poop went through on its way to Krista's face.

had two flue inspections in a project today... it's on my brain. more than spelling, apparently.

1 minute ago, mr. furley said:
17 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

ping pong ball sandwich?

@Man of Constant Sorrow we're gonna need some interpretating here

Wells, I already gave my opinion - if it was a telephony.

But, irt to this...

...it looks like a cat I once had - red - with lotsa eyes - big ears - and a blank stare.

We named him Goofy.

3 minutes ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Wells, I already gave my opinion - if it was a telephony.

But, irt to this...

...it looks like a cat I once had - red - with lotsa eyes - big ears - and a blank stare.

We named him Goofy.

oh lawd, this reminds me of a cat video i saw on reddit yesterday.

somewhere on r/wtf

Just now, El Floppo said:

is the telephone/ping-pong ball sandwich emoji something that's in use for mis-spelling/malaprops? still not getting it. goofy the cat, I get.

i don't get it either yet here we are

Just now, mr. furley said:

i don't get it either yet here we are

I"m not going to let this go, dan.

so anyways- had a morning meeting on site at the project that will likely get me fired (because we can't get the ####### permits). I head back to the office, picking up my lunch on the way (salad).. .park the citi-bike (share) and get within a block of my building- we're a block from the empire state building- due to fire and police having cordoned off a 2 block radius around my building. wtf. series of manhole cover explosion/fires. nobody answering the phone in the office... finally got a hold of a co-worker on his cell- everybody went home.

well, ok then. home I went. hung with floppinha at the playground across the street- answering emails on my phone. perfect spring day here in NYC. other than the imminent firing thing hanging over my head, pretty great day. 

• Like 3

1st - glad your day is going well El F.

2nd - worst case scenario - when I lost my last job, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Now, I am not wishing this upon you. Good luck in what you want - I think you can do it.

But, if the worst does happen - remember, it is not really the worst.

Have fun today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, heckmanm said:

Sorry to hear that.  Best wishes to everyone. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Getzlaf15 said:

not sure wether to :lmao: or :cry:

When I first read her post, I :lmao:, so I'm going to stick with my natural reaction.  Also might want to :brush: (never used that emoji before).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, krista4 said:

Yes!  I think...  I am hanging out with a friend in Everett tomorrow and should be back by then.  Hell, you and I might even end up on the same ferry.  I'll text you.

I'll be over in Wenatchee and then West Wenatchee later on.  Screw Wenatchee Heights though.

• Laughing 1