What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (9 Viewers)

does the symbol still have to be below the waist when you catch the guy looking? 

(goes back to at least the late 60s rule). 
ooh, good call. i had forgotten that rule.

yes. preferably you trick them in to looking at your junk for the double-whammy insult of not just punching them but also suggesting they're gay for looking at your package.

It hit the big time a few months ago when a staffer in some Congressional hearing was spotted in the background with their hand resting on their arm like that and suddenly all the talk was about how it was a white power symbol or such which was super confusing since it's not only kind of a natural way for your hand to fall when holding your elbow, but also a game that I've played with friends going back 20 years to college.

I should note that the whole thing is even more stupid precisely because we live in an age where it's even plausible that a Congressional staffer could be flashing a ridiculous co-opted symbol as a white power sign because 4chan made it a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deadspin‏Verified account @Deadspin

Cubs fan using "OK" hand gesture behind Doug Glanville gets banned indefinitely:

following comment:

Mike O'Malley‏ @mrkenzington9 1h1 hour ago

just showed this to my wife and immediately punched her in the shoulder twice.

The circle/ok thing was co-opted by anti immigration brexit folk too. My fave band IDLES out this song out in reaction, reclaiming it. Seeing the video for the first time was the first time I learned that ok wasn't ok.

can anyone explain to me how this "she's sweet but a psycho" song got greenlit?

what a horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible pile of crap

it's a thing whereby if you can "trick" a friend in to looking at your hands as you're making that OK hand sign you get to sock them in the arm

caveat: you must be ok with getting cooties from punching another kid
So it's not a racist thing?

I'm so confused  :mellow:

Been an awesome Thursday!

- Woke to a hold on one of my debit cards due to what they were worried were bogus charges.  Cleared it up relatively quickly, but not a great feeling.

- My last real "work friend" at the studio had his final day today before leaving for a better job at a studio I got turned down at during my layoff.

- Received an email on my drive home that my bank account was overdrawn.  Immediately called fraud prevention, was told that a hold had been placed on the account AGAIN, this time due to multiple checks cashed against the account for about a rack each (which apparently happened within the past 24 hours, since it was fine this morning when I checked after my initial phone call).  "You're worried someone may have access to the account?  That's totally understandable.  However, there's a hold on the account right now, sir.  Since that has happened this issue needs to be handled by the Risk Department.  I'm afraid they're gone for the day.  You'll be able to talk to them in 12 hours."  😐

- Wife and I will be seeing three more properties to potentially lease inside the next 48 hours.  Bets on whether this bank crap is cleared up before I need to go quickly get a cashier's check/need to show proof of income with deposit statements/etc?

- I have enough scotch for exactly one drink.  It's not going to be enough.

FML

Been an awesome Thursday!

- Woke to a hold on one of my debit cards due to what they were worried were bogus charges.  Cleared it up relatively quickly, but not a great feeling.

- My last real "work friend" at the studio had his final day today before leaving for a better job at a studio I got turned down at during my layoff.

- Received an email on my drive home that my bank account was overdrawn.  Immediately called fraud prevention, was told that a hold had been placed on the account AGAIN, this time due to multiple checks cashed against the account for about a rack each (which apparently happened within the past 24 hours, since it was fine this morning when I checked after my initial phone call).  "You're worried someone may have access to the account?  That's totally understandable.  However, there's a hold on the account right now, sir.  Since that has happened this issue needs to be handled by the Risk Department.  I'm afraid they're gone for the day.  You'll be able to talk to them in 12 hours."  😐

- Wife and I will be seeing three more properties to potentially lease inside the next 48 hours.  Bets on whether this bank crap is cleared up before I need to go quickly get a cashier's check/need to show proof of income with deposit statements/etc?

- I have enough scotch for exactly one drink.  It's not going to be enough.

FML
That doesn’t sound awesome at all.

roverkid gets to visit overnight tomorrow.    we're going to see avengers: endgame and in the morning my friend is coming over to cut and color her hair.   it will be nice for her to get to see her pets and sleep in her own bed.   hoping she gets discharged in about 3 weeks.

ex-wife tried to screw the whole thing up by ignoring my schedule and telling the counselor completely different times that what work, even though it's at my house and I'm picking her up.

Users who are viewing this thread